2020 Schedule (TNF v Denver, MNF v NE)

Bianconero

24 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Recency bias. But even then we managed 7 wins last year with everything that could go wrong going wrong. That’s a testament to the coaching staff and locker room(outside of the Diva being hurt by trade rumors)

This team will have to prove itself with 

1. Execution- we missed a ton of opportunities last year to make plays. 
2. Winning ball games- it’s one thing to be competitive but you want to be the team that can close games out. 
3. Consistency- have to show that week in/week out we’re a team that shows up. 3 losses last year that guys here really hated were @Miami, @Jacksonville and @Cincinnati. Now I don’t think we were good enough to say we had to beat them but those are the games you have to win to be a team that is legit. 

Can they win 11 games? Sure, Darnold in year 3(2nd in the offense) and an all around improved team(I don’t think we got worse anywhere) and some good luck and yeah it can happen. But they can lose 11 as well. Why? Because we’ve been doing that. 

We were 7-6 with Sam last year(8-5 if we close out the Buffalo game). I got faith but they gotta prove it to everyone else. 

For the fans it starts with belief. 

I’d add that another reason for pessimism is that JD silenced us all with a good offseason. Promising to rebuild the OP and add weapons. And he did that.

Gase hasn’t proven anything yet. So there’s still a lot of question marks with him. It would be great for him to put them to rest as well

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d add that another reason for pessimism is that JD silenced us all with a good offseason. Promising to rebuild the OP and add weapons. And he did that.

Gase hasn’t proven anything yet. So there’s still a lot of question marks with him. It would be great for him to put them to rest as well

Only thing Gase has proven is that we’re sure to float around .500 ball. His record says that. 

This is probably the best team he’s had too to bottom as a head coach. Outside of another injury plagued season he should produce some quality wins for us. 

He’s 20-14 with Tannehill and Darnold starting(his actual starting QBs)

• Like 2

All this talk about Buffalo could end up like a lot of other teams in recent years Brown, Eagles etc. 
If you look at their opening 6 games they could very easily go 1-5 or 2-4. If we beat them (which I think we will) they have the Raiders and Titans away from home back to back which will be a tall order. They also play KC in that span plus the Rams. So we could play them again in week 7 at home with them only having 1 or 2 wins which would pour cold water on all this Bills talk. 

Edited by xenajets

6 hours ago, xenajets said:

All this talk about Buffalo could end up like a lot of other teams in recent years Brown, Eagles etc. 
If you look at their opening 6 games they could very easily go 1-5 or 2-4. If we beat them (which I think we will) they have the Raiders and Titans away from home back to back which will be a tall order. They also play KC in that span plus the Rams. So we could play them again in week 7 at home with them only having 1 or 2 wins which would pour cold water on all this Bills talk. 

Lol let’s play some games first 

11 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I have been wondering what would it take for Gase to save his job. 

I obviously don't like him but I think him being able to win the division or challenge for it may help for me. I'm not sure outside of making the wildcard. 

13 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Only thing Gase has proven is that we’re sure to float around .500 ball. His record says that. 

This is probably the best team he’s had too to bottom as a head coach. Outside of another injury plagued season he should produce some quality wins for us. 

He’s 20-14 with Tannehill and Darnold starting(his actual starting QBs)

I hadn't seen that 20-14 stat before actually. Damn, Tannehill missed some serious time with the Dolphins.