2020 Baltimore Ravens Schedule

Week 10 is a long ways away but right now I can't see a loss to New England. Their offense was bad and unraveling last year with Brady. Losing him and doiing nothing besides adding Marqise Lee and a couple of 3rd round reaches at TE isn't going to improve it. Scarnecchia retired again too so the OL will probably be in worse shape. That's not going to be a good team. 

11 minutes ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

I’m pretty surprised that so many are chalking up the Philadelphia game as a loss. I just don’t see it.

They just always seem to play us tough. I remember a few years ago with a rookie Wentz @ M&T in like week 15/16 we needed to win to keep our playoff hopes alive and the Eagles were playing for basically nothing, and it took them going for a 2 point conversion and not getting it for us to hold on and win a game we were pretty much outplayed for most of the game.

Also remember the Super Bowl year when we went to Philly and Fletcher Cox just absolutely dominated Yanda and Vick killed us all game with timely runs. I think - for me at least - it's a case of just not having seen us play well against and beat the Eagles very often haha. Only one I recall was the Reed record pick6 game (I was in that endzone B|)

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

1. Browns L

2. @Texans W

3. KC (MNF Primetime) L

4. @Redskins W

5. Bengals W

6. @Eagles W

7. Steelers L

8. BYE

9. @Indy W

10. @Patriots (SNF Primetime) W

11. Titans W

12. @Steelers (Thanksgiving) (TNF Primetime) W

13. Cowboys (TNF Primetime) L

14. @Browns (MNF Primetime) W

15. Jaguars W

16. Giants W

17. @Bengals L

11-5
How I see it going down. We don’t typically lose opening games, but the Browns have played us well these past couple seasons and seem to be intent on making this a rivalry. Baker definitely seems to get up for the game very much. So that along with the new coaching staff that we can’t really prepare for as much, while they will have loads of tendencies for us. I see a competitive game that ultimately we just seem to not win.

Chiefs game I see as a refs influenced game where we should win but in order to keep propping Mahomes up as the face of the league so that “passing QBs” reign supreme over “running QBs” we’ll see some influence by the refs that we once again can’t overcome.

Then the Steelers loss is just because it’s always a battle and with Big Ben and a healthy squad, I could see another slow start that leads to our demise. I could also see the team still gelling and trying to find its identity after it was so clear last season. 

After the bye I could see us building momentum after really devouring that incredibly tough stretch. The team will likely talk about how valuable it is. We also have some rookies that I expect to start really getting comfortable around that time of the season such as Queen, Harrison, and JK Dobbins. Without a Training camp and with such a complex defense it could be tough to get all the complexities of the defense down that cause some lapses in some of the earlier games. With Dobbins, I suspect that early in the season the offense will want to keep “the old guard” close and gradually get him involved such as with Justice Hill last season and similar with Ray Rice as a rookie. But I suspect after the bye the coaches will realize his talent will be a spark and thus his production will look similar to Nick Chubb’s rookie season.

Losing to the Cowboys I have only because I think we lose one of those games and at least one against the NFCE. I think that’s the best bet, they’re the most talented team and could be clicking at that point in the season. 

Lastly with the Bengals, I think after having a quality season with something like 6-9, they will put us on their radar as their Super Bowl effort, while we get caught nursing a few injuries to key veterans. They overtake us and give the media something to talk about with how “maybe the Ravens are overrated”...

Which sets us up to be humbled in the postseason and gets the players so dialed in for what will eventually lead to the first SB run of the Lamar Jackson era. The media will excuse it all as the COVID19 season that made everything wonky... and use that as a means to lower the accomplishment.

I really don’t see a loss. I’m sure we will lose a game or two because everyone always does. But there’s no reason we shouldn’t beat any of these teams. We got better and the only team I see on our level is KC.

And if we get Clowney I will predict 16-0. Maybe even Antonio Brown.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

I really don’t see a loss. I’m sure we will lose a game or two because everyone always does. But there’s no reason we shouldn’t beat any of these teams. We got better and the only team I see on our level is KC.

And if we get Clowney I will predict 16-0. Maybe even Antonio Brown.

True. We did get better, but I feel like our division also got better. They have Big Ben and not Duck Hodges/Rudolph. The Bengals will have Joe Burrow and AJ Green back, both upgrading their capability (though the coach is probably still a lame duck so we’ll see). Browns definitely upgrade with getting rid of Kitchens and they have an incredibly talented roster that if utilized well could lead to a definite leap.

Same can be said with some teams in the NFC East. Eagles had a TON of injuries last season with a likelier more healthy unit they could pose concerns. JG off the Cowboys could be a boon to them. Redskins with a greatly improved defense could be a very dangerous squad.

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

True. We did get better, but I feel like our division also got better. They have Big Ben and not Duck Hodges/Rudolph. The Bengals will have Joe Burrow and AJ Green back, both upgrading their capability (though the coach is probably still a lame duck so we’ll see). Browns definitely upgrade with getting rid of Kitchens and they have an incredibly talented roster that if utilized well could lead to a definite leap.

Same can be said with some teams in the NFC East. Eagles had a TON of injuries last season with a likelier more healthy unit they could pose concerns. JG off the Cowboys could be a boon to them. Redskins with a greatly improved defense could be a very dangerous squad.

That's what everyone said when Kitchens was elevated to permanent HC last offseason.

I'm not saying you're "wrong" (can a prediction be wrong at this stage?), but I think you're heavily weighing toward most optimistic cases for all of our opponents. I get not wanting to be arrogant or set yourself up for disappointment, but I seriously doubt everything is going to go right for all of our opponents.

Another tidbit: 

While we don’t face an opponent coming off a bye week, we play three teams (HOU, TEN, @CLE) following their Thursday night games, essentially giving them a mini-bye.

I would have rather just had a team coming off a bye than playing the most games against teams with mini byes smh

Edited by Ray Reed

I think Patriots are going to tank. I think they’re going to be embarrassingly bad and America is going to love it and then about a month in we’re all going to realize they’re going to get Trevor Lawrence and we’re going to start this all over again. And I think it’s going to be blatant(Belichick fashion) and everyone will be in an uproar.

2 hours ago, sp6488 said:

That's what everyone said when Kitchens was elevated to permanent HC last offseason.

I'm not saying you're "wrong" (can a prediction be wrong at this stage?), but I think you're heavily weighing toward most optimistic cases for all of our opponents. I get not wanting to be arrogant or set yourself up for disappointment, but I seriously doubt everything is going to go right for all of our opponents.

How the tables have changed...

Last offseason when I predicted that we would go 12-4/13-3 while everyone else was at 9-7, I was called way too optimistic. 😂

Hopefully that doesn’t sound arrogant, I just legit find it funny that I’m constantly on the wrong side of the enthusiasm train. 😂

But anyways, that was said last season... by Browns fans and some other fans on this board. Not by me. I predicted the Browns would finish last season 3rd place in the division and they did. I just didn’t anticipate Big Ben going down... which had he not, I think the scope may have been a little bit different.

I think we forget that while 14-2 is indeed impressive and it adds up to a great number, all the games happen in a vacuum. The Steelers were able to field a competitive team with Mason Rudolph and Duck Hodges, what happens when you give them back a franchise QB? They’re a strong franchise that I won’t bet against... unless Ben is no longer Ben.

With the Browns enough people, including me, had my reservations about a first year coach that had no previous experience in many of the duties he would be placed within. You can argue the same with their now rookie HC sure. But there’s a stark difference. Kevin Stefanski isn’t some bumbling idiot; he graduated from an Ivy League and then immediately became the assistant to the HC for Brad Childress (Andy Reid coaching tree) and so he’s spent time around scheduling and prepping and understanding how to run a team. Then he moved on to coach every skill position on the team until he got entrusted with the QB and then became offensive coordinator... doing this while surviving two new HC incursions by way of Leslie Frazier and Mike Zimmer. Then getting to spend time with Gary Kubiak.

That and the Browns new GM is also checking all the boxes. This isn’t the same joke fest that was the Freddie Kitchens hire which was best explained with “Baker is the man and Baker likes him” type of judgment from some Browns flavored kool aid (must be an awkward taste if it’s Brown lol).

The only HC I come away not being a believer in is the Bengals HC. Feel like he’s a lame duck. But even then, I’m sure he can’t do worse than last season, he’s got to do something with that squad.

So the AFCN being a powerhouse division doesn’t seem very unlikely to me. The only take I’m going back and forth on is whether the Bengals can actually beat us. I think not, but for our playoff hopes I kind of hope they are able to do it and humble the squad for their next run.

But yeah I see a squad that goes 11-5/12-4. That’s a really good record to have IMO. That said going 14-2 or even 13-3 is VERY hard to do and I just think losing Yanda and some of his leadership, plus losing some of that incredibly vibrant energy that we had last season which was cultivated by Lamar and then reverberated with the fans and Ingram... that’s the kind of energy that you can’t capture and put into a bottle. We saw in 2011 how we went from what felt like a destiny team that offseason and throughout the year to losing wide left. Then in 2012 things didn’t seem to go quite as right to start but things coalesced in the end. We’re a more talented team than 2012 for sure, but I think the concept still remains mostly the same for what we might expect this season IMO.