2020 Schedule

Matts4313

1 minute ago, buddy_z34 said:

Never liked this stat. These are always out of context seeing as those are based off of last years records. 

I learned to almost completely discount that stat when the Steelers came into the season with what was the most difficult schedule in the league based on the previous years' records.  The Steelers ended up winning the Super Bowl that year.

• Like 1

The key to having a great year we have to start it right against Rams and do well against AFC.  

I think it’s a crime this 3 in 13 days 2 on road with those road games being two if the hardest we have to face.   

I would be real happy with a 11-5 record. Though yes if the D comes together 14-2 is not a stretch.  

first guess losses.  Balt(physical game Mobile QB tired team).   SF - (they stop the run we cant stop their run game). Philly -  (we just have a bad game). 

other options.  Cincy - bad weather Dak not  good in bad weather.   Clev -  like the Jets game overconfident not ready

washington- always been close games but they haven’t held up new coach makes a difference rook QB gives them life 

No predictions or deep dive here.  The offense should be lights out.  I don't expect Zeke to utilize the Cabo off season training regimen so that's a plus.  I'm expecting Jarwin to really benefit from the drafting of Lamb.  Defenses will have to plan for our 3 WR's + Zeke.  Jarwin has a great chance to shine in this offense.

Special teams have a lot of work to do.  Fassel is one of the best ST coaches out there.  He will earn his money.  Return units, coverage units, and kicking all need to improve.  Competition at PK will be nice.

Defensively I don't think we will be a physically imposing or statically leading unit.  The key for me will be can they do something no Dallas unit has done in a long time namely force a lot of turnovers?  We are asking a lot of a relatively young secondary along with still to be reinstated journeymen, young players, and a 5th round pick to replace Quinn's production.  Nolan is a solid DC, and Tomsula is a great DL coach.  We are bigger and better at DT.  Dix is a solid addition at safety.  

The offense will carry us.  I'm not expecting a Steel Curtain D, but I think the defense will determine how far we go.  The offense will need some contribution from the other units.

Edited by Northland

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its Corona off season training 2020.... unfortunately its going to affect the entire team.

Every club is in the same boat re CV19 and how its going to affect training camp and pre season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Northland said:

Every club is in the same boat re CV19 and how its going to affect training camp and pre season. 

Not every team has an almost entirely new coaching staff and is replacing half their defense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Not every team has an almost entirely new coaching staff and is replacing half their defense. 

True but we are in the same boat in terms of any limitations CV19 will impose on workouts, mini camps, training camps, pre season and the regular season.  

Somehow I think Garrett, his staff, and regimen would be a bigger hinderance.

• Like 1

I don't remember if this has been posted yet so here goes:

The NFL’s Bird Gantlet is a thing the Cowboys will face this year. Can they emerge unscathed?

This year, the Dallas Cowboys will have a chance to do something that no NFL team has ever accomplished: run the Bird Gantlet by beating all five franchises that feature bird mascots in the same season.

No, seriously, this is a thing. A subreddit dedicated to the teams with bird mascots was created in 2012 and now has 7,500 members. Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian even mentioned the community as one of his favorites during an interview with Jimmy Kimmel in 2017.

Two teams have come close to completing the more-famous-than-you-would-expect Bird Gantlet. The first came in 2003, when the St. Louis Rams defeated the Arizona Cardinals (twice), Atlanta Falcons, Baltimore Ravens and Seattle Seahawks but lost in the playoffs before they had a chance to face the Eagles. In 2008, the New York Giants beat the Cardinals, Eagles, Ravens and Seahawks but didn’t face the Falcons in the regular season or the playoffs, despite both qualifying for the postseason that year.  

WEEK OPPONENT POINT SPREAD IMPLIED WIN PROBABILITY FOR DALLAS
2 vs. Falcons -7 75 percent
3 at Seahawks +2½ 46 percent
6 vs. Cardinals -6½ 72 percent
8 at Eagles +2½ 46 percent
13 at Ravens +7 25 percent
16 vs. Eagles -2 54 percent

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/05/12/nfls-bird-gauntlet-is-thing-cowboys-will-face-this-year-can-they-emerge-unscathed/?arc404=true

• 5 weeks later...