Raiders sign former Utah 🌟Former Bronco Devante Booker

Humble_Beast

Great pickup! Still young and might much mileage, lost in the shuffle in Denver. A physical runner who is going to play with one of the best offensive lines in football!!! Compare our line to the Broncos lines while he was in Denver!! What more could you ask for cheap?! 

Edited by Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Great pickup! Still young and might much mileage, lost in the shuffle in Denver. A physical runner who is going to play with one of the best offensive lines in football!!! Compare our line to the Broncos lines while he was in Denver!! What more could you ask for cheap?! 

I would have preferred Hyde but I will take Booker.  May the best man win the backup job.  Worst case scenario is he is not good and we cut him.  Should at least be cheap.

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Im biased, but I’m happy.  He is a good player in the passing game and will be a decent backup option for us.  

Agreed. It's good to get a cheap young backup runner. If he's taking ~5 carries a game as bowden gets eased in, I'm fine with it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, daineraider said:

Im biased, but I’m happy.  He is a good player in the passing game and will be a decent backup option for us.  

I haven't watched much of him.  Would you say he is an upgrade over Washington and a similar type back? 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/devontae-booker?id=2555223

Better size, and better receiver than Washington. A good fit to our running back unit. Phillip Lindsey came out of nowhere to take his spot, and they also invested in Royce Freeman. I like our RB unit now. Booker was probably our plan B, after Frank Gore signed with the Jets. 

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/devontae-booker?id=2555223

Better size, and better receiver than Washington. A good fit to our running back unit. Phillip Lindsey came out of nowhere to take his spot, and they also invested in Royce Freeman. I like our RB unit now. Booker was probably our plan B, after Frank Gore signed with the Jets. 

i guess hyde is holding out for a starting gig

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

another pass catching back. the brass doesnt seem all that interested in expanding jacobs' role in that department

I wouldn't say that. I think his usage in the passing game depends most on his health and workload. He didn't do any of the passing game stuff he did in college though as a rookie, which definitely disappointed me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I haven't watched much of him.  Would you say he is an upgrade over Washington and a similar type back? 

Booker is definitely a 3 down running back, and a slight upgrade from Washington Imo, slightly bigger frame, similar to Jacobs as in a tough runner, with ok speed, solid vision, I recall some Raider fans wanting us to draft him,  I think he had fumbling issues in college and might be why he got in the dog house in Denver.

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

another pass catching back. the brass doesnt seem all that interested in expanding jacobs' role in that department

He's actually a poor mans Jacobs which is what you want when he's in there you can do the exact same things although not on Jacobs level.Our  OL will be a breathe of fresh air for him.

20 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

He's actually a poor mans Jacobs which is what you want when he's in there you can do the exact same things although not on Jacobs level.Our  OL will be a breathe of fresh air for him.

this if a fair point. he's a better runner than i'm giving him credit for. i think im still quite bothered by the richard signing in conjunction with bowden pick

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

this if a fair point. he's a better runner than i'm giving him credit for. i think im still quite bothered by the richard signing in conjunction with bowden pick

I think we have to start looking at Bowden as Harris’ replacement on the depth chart.  I guess he will be covering his special teams duties and I still don’t believe what Mayock keeps rolling out in him being a RB. It seemed a bit ‘though protest too much’ when he kept correcting pundits and journalists who referred to him as a WR. He’ll be that joker position when in imo - manufactured touches etc.

Hopefully that will spell Jacobs some, but I always expected we’d sign aWashington replacement as well. Hopefully Booker is it.