AJ Green

Johnny Nix

From all the reports And the video of him on Bengals.com, it doesn’t sound like AJ plans to skip training camp for a new deal. Sounds like he is trying to schedule a get together to throw with Burrow and the new receivers which is great to see. He had a lot of positive things to say about both Burrow and Higgins. 

• Like 3

It kind of makes sense really.  If he doesn't mesh with Burrow and Burrow develops that trust with Higgins, Tate, Boyd, Ross, etc... without AJ there, it could hurt his numbers, which AJ will desperately need after being hurt the last 24 games.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

It kind of makes sense really.  If he doesn't mesh with Burrow and Burrow develops that trust with Higgins, Tate, Boyd, Ross, etc... without AJ there, it could hurt his numbers, which AJ will desperately need after being hurt the last 24 games.

I doubt that's his motivation. He's a pro, and would show up regardless to be the best AJ he can be. The other stuff is a nice secondary motivation only. 

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I pray we hang onto Auden Tate, but he’s technically WR5 at this point, I could see him being inactive unless there are injuries. Those final spots are usually special teams. 

Why wouldn't we?  He's got two years left on a rookie deal

53 minutes ago, theJ said:

Yeah they're not going to cut him. But being the 5th receiver not playing STs, it does make it tricky to keep him active. 

They might keep 7 on the 53.  The last two CBs will strictly be special teams guys.  It boggles my mind that some think we HAVE to keep a WR active for teams.  Erickson can do that.  Tate isn't going to be inactive unless he's dinged

20 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

They might keep 7 on the 53.  The last two CBs will strictly be special teams guys.  It boggles my mind that some think we HAVE to keep a WR active for teams.  Erickson can do that.  Tate isn't going to be inactive unless he's dinged

It's just unusual that only one of them does play teams. 

When Tate was active last year, it was normally as the #3.