Saints release G Larry Warford

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think it’s more like teams don’t want to pay a guard 8M+ When they know he’s gonna got cut and they can sign him for less 

Teams almost always give up a 7th to secure a guy they want in a situation like this. I think it’s telling no one offered anything for him.

50 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Teams almost always give up a 7th to secure a guy they want in a situation like this. I think it’s telling no one offered anything for him.

so you think hes going to take a while to sign or he'll have to take the vet minimum? If not, what are you saying?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

so you think hes going to take a while to sign or he'll have to take the vet minimum? If not, what are you saying?

I’m saying he’s not that good anymore. He’ll get signed quickly I’m sure, teams have terrible OL but if he was still a good OG a team would’ve given up a 7th to guarantee they got him.

Just now, MookieMonstah said:

I’m saying he’s not that good anymore. He’ll get signed quickly I’m sure, teams have terrible OL but if he was still a good OG a team would’ve given up a 7th to guarantee they got him.

I figured your reply would lack common sense. Teams dont want him bad enough because they wouldnt give up a 7th but he'll sign quickly because... teams will want him?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

This has already been addressed.

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I figured your reply would lack common sense. Teams dont want him bad enough because they wouldnt give up a 7th but he'll sign quickly because... teams will want him?

“I figured your reply would lack common sense”

*fails to grasp basic logic*

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

This has already been addressed.

Yep, not to mention the countless other times we’ve seen a player everyone knew was getting cut get traded for a late round pick instead. 

3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Better hope for no injuries 

We still have backups. Nick Easton looked serviceable and started games for us last year... he will be the primary reserve to all 3 interior spots

you can say “better hope for no injuries” but the Saints still have one of the best lines in the league.

So the Saints better keep their fingers crossed just as much as anyone else I guess?

Edited by Dome
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Why would you figure that? You’re an angry elf. 

He will sign because plenty of teams start terrible OG (Houston/Chicago) but teams clearly don’t think his level of play on that contract warranted giving up a pick. We’ve seen plenty of teams give up a 7th for a player who was going to get cut because they wanted to make sure he ended up with them and didn’t sign elsewhere.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Why would you figure that? You’re an angry elf. 

He will sign because plenty of teams start terrible OG (Houston/Chicago) but teams clearly don’t think his level of play on that contract warranted giving up a pick. We’ve seen plenty of teams give up a 7th for a player who was going to get cut because they wanted to make sure he ended up with them and didn’t sign elsewhere.

cause if your signifcant history of that?

and weve seen plenty of guys cut who get snatched up in hours. take desmond trufant, at least an above average corner and potententionally a well above average one. he was cut and not traded, but hes still a good player. and was signed quickly. theres plenty of other examples as well. but because he didnt go for a 7th he must suck in your eyes, right?

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

cause if your signifcant history of that?

and weve seen plenty of guys cut who get snatched up in hours. take desmond trufant, at least an above average corner and potententionally a well above average one. he was cut and not traded, but hes still a good player. and was signed quickly. theres plenty of other examples as well. but because he didnt go for a 7th he must suck in your eyes, right?

Significant history? I think I’ve had like two interactions with you on this site. Both of which unpleasant. I think maybe I’m not the issue. 

It’s okay to discuss sports and not get angry bud. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Significant history? I think I’ve had like two interactions with you on this site. Both of which unpleasant. I think maybe I’m not the issue. 

It’s okay to discuss sports and not get angry bud. 

am i angry? are you at new realm brewing with me right now where you can see my face. If so, come over and Ill glad say hi. If not, then please let me know why you would think im angry? Is it cause i called a spade a spade?

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

am i angry? are you at new realm brewing with me right now where you can see my face. If so, come over and Ill glad say hi. If not, then please let me know why you would think im angry? Is it cause i called a spade a spade?

It could be the aggression you post with on a sports message board. That might be it.

You came at me, usually when people do that it’s because they’re frustrated/angry. Maybe you just enjoy confrontation.