AJ Green

Johnny Nix

I feel like a nice season for Tate would be 400 yards, 3-5 TD's.  With four targets in front of him, plus whatever you get from Mixon, Sample, Uzomah, etc...it's hard to expect he'll see the field a ton.

Meanwhile i expect Boyd to lead the room in snaps, and likely see another 120-140 targets.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

AJ signed his FA tender today so he won't be holding out of camp or preseason.

I kind of thought that "news" article was overblown.  I didn't see any chance he would hold out, and didn't think the Bengals were going to rescind the tag.

Good to put that one to bed.  Smart for AJ to go ahead and sign.

I was really pleased with how AJ and the team presented the signing. Bengals showed one of their all time greats respect and AJ being an adult and understanding why the long term didn't happen,  while both saying they want it to happen.  It's all so adult. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, theJ said:

Man, whatever money there Bengals offered green, he should have took. 

He's going to rebound, probably. But he's not getting some huge contact this off season. That's for sure. 

What's even worse is how much we are force feeding him targets and he isn't getting separation or making plays.  There was at least one play yesterday where he didn't even look for the ball coming and he would have had a shot because Burrow put it right on the money.  Use the Green money on a RT or the top OG on the market next year if they think they can fill RT in the draft.  Speed WR in round 2, as we are set for the near future with short to mid range guys in Boyd and Higgins.  Not that they can't go deep, but they aren't that threat you have to keep the safeties back for either just in case.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

What's even worse is how much we are force feeding him targets and he isn't getting separation or making plays.  There was at least one play yesterday where he didn't even look for the ball coming and he would have had a shot because Burrow put it right on the money.  Use the Green money on a RT or the top OG on the market next year if they think they can fill RT in the draft.  Speed WR in round 2, as we are set for the near future with short to mid range guys in Boyd and Higgins.  Not that they can't go deep, but they aren't that threat you have to keep the safeties back for either just in case.

Yeah i agree.  It will make me sad to see AJ go, but unless he drastically turns around his season, they just can't pay him.  And honestly i'm not sure who will at this pace.  It's bad.

23 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

No they’ll hold on to him until he becomes vocal 

I just wonder if he's going to be healthy enough to play again this year.  It's been what?  7-8 weeks since that hamstring injury?  And it obviously never got better, and now he's reaggravated it.  I just don't think he's going to be healthy enough to play again this year.