Broncos 2020 Schedule

BroncoBruin

19 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair with our team’s play the last 3 years we’re lucky to get 3 prime time games TBH.  

As I said, TNF against the Jets very early on (which are the NFLN-only games, not simulcast on Fox/Amazon Prime) and the MNF week one undercard barely count as prime time games. 

We’re in agreement overall. 

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair with our team’s play the last 3 years we’re lucky to get 3 prime time games TBH.  

Agreed. Dan- not sure what we can realistically complain about or Ellis could expect. Denver just got off another losing season, and hasn't been in the playoffs since the SB win. That we have 3 primetime games says more to me than anything, personally. 

I personally don't find the schedule to be too awful, mainly because I think some of the teams won't be as good as advertised, but you never know. The Titans are one of those teams. I am happy to have that game to start the season. @PIT is tough on a short week. The TB game I can go either way with. Brady is historically bad in Denver, and TB ain't NE.

Back half of the schedule is also very favorable and the bye comes at a nice time.

On a personal note, I love the schedule. A lot of games I can reasonably go to on the East Coast- NYJ, NE, PIT are all within 5 hours of me driving. CAR I am going to with a buddy, and probably going to try and hit the Saints game in DEN or the Raiders game in LV for my birthday.

The bummer for me is the London game. Wife asked me out of the blue if I wanted to go over to London for the game and obviously that was a yes. Could have met up with George. Guess it will have to wait for next year.

• Like 1

Still pains me looking at this, as I was nailed on for box tickets for our London game. My sister is Head of HR for the steel company that built Tottenham's stadium and had already sorted it with her bosses 😭😭😭

I prefer less primetime games as I can't watch them live due to the fact they start at 1.30am over here.

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

The bummer for me is the London game. Wife asked me out of the blue if I wanted to go over to London for the game and obviously that was a yes. Could have met up with George. Guess it will have to wait for next year.

36 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Still pains me looking at this, as I was nailed on for box tickets for our London game. My sister is Head of HR for the steel company that built Tottenham's stadium and had already sorted it with her bosses 😭😭😭

I hate this virus for so many reasons. This is one of them, even if it’s rather inconsequential in the grand scheme of everything. (Although my wife’s been talking about a UK trip in the fall of 2021 for our 10th anniversary, so if this thing gets pushed back a year...👀

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

I hate this virus for so many reasons. This is one of them, even if it’s rather inconsequential in the grand scheme of everything. (Although my wife’s been talking about a UK trip in the fall of 2021 for our 10th anniversary, so if this thing gets pushed back a year...👀

when the broncos play in london might need to schedule an internet friends trip 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Catching a whole bunch of teams off their byes it would seem. Oh and hey, guess who gets the biggest advantage 🙄

Looking through this a little more in-depth, ugh. Week 7 at home to KC, maybe a chance for a statement win before the bye! Well, KC plays TNF the week before, so they get the extra long week to prep. Week 11, at home to LAC, probably a game that will have playoff implications: Chargers coming off the bye. Week 14, coming off what will probably be losses to NO and KC, we’ve got a winnable game in CAR: Panthers coming off the bye. Week 16 at LAC, probably crunch time for both teams, gotta get that W: LAC plays TNF the week before. 

Three divisional games with significantly fewer rest days than the opponent is BRUTAL. Like, we’re not even just talking the short week after MNF, this is after byes and TNF. Schedule makers did us zero favours here. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Oh that would be reeeeeeally fun 👀