Saints release G Larry Warford

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

They only extended Peat because they knew that they couldn’t lose both OGs this year without interfering with continuity. The Saints had every intention of either trading or cutting Warford this offseason. He came into the season out of shape and Sean Payton simply doesn’t put up with that. McCoy was a stud last year but struggled at times with the calls and line adjustments. That’s Ruiz’s forte. McCoy will move to RG, Ruiz will start at center, and the Saints will continue to have a top OL. We’ve seen this story over and over again. The Saints know what they are doing on the OL. 

I'm just waiting patiently to see how dominant the right side of our OL is this season.  Ramzy was already the best RT in the NFL and with McCoys ability, though weight/strength might be a concern, if that isn't a problem they'll be the best right side in the NFL by far as his technique is already elite.

9 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

They only extended Peat because they knew that they couldn’t lose both OGs this year without interfering with continuity. The Saints had every intention of either trading or cutting Warford this offseason. He came into the season out of shape and Sean Payton simply doesn’t put up with that. McCoy was a stud last year but struggled at times with the calls and line adjustments. That’s Ruiz’s forte. McCoy will move to RG, Ruiz will start at center, and the Saints will continue to have a top OL. We’ve seen this story over and over again. The Saints know what they are doing on the OL. 

I understand all of that. I just think Peat is mediocre. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

on an unrelated note what's going on with jason peters?

He's still debating whether he wants to return to the Eagles as a back up (FO plan all along) IMO  or retire. He still wants to start, make $10M plus but that's not in the Eagles plan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug* you showed your hand when you drafted a C in the first. 

Should’ve called BOB just before the pick...

“We’ll give you a guy coming off 3 pro bowls and Latavius Murray for Watson.... 10 seconds or I hang up“ then start an audible beep in the background like you hear on a timed bomb 

like 95% sure it works

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Raves said:

That honestly would've been the best trade in the past year that the Texans would've made if it happened....

...and then the Saints would FINALLY have a QB who didn't throw INTs at critical moments in the 4th quarter of a playoff games. The Saints would FINALLY make the Super Bowl!*

* Assuming there are no PIs.

* Or botched coverages with no time remaining.

(I'm going full heel, just go with it...)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

...and then the Saints would FINALLY have a QB who didn't throw INTs at critical moments in the 4th quarter of a playoff games. The Saints would FINALLY make the Super Bowl!*

* Assuming there are no PIs.

* Or botched coverages with no time remaining.

(I'm going full heel, just go with it...)

Saints won a Super Bowl.. what has Houston done again.. .in either of it's interations?  

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

Saints won a Super Bowl.. what has Houston done again.. .in either of it's interations?  

Really? Wow, I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know that. Seems like a few years ago you were wearing paper bags over your heads...

Have fun post Drew. Because we all know replacing a QB is easy, right?

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Really? Wow, I didn't know that, thanks for letting me know that. Seems like a few years ago you were wearing paper bags over your heads...

Have fun post Drew. Because we all know replacing a QB is easy, right?

It's not, but let's be honest with what is available for the Saints compared to other QB changes.  There is an elite WR, elite OL, very good defense, and an elite weapon at RB/WR/returner.  Those make the ability to perform well with a mediocre QB very likely.  The QB doesn't even need to be a HOF/Top 5 of all time QB to come in and win, proven by Bridgewater, they just need to be well versed in the system and have enough talent.  Now if we were talking about the Pats replacing an arguably GOAT QB, though past his prime and ability, with Stidham type production, gotta remember that at a minimum Garoppolo had decent hype, there is gonna be a fall-off.  The Saints have either found adequate back-ups or they've been ran out.  So either the Saitns are confident in a QB that will at least not lose them teh games, Bridgewater, or can the QB of the future.

Just now, Raves said:

It's not, but let's be honest with what is available for the Saints compared to other QB changes.  There is an elite WR, elite OL, very good defense, and an elite weapon at RB/WR/returner.  Those make the ability to perform well with a mediocre QB very likely.  The QB doesn't even need to be a HOF/Top 5 of all time QB to come in and win, proven by Bridgewater, they just need to be well versed in the system and have enough talent.  Now if we were talking about the Pats replacing an arguably GOAT QB, though past his prime and ability, with Stidham type production, gotta remember that at a minimum Garoppolo had decent hype, there is gonna be a fall-off.  The Saints have either found adequate back-ups or they've been ran out.  So either the Saitns are confident in a QB that will at least not lose them teh games, Bridgewater, or can the QB of the future.

I think you're thinking very optimistically about it. I also think you're underplaying Bridgewater, who would have still been an NFL starter had his knee not went out. 

Plug and play makes sense on paper, but we have many examples of this failing.

• Like 2