Hollywood Brown 2020 Outlook

Ray Reed

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890339-how-hollywood-is-going-to-change-the-nfl

Wanted to post this article about Hollywood Brown - it’s a really good/in depth look at him last year, this offseason, and his expectations for himself going into next year. Definitely worth the longer read for any Ravens fan.

All of that being said - I think Hollywood may be my favorite player on the team, as crazy as that sounds with all the likable players we have and the league MVP. If he stays healthy the entire year, I can really see him putting up maybe the best season for a Ravens WR this millennium. Guy is the total package with route running/hands/tracking ability - he just happens to have all of that in a 4.2 body.

Was also interesting to see that he played at 157 pounds last year...holy crap. Said in the article that he wants to play at 170-175 this year.

Prediction for Hollywood this year:

72 receptions, 1252 yards, 17.4 avg, 11 TDs

Edited by Ray Reed
  • Like 2

I think some of us contemplated his weight during training camp/season and that he seemed lower than usual. I think some of the discussion was about him not being able to lift heavy and work his legs because of that foot injury.

I would predict Hollywood Brown to be somewhere in between 900-1300 yds. Will depend on how the other receivers step up or not IMO. If they don’t, he will shoulder the load, but if they do he will still do damage. I think it’ll be a huge deal from Lamar that he wants to get him to 1000 yds... my only concern will be injuries and how durable Hollywood can be on the season. So if he has some durability hiccups and the other receivers step up I see 900 yds, but if he’s fully healthy and they don’t he’ll be in that 1300 yds range.

dude's going to be a super star in the NFL. 1500+ no doubt. Fully healthy he will be what every KC fan envisions Hill to be. 

Lightning in a bottle with premier hands and a will to be the best version of himself, plus an uncalled-for relationship with his QB? 

Joe Haden is going to look like Grand Pa.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

I’m sure he’ll be a fantasy draft steal for many. I prefer auction drafts over snake drafts and while I’m sure I won’t have a shot at Lamar this year (last year I spent like $3 on him), Brown could prove this season to be an equally valuable steal that makes a team win in the end.