Pass interference replay will not return

sdrawkcab321

There was a grand total of one call overturned on this rule until week like 14 after people and coaches bitched and bitched about it not being enforced properly. 

This was stupid, they should have just not gone through with it in the first place if they were gonna do this.

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I thought it was a blatant slap in the face to fans that the NFL implemented this rule and then blatantly just refused to enforce it because it would make referees look bad. This was the NFL's plan all along, no doubt.

Wasn't it to only get rid of the blatant misses since it's such a judgement call anyways? They were inconsistent with that but they weren't suppose to change every one that could have gone the other way

18 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

There was a grand total of one call overturned on this rule until week like 14 after people and coaches bitched and bitched about it not being enforced properly. 

This was stupid, they should have just not gone through with it in the first place if they were gonna do this.

Well that can't be right

37 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Well that can't be right

Slightly hyperbolic, but not by much for coach initiated challenges specifically (booth initiated ones had a slightly superior rate). I've head some different number from various articles, but at one point, 32 of 33 coaches challenges for PI were not overturned. Their total success rate was pretty abysmal. From weeks 3-11, coaches challenges were like 2 for 41 (I've seen some slight variations in  those numbers, but I have seen that in a few spots). 

A ton of articles were written about it after week 11 and through week 12, because week 11 had the Ravens / Texans game where Marlon Humphrey straight up mugged hopkins and wasn't called even after review. 

Horrible decision by the league. The point was to try to make a  fairer game and the refs basically decided to be ignorant and indignant, essentially protesting because they can't stand being called out for cheating teams out the game. They are once again never held accountable. Stupid.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Slightly hyperbolic, but not by much for coach initiated challenges specifically (booth initiated ones had a slightly superior rate). I've head some different number from various articles, but at one point, 32 of 33 coaches challenges for PI were not overturned. Their total success rate was pretty abysmal. From weeks 3-11, coaches challenges were like 2 for 41 (I've seen some slight variations in  those numbers, but I have seen that in a few spots). 

A ton of articles were written about it after week 11 and through week 12, because week 11 had the Ravens / Texans game where Marlon Humphrey straight up mugged hopkins and wasn't called even after review. 

Only talking coaching challenges changes it a bit.

I was going to say that the Vikings got royally screwed over week 2 if that was true

4 hours ago, TheGame316 said:

They just need a sky judge, who is part of the officiating crew, who can call down and get in the referees ear if something blatant or obvious happens, not every play, nothing ticky tack, just the stuff that happens when the on field crew has the odd miss

It's the answer that sitting right there in front of them

what they need is a Roger Cam of him in his dungeon chair every weekend reviewing the calls

So the NFL had one of the most embarassing on field incidents in its history, made a brand new rule to make sure it never happens again, refuses to enforce that rule, then comes out the next year and says we don't need it anyways.

Can't wait for another 2019 NFC Championship game scenario and have this blow up in the NFLs face. Will be an entire offseason of stories about how the NFL removed the rule and how stupid they were to do it.

10 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

They still need to have some kind of safegaurd to prevent another Sants/Rams obvious miss. 

No they don't.  Every play in a football game matters.  And bad calls are part of the game.  I never liked how people overreacted to that call.  Saints still had a chance to win in OT but blew it on their own. 

• Like 1