Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Johnny Nix

AJ Green

Recommended Posts

I feel like a nice season for Tate would be 400 yards, 3-5 TD's.  With four targets in front of him, plus whatever you get from Mixon, Sample, Uzomah, etc...it's hard to expect he'll see the field a ton.

Meanwhile i expect Boyd to lead the room in snaps, and likely see another 120-140 targets.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I moved Ross to RB and Tate to TE in Madden so I could have them all on the field at the same time. Pretty unstoppable offense 

Edited by johndeere1707
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AJ signed his FA tender today so he won't be holding out of camp or preseason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sparky151 said:

AJ signed his FA tender today so he won't be holding out of camp or preseason.

I kind of thought that "news" article was overblown.  I didn't see any chance he would hold out, and didn't think the Bengals were going to rescind the tag.

Good to put that one to bed.  Smart for AJ to go ahead and sign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could have watched the Leveon Bell situation and conclude that turning down $18 million for one year would be a good idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/18/2020 at 11:30 PM, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, I don't know how anyone could have watched the Leveon Bell situation and conclude that turning down $18 million for one year would be a good idea. 

Or a bigger failure, Melvin Gordon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really pleased with how AJ and the team presented the signing. Bengals showed one of their all time greats respect and AJ being an adult and understanding why the long term didn't happen,  while both saying they want it to happen.  It's all so adult. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man, whatever money there Bengals offered green, he should have took. 

He's going to rebound, probably. But he's not getting some huge contact this off season. That's for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, theJ said:

Man, whatever money there Bengals offered green, he should have took. 

He's going to rebound, probably. But he's not getting some huge contact this off season. That's for sure. 

What's even worse is how much we are force feeding him targets and he isn't getting separation or making plays.  There was at least one play yesterday where he didn't even look for the ball coming and he would have had a shot because Burrow put it right on the money.  Use the Green money on a RT or the top OG on the market next year if they think they can fill RT in the draft.  Speed WR in round 2, as we are set for the near future with short to mid range guys in Boyd and Higgins.  Not that they can't go deep, but they aren't that threat you have to keep the safeties back for either just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

What's even worse is how much we are force feeding him targets and he isn't getting separation or making plays.  There was at least one play yesterday where he didn't even look for the ball coming and he would have had a shot because Burrow put it right on the money.  Use the Green money on a RT or the top OG on the market next year if they think they can fill RT in the draft.  Speed WR in round 2, as we are set for the near future with short to mid range guys in Boyd and Higgins.  Not that they can't go deep, but they aren't that threat you have to keep the safeties back for either just in case.

Yeah i agree.  It will make me sad to see AJ go, but unless he drastically turns around his season, they just can't pay him.  And honestly i'm not sure who will at this pace.  It's bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Green has been really tough to watch. His legs are gone. 

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Franchise tagged player struggle so much. Sad to see a legend fade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last we've seen of AJ Green in Bengals stripes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, theJ said:

Last we've seen of AJ Green in Bengals stripes?

No they’ll hold on to him until he becomes vocal 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

No they’ll hold on to him until he becomes vocal 

I just wonder if he's going to be healthy enough to play again this year.  It's been what?  7-8 weeks since that hamstring injury?  And it obviously never got better, and now he's reaggravated it.  I just don't think he's going to be healthy enough to play again this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...