Toronto Mounties Dynasty (Patriots Relocation Franchise) - Season Two - Now with 100% more Kyler Murray - AFC Championship Loss :(

Dome

bill-belichick-ah-presser.jpg

"Whatever. Football is for losers."  - Bill Belicheck at his final press conference. December 2020 on NFL Network

Bill Belichick announced his retirement following a Week 17 loss to the Miami Dolphins. The Patriots offense, led by Jarrett Stidham, finished last in the league in scoring and yards despite being one of the healthiest units in football. The normally stout defense struggled as well, largely due to routinely being put in compromising situations and rarely getting a long offensive drive to catch their breath. 

The Patriots finished the season with a 1-15 record and average home attendance of just under 3,000 fans.

"Well we not gonna watch 'em if they stink. Ya know?" one local was interviewed at a local sports bar. "Tommy was the hawt and soul of this place. I hate seeing it without him."

"It's ovah. If Tommy ain't here it's hawd to even care about football," another patron was quoted outside. "We're a tough bunch, we'll figure something out. Football ain't it."

Canadian investors plan on purchasing the team for a franchise overhaul. The New England Patriots have quit football.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 6

Deconstruction Year (2021)

The Patriots have hired interim HC Matt Hedrick to oversee football operations during the team's transition period in the 2021 season. 

The Patriots were almost completely inactive in free agency, opting to re-sign just two of their own players while bringing in zero outside free agents:
LG Joe Thuney: 5 years - 59.9m (10m guaranteed)
C David Andrews: 3 years - 29.9m (9m guaranteed)

Notable Departures:
DT Lawrence Guy
RB James White
WR Mohamed Sanu Sr

The Patriots traded away almost every one of their 2021 Day 1 and Day 2 draft picks for future picks as well. This was partially due to not having a scouting staff in place in the months leading up to the draft, as well as this move being seen as an opportunity to stockpile picks for a large roster turnover in the first year in a new city.

The Patriots traded #1.1 for #1.4 and two second round picks. Then they traded #1.4 for a late 1st and two more additional 2nd round picks before trading all but two of their 2nd round picks away as well for even more future picks.

2021 Notable Draft Selections:

2nd Round - Pick #55 - DT Donavan Manning - 70 OVR - Normal Dev - 90 STR - 88 ACC - 77 SPD
Physical specimen, needs to develop his skills but has great upside, a bit undersized at 6' 295lbs

2nd Round - Pick #58 - TE Casey Fletcher - 73 OVR - Normal Dev - 75 SPD - 74 ACC - 73 CTH - 71 RBK
Good all around combo TE with great size (6' 5" 260lb)

Post-Draft Trade:
3-time SB Champion Dont'a Hightower traded to Jacksonville for a future 5th, 6th and 7th round pick.

Preseason:
The Patriots are being gutted. Patrick Chung, Devin McCourty and Julian Edelman have been released or traded for future picks.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Dome said:

The Patriots traded #1.1 for #1.4 and two second round picks. Then they traded #1.4 for a late 1st and two more additional 2nd round picks before trading all but two of their 2nd round picks away as well for even more future picks.

You sure bill belicheck isn’t still around? 

• Like 4

I snagged a lot of young high potential FAs, mostly guys in the lower 60s. Two of them had Hidden Dev.

WR Levone McNeill - 57 ovr - 6' 3", 88 spd, 88 acc, 81 jumping
RE Richie Fuller - 60 ovr - 6' 4" 289lbs - not a lot else to be excited about

Week 1 Trade

Got DE Trey Hendrickson from the Saints for a couple mid round picks, he's penciled in as a starter across from Chase Winovich.

Mid-season Extension:

CB JC Jackson has resigned on a 6 year deal worth $56m with 16m guaranteed.

I'm simming this season, then will post a roster when I announce the big move.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dome said:

As expected, the Jets are facing the Eagles in the Super Bowl. 

Jets win 31-20. 

Looks like Lev Bell got hot at the right time, Sam Darnold not seeing huge improvements. Not sure what to think of that.

• Like 1

The Patriots deconstruction is complete.

They finished the season at 2-14 and secured the #1 overall pick in the draft once again, they also announced that the team had found a buyer and that the next season would indeed be The Patriots final year in New England.

"Good riddance. That was hawd to watch," one local fan eagerly awaited his once beloved team's exit. "At least Tommy left with some dignity!"

"Why can't it just be this year? They never deserved us anyways!" shouted another fan, three years removed from a Super Bowl parade in his hometown. "I could give two ****s about some football team. I'm a Red Sox fan. Always been one. 'til the day I die."

2022 Rebuild and Relocation - Last Offseason in New England

Quarterback   Halfback   Fullback   Wide Receiver   Tight End
J Stidham 24 71   S Michel 26 79           N Harry 23 77   C Fletcher 23 75
        D Harris 24 71           J Meyers 24 73   D Asiasi 25 71
                        T Fulgham 25     D Keene 23 69
                        Q Abeboyejo 26     D Izzo 25 64
                        G Olszewski 24          
                        L McNeill* 23          
                        J Greene 24          

Left Tackle   Left Guard   Center   Right Guard   Right Tackle
I Wynn 25 77   J Thuney 28 84   D Andrews 29 82   S Mason 28 86   K Cunningham 26 63
Y Chujuste 24 66   M Onwenu 25 67   D Woodard 25 61   H Froholdt 25 66   J Herron 27 60
        S Nortman 23 58                        

Left End   Right End   Defensive Tackle   Outside Linebacker   Middle Linebacker
C Gold 23 60   C Winovich 25 78   A Butler 27 72   A Jennings 25 75   J Bentley 25 77
        R Fuller* 24 63   D Manning 23 72   T Bower 26 66   C Maluia 24 67
        K Kennedy 23 62   B Cowart 24 69           B King 28 59

J Uche 24 73        

Cornerback   Free Safety   Strong Safety   Kicker / Punter   Practice Squad
S Gilmore 30 91   J Williams 23 73   K Dugger 26 75   J Rorhwasser 25 71        
J Jackson 25 83           T Bodden 23 61                
J Jones 27 78           C Stanford 23 58                
N Igbinoghene 24 73                                
L Pipkins 27 66                   J Bailey 24 78        
K Burns 23 64                                
D Myrick 25 62                                
J Gordon 24 62                                
S Brown 23 60                                

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

Patriots FA offers

RT, 90 OVR - Ryan Ramczyk - 3 years, $50.9m w/ $21m guaranteed.
An offensive cornerstone if I can land him. Saints are targeting 72 OVR Marcus Cannon as a replacement. xD

ACCEPTED STAGE 3

DT, 82 OVR - Da'Shawn Hand - 4 years, $30.8m w $7m guaranteed.
I have a couple young developmental guys at the position but need a veteran starter.

ACCEPTED STAGE 3

SS, 85 OVR Jabrill Peppers - 6 years, $50.7m w $15m guaranteed.
Lowball offer, and it's not a position of need, but he's a stud and I can move him all over the defense.

ACCEPTED STAGE 2

• Like 1

Additional signing....

OLB - Fred Warner - 87 OVR - Super Star X-Factor! 
2 years, $28m with $14m guaranteed

Defense will be nasty if I can land a star pass rusher in the draft.

• Like 1

I've got the 1st pick in the draft and it comes down to two players. 

Texas WR Derek McAlister would be a perfect partner to N'Keal Harry

5-11 194lbs - 21 years old
40 - 1st
Vert - 1st
3 cone - 1st
20 yard - 1st

Rutgers RE Harvey Beck would fill arguably my biggest need, but could be a bit of a risk compared to McAlister

6-1 246lbs - 23 years old
40 - 8th
Vert - 1st
Broad 1st
3 cone - 4th
20 yard - 6th
Bench - 30

I'm going to go with the WR... he's two years younger, from a bigger school that faced better competition (idk if this matters) and his physical attributes are tougher replace. I think he's a can't miss prospect. Not sure about Beck.

With the 1st pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Patriots select:

WR Derek McAlister - Texas

78 OVR with Hidden Dev
94 Speed, 92 Acceleration, 93 Agility
79 Catch, 82 C. Traffic, 75 Spec. Catch
74 Short Route, 77 Medium Route, 82 Deep Route

Walks on as the best weapon on the team and he'll transform the offense from Day 1. He's a plug and play deep threat but I have no doubt he'll turn into an elite slot weapon eventually. Good start to the draft.

The Saints ended up taking the DE two picks later.. I'll go check him out after the draft.

With all the picks I've accrued during the dismantle phase, I'm going to try to move back up into the middle of the 1st round. I currently hold a late 1st from one of last years 2nd round trade backs.

I have several edge rushers and two QBs I'm going to target.

• Like 3

Redskins took a MLB I couldn't scout at #9... Interested to see he how turns out. His combine was great but every time I tried to scout him it acted like I'd already done his scouting.

And I was able to trade up to pick number 15...

Patriots trade pick 1.28, 2.33 and 2.63 to the Broncos for pick 1.14

• Like 1

With the 15th pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Patriots select:

LOLB Speed Rusher Isaac Anthony - Tennessee

6-4, 243 LBS

40 - 1st
Vert - 4th
Broad - 19th
3-cone - 1st
20-yard - 1st
Bench - 14th 

75 OVR - Hidden Dev
84 Speed - 88 Acceleration - 72 Strength
79 Finesse - 72 Block Shedding - 83 Pursuit

Exactly what I needed...

I just need a QB... Hopefully one falls into the 2nd round. I got one more trade up in me.

• Like 3