HYPOTHETICALLY IF... cowboys Rescinded Franchise Tag

The_Slamman

13 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

I would say the offensive and defensive lines are more important. You saw what life was like without Tyron. What was it? 5 or 6 sacks to ONE player. I dont trust Dak to make a quick read and get rid of the ball fast if his life depended on it. Last year you saw what happened when the dline wasnt holding their man and the opposing oline was running wild in the 2nd level. I'd even say Zeke is more valuable than Dak. But that's just me and my wrong opinion 

Damn right it is. This opinion is the equivalent of saying having a great left fielder is better than having a great shortstop. Having a great 6th man is more important than a great point guard.  

5 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dalton and the Bengals beat those Jets. I'm just saying

Must have better supporting cast and coaching than the Cowboys. Maybe we should fire our players. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is nothing more that I hate than when you of all people make terrible comments. You know damn well thats not how foorball works. 

Matts, you don’t get it.  You get caught up in one stat... passing efficiency.  Great defense and controlling the offensive LOS is always a winning formula.  ALWAYS!  You want to have passing efficiency... give the other QB less than 2 seconds to throw the ball while forcing the other team to stack the box to stop your run game.  Passing lanes get real big when an offense can run the ball.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

Matts, you don’t get it.  You get caught up in one stat... passing efficiency.  Great defense and controlling the offensive LOS is always a winning formula.  ALWAYS!  You want to have passing efficiency... give the other QB less than 2 seconds to throw the ball while forcing the other team to stack the box to stop your run game.  Passing lanes get real big when an offense can run the ball.  

This is a strawman, try again. 

I have always said its your QBs passing efficiency VS the other teams passing efficiency. 

The goal is to enhance your team and make the other teams worse.

4 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Great defense = Great starting field position = Short fields for YOUR offense

Controlling the Offensive LOS = Controlling the clock and controlling down and distance by running the ball

ALWAYS

I'm sure there's a graph Matts will show us that proves otherwise

Edited by TheGame316
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn right it is. This opinion is the equivalent of saying having a great left fielder is better than having a great shortstop. Having a great 6th man is more important than a great point guard.  

Must have better supporting cast and coaching than the Cowboys. Maybe we should fire our players. 

Having a great 6th man sometimes is better than having a good or great starting PG. I'll give you some examples. Spurs 6th man was Manu Ginobili whom was better than their starting PG Tony Parker. Lamar Odom Lakers 6th man was better than Derek Fisher. Miami Heat, Ray Allen was their 6th man which he was light years better than their starting PG in Mario Chalmers. Clippers, Lou William's is better than their starting PG Beverly. Guess what 3 of those 4 recent teams have won the NBA title. 

I'd rather take a great left fielder (Barry Bonds) over a great shortstop. I cant even name you the shortstops who played with Bonds. 

• Like 2

There is no evidence that Zeke is demonstrably above average RB in any specific skill besides blocking and staying healthy. The Cowboys just told us that he's the best by drafting him highly, giving him the ball constantly, making him the highest paid player at his positions, and selling a bunch of jerseys.

I don't know how anyone can watch him side by side with CMC, Cook, Chubb and think he's more talented than those guys, that they wouldn't be just as effective with our line. He's fine.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

There is no evidence that Zeke is demonstrably above average RB in any specific skill besides blocking and staying healthy. The Cowboys just told us that he's the best by drafting him highly, giving him the ball constantly, making him the highest paid player at his positions, and selling a bunch of jerseys.

I don't know how anyone can watch him side by side with CMC, Cook, Chubb and think he's more talented than those guys, that they wouldn't be just as effective with our line. He's fine.

Look at how those coaches use their RBs and look at how the old regime used Zeke. That should tell you enough. JG thinking its 1992 all over again the way he uses his RB

1 minute ago, matt79511 said:

Zeke has exactly 1 elite skill. Being able to play 95% of the snaps without getting hurt. I said this last year and was ridiculed to death. ( @Dome @Malfatron)

I guess you could bump it up to 2 an include blocking. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Honestly slam, you should know your wrong because the biggest troll in our forum is running around liking your post like a lost puppy dog. 

Apparently it is lost on Matts that while he has tried for multiple seasons via stats and graphs to tell us that Dak is the next GOAT and on par with Brady and Wilson that almost none of us actually agree with him

The best we've got to is Dak is a Top 10 starter, somewhere in the 8-12 range and deserves to be cap allocated as such

I don't see why that's such an offensive opinion to have?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Zeke has exactly 1 elite skill. Being able to play 95% of the snaps without getting hurt. I said this last year and was ridiculed to death. ( @Dome @Malfatron)

I guess you could bump it up to 2 an include blocking. 

That might be what you meant...  but it’s not what you said at all 

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

Look at how those coaches use their RBs and look at how the old regime used Zeke. That should tell you enough. JG thinking its 1992 all over again the way he uses his RB

*Blames everything on coaching* 

*downplays how amazing our QB could be with better coaching*

Logical. By your standard of hate for the Redball Regime, Dak is actually Patrick Mahomes and Tom Bradys love child, but we just havent been able to see it yet.

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

Look at how Zeke catches cheap, useless dump offs on 3rd and long and is no threat whatsoever to break multiple tackles in the open field. That's not coaching related, he is straight up not as threatening a receiver as McCaffrey, Kamara or Barkley, it has nothing to do with playcalling

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

*Blames everything on coaching* 

*downplays how amazing our QB could be with better coaching*

Logical. By your standard of hate for the Redball Regime, Dak is actually Patrick Mahomes and Tom Bradys love child, but we just havent been able to see it yet.

Matts love for Dak has him being the lovechild of Brady and Wilson.....so?