Pass interference replay will not return

sdrawkcab321

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not a fan of this. I don’t like putting the game in the refs hands. 

lol

They weren't regulating things themselves anyways. It was clear they didn't care about making the right call, they cared about what the refs on the field said happened. It was brazen at times, NFL Network media members were even pointing it out. 

• Like 8

To me, they either need to make all penalties review-able or non of them, with the exception of "too many men on the field" because that's not a judgment call. I mean, I saw multiple delay of games/should be delay of games (including the playoffs last year) not called and that's a lot easier to go back and say "Hey, the clock is at zero and there's no snap. That's a penalty", than there is to look at holding, illegal contact, DPI/OPI, etc. 

Even false starts/offsides are relatively cut and dry in comparison.

They boxed themselves in with one of the worst non calls in league history, which altered the entire course of the playoffs, and then overreacted/overcorrected with a blatantly transparent facade to further shield/back the referees without actually caring about "getting the call right".

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dome said:

lol

They weren't regulating things themselves anyways. It was clear they didn't care about making the right call, they cared about what the refs on the field said happened. It was brazen at times, NFL Network media members were even pointing it out. 

That’s still not a reason to remove it. They need to fix PI calls. 

37 minutes ago, Dome said:

lol

which made it frustrating when on the rare occasion, it was enforced against your team's interests

They just need a sky judge, who is part of the officiating crew, who can call down and get in the referees ear if something blatant or obvious happens, not every play, nothing ticky tack, just the stuff that happens when the on field crew has the odd miss

It's the answer that sitting right there in front of them

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

They just need a sky judge, who is part of the officiating crew, who can call down and get in the referees ear if something blatant or obvious happens, not every play, nothing ticky tack, just the stuff that happens when the on field crew has the odd miss

It's the answer that sitting right there in front of them

I could get behind this, a few "eye in the sky" guys who have the right to make a call if something isn't called on the field. 

If you could get someone in a booth with a monitor with All-22 view, you could probably get a more reliable source to get it right.

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I could get behind this, a few "eye in the sky" guys who have the right to make a call if something isn't called on the field. 

If you could get someone in a booth with a monitor with All-22 view, you could probably get a more reliable source to get it right.

I just want it to be fast. Not whatever it is they do in the last 2 minutes where they get buzzed down for replay

I want the sky judge to make the call, inform the ref what he saw, and allow the ref to confirm the call or overrule it, as they already do with the other officials that are on the field. Sky judge is part of that officiating crew, so you don't get any kind of conflict of interest or referees trying to save face or any of that BS

• Like 1