Broncos 2020 Schedule

BroncoBruin

Klis with the scoop 30 minutes before the official announcement. 

https://www.9news.com/mobile/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/broncos-open-2020-schedule-at-home-vs-titans/73-0e8efe9e-e428-42de-99a0-2adc38caf84c

1: Titans (MNF)
2: @ Steelers
3: Buccaneers
4: @ Jets (TNF)
5: @ Patriots
6: Dolphins
7: Chiefs
8: BYE
9: @ Falcons
10: @ Raiders
11: Chargers
12: Saints
13: @ Chiefs (SNF)
14: @ Panthers
15: Bills
16: @ Chargers
17: Raiders 

Edited by BroncoBruin

My god that is a brutal start.

Titans, Steelers with Ben back, Brady’s Bucs and then back to back East Coast road trips? Ouch. 

The bye is at the percent time, we don’t have to go halfway around the world for that stupid London game (no offense, George) and we end the year with three of four very winnable games. 

Given that we’re a very young team and are going to be counting on at least 4 rookies - Jeudy, Hamler, Cushenberry and Ojemudia - to play major roles, I’d rather have the tougher part early as it helps us grow up more quickly and then be better prepared for a late season run against lesser competition. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

My god that is a brutal start.

Titans, Steelers with Ben back, Brady’s Bucs and then back to back East Coast road trips? Ouch. 

The bye is at the percent time, we don’t have to go halfway around the world for that stupid London game (no offense, George) and we end the year with three of four very winnable games. 

Given that we’re a very young team and are going to be counting on at least 4 rookies - Jeudy, Hamler, Cushenberry and Ojemudia - to play major roles, I’d rather have the tougher part early as it helps us grow up more quickly and then be better prepared for a late season run against lesser competition. 

I do wish that first road game were a little easier but I think the Titans and Bucs are very beatable. Tennessee I expect to see some regression from and getting Tampa early is probably a blessing as I don’t see Brady and Arians being on the same page for a while, much like our own offense probably not being fully in sync until November. Back to back East Coast after that definitely sucks, at least you can’t immediately write off that Foxboro game as an L anymore. 

I like the set-up going into that home game vs. KC. Coming off a home game they really should win vs. Miami, with a bye on the other side. Team should be feeling confident and be able to empty the tank. They really need to avenge that putrid Thursday night game last year, that was the one performance last year I found totally unacceptable. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

22 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm happy about 3 prime time games lol

Well, the week one MNF undercard barely counts as a “prime time” game. It is technically but truthfully there’s only 7 teams who are legit hosts for that game. The NFL is going the Titans pretty dirty in that one making them play a game that kicks off at 10:30pm EST. 

21 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Well, the week one MNF undercard barely counts as a “prime time” game. It is technically but truthfully there’s only 7 teams who are legit hosts for that game. The NFL is going the Titans pretty dirty in that one making them play a game that kicks off at 10:30pm EST. 

We’re the Titans we’re use to it atleast they didn’t make us play Jacksonville on Thursday night again lol

Joe Ellis can’t be happy with this schedule. The week one MNF undercard is hardly a marquee spot, week 4 TNF against the Jets is not a must-see game on a national level. And the one SNF game is on the road against the champs, a game where we are likely to get embarrassed. 

Beyond that, only two games - week 3 vs Tampa on Fox and week 7 vs KC on CBS -  are in the national window (2:25pm) time-slot. While it’s possible Fox opts to show Brady’s return to Denver, odds are their “America’s Game of the Week” will be Dallas at Seattle because, well, let’s face it, it’s Fox we’re talking about. Vs KC in week 7 is also in the national window timeslot but, I’d wager Nantz/Romo are (once again) in familiar Foxboro for Pats/Niners. 

That’s two “who cares” prime time games plus one where we’re likely to get destroyed. And it looks iffy at best we get any of our Sunday afternoon games nationally broadcast. 

Empower Financial, or whatever they’re called until they go bankrupt in a couple years, are probably happy they’re also sponsoring the Chiefs. 

It also shows how inconsequential Ellis is viewed by the other owners. No way, even after a few bad years, would we would get such a bad TV schedule when Mr. B was in charge. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Joe Ellis can’t be happy with this schedule. The week one MNF undercard is hardly a marquee spot, week 4 TNF against the Jets is not a must-see game on a national level. And the one SNF game is on the road against the champs, a game where we are likely to get embarrassed. 

Beyond that, only two games - week 3 vs Tampa on Fox and week 7 vs KC on CBS -  are in the national window (2:25pm) time-slot. While it’s possible Fox opts to show Brady’s return to Denver, odds are their “America’s Game of the Week” will be Dallas at Seattle because, well, let’s face it, it’s Fox we’re talking about. Vs KC in week 7 is also in the national window timeslot but, I’d wager Nantz/Romo are (once again) in familiar Foxboro for Pats/Niners. 

That’s two “who cares” prime time games plus one where we’re likely to get destroyed. And it looks iffy at best we get any of our Sunday afternoon games nationally broadcast. 

Empower Financial, or whatever they’re called until they go bankrupt in a couple years, are probably happy they’re also sponsoring the Chiefs. 

It also shows how inconsequential Ellis is viewed by the other owners. No way, even after a few bad years, would we would get such a bad TV schedule when Mr. B was in charge. 

To be fair with our team’s play the last 3 years we’re lucky to get 3 prime time games TBH.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3