2020 Schedule Announced

Personally looking forward to the Bengals game as it’s less than an hour from my house.  Wish it was later in the season though, free Bengals tickets are easy to come by when they’re out of it,  They’ll pack it early though to get a look at Burrow.  Trying to get to Tampa Bay too as part of a vacation in week 4.  

The schedule itself isn’t too bad though from a W/L perspective (or shouldn’t be).  AFC East doesn’t look too good and we drew Cincinnati and Jax from last year.  NFC South is gonna be tough, would have liked to have New Orleans at home but we got the Falcons outside, so that’s good. All in all, it’s a potentially manageable schedule. I think this season is either gonna be like 10-6 or Tyrod and and Herbert lay an egg and we go 3-13

I didn’t even write this. I don’t think we are first pick overall bad but another 5-11 season is completely realistic to me. If we have a yet another ChargIRs season though that first pick is pretty likely. We no longer have the pinnacle of health and stability at QB. Herbert might see the field sooner then later just because Tyrod’s health begins our world beater offensive line. 

3 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I didn’t even write this. I don’t think we are first pick overall bad but another 5-11 season is completely realistic to me. If we have a yet another ChargIRs season though that first pick is pretty likely. We no longer have the pinnacle of health and stability at QB. Herbert might see the field sooner then later just because Tyrod’s health begins our world beater offensive line. 

I find it hard to think our defense doesn't carry us to at least a 7 win season.  Probably the best combination of secondary and pass rush in the NFL, MUCH improved run defense with Linval and Murray.  As long as Derwin/Bosa stay mostly healthy, we have the depth to weather pretty much any other injury. The offense at the very least, should have a solid run game, and a decent short passing game, if nothing else just off the back of KA, Ekeler and Henry. People have long underestimated Feeney and then this year they're all of the sudden going to say "CAMPEN FIXED FEENEY" when he's been good for the last 1.5 years. The only spot up in the air is LT, but Pipkins shows a lot of promise and could be a good candidate for a guy who is going to surprise, though I could see Peters being a legit option. 

If Tyrod is exactly what he was in Buffalo, we're at least a team that goes over 500 IMO, if not 10+ wins.  I think the other thing, is that we're going to get a lot of wins early in the season because of the massive overhaul that our offense is going to go through.  I think there's so many things that a team needs to prepare for, that they're going to have some issues defending us until they have some film on us. But i'm worried about how well the offense is going to push on later in the season. Ultimately this team is going to live and die on just how good the defense and OL ends up being. If we can avoid some injury issues, then this team can play the game very similarly to the 49ers did when they were winning with Kaep.