Injuries during a shortened offseason

Johnny Nix

I don’t have the numbers in front of me, but it would make sense for the number of injuries to drop dramatically with a shortened offseason. I need to go back and look at what the lockout season looked like for injuries. 

That being said, if there are less practices but the season starts on time, does that correlate to more in game injuries due to less “conditioning” prior to? 

It would be awesome to have a week 1 where every team is at full strength health wise. 

I expect the opposite to be true. Last time the league had a curtailed offseason was 2012 and there was a major spike in early-season injuries that year because guys didn't have the same level of conditioning that they did in other years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starless said:

I expect the opposite to be true. Last time the league had a curtailed offseason was 2012 and there was a major spike in early-season injuries that year because guys didn't have the same level of conditioning that they did in other years. 

Do you remember when the injuries happened?