HYPOTHETICALLY IF... cowboys Rescinded Franchise Tag

The_Slamman

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I will say this: Every single poster over the past week that has even considered the idea of moving from Dak to Dalton - - - they are the same exact posters:

1. Overrate the hell out of the importance of Zeke
  2. Say they want the team to employ analytics even though they themselves hate what analytics have to say about running backs

The amazing mental gymnastics. 

Well I’ve never said I’d move on from Dak to Dalton but I have always said the running back position is not a valued position anymore . Got into quite a few debates when Zeke was drafted how I would have not drafted Zeke with the fourth overall pick. Second I would have never paid Zeke that contract. You can find plenty of good backs in the draft don’t need to pay a running back anymore in the new NFL. Btw I hate analytics as well lol. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No they werent. I did an all 22 breakdown after the game and then posted some from others (VLeach). We all came to the same conclusion. They were playing our run game with 4 down lineman and the Mike LB. Every other player was in coverage. 

They gave no sheets whatsoever about Zeke. 

So then the blame would be on the offensive line for not being able to hold one on one blocks?? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

When does Zeke get blame? What has to happen?

Zeke has put the blame on himself for a couple of games when he plays poorly. As fans we are the only ones that put the blame on a specific person or group when in actuality its many different factors that come into play when a team losses. It's hard to blame a RB when he has to rely on his line to open blocks. If the holes were there and he picked the wrong one then yeah I would blame him. That's like us not blaming Dak when his receivers drop the balls. Or us blaming Dak when he misses open receivers. Usually a player is dependent on someone else doing their job before said player can do his job. It's a catch 22 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPJ said:

I thought Zeke got blamed for all the losses? Or was that Garret?

Dak gets the wins, because I keep seeing the post Matts makes where Dak is only behind Brady and Wilson in wins in the extremely biased 4 year sample size

Losses go to Zeke, Garrett, the defense, drops, bad luck, the weather, poor drafting, and the other QB having a better passing efficiency

4 minutes ago, CAPJ said:
18 minutes ago, TheGame316 said:

LOL - When does Dak get the blame? (for you know, anything?)

I thought Zeke got blamed for all the losses? Or was that Garret?

Backwards. Dak gets blamed for all the losses. Zeke gets credit for all the wins.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Zeke has put the blame on himself for a couple of games when he plays poorly. As fans we are the only ones that put the blame on a specific person or group when in actuality its many different factors that come into play when a team losses. It's hard to blame a RB when he has to rely on his line to open blocks. If the holes were there and he picked the wrong one then yeah I would blame him. That's like us not blaming Dak when his receivers drop the balls. Or us blaming Dak when he misses open receivers. Usually a player is dependent on someone else doing their job before said player can do his job. It's a catch 22 

This is exactly right. And in watching the All-22 it was about a 33/33/34 split on blame. Some of it was Zeke, some the OL, some very questionable play calling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is exactly right. And in watching the All-22 it was about a 33/33/34 split on blame. Some of it was Zeke, some the OL, some very questionable play calling. 

Holy moly you said I was right!! Lol it only took me about a week or so 😜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Backwards. Dak gets blamed for all the losses. Zeke gets credit for all the wins.

Is this not the story with every QB this team will ever put on the field though? 

Problem is the media talks QBs more than anything. TV cameras focus on the QB. So the usual fan fixates on the QB and puts all blame and glory upon them and them alone. That's why you have all these 20 somethings calling Brady the best ever over his rings. They ignore the slew of hall of Famers he has played with, and the top tier D he had to start his career and end his career. No, of course they didnt win the rings. Only Brady did. Brady win 6 rings. Not the Patriots. Just Brady. It was all him. Not the 21+ other guys to take the field. All Brady, every time.

Same with Dak. When he throws a pick, it's all on him. The receiver rounding off his route into a zone or the inside protection causing a bad timing didnt matter, no only Dak is to blame. Because he is the QB. And when he throws 300 yards and 2 scores but the team loses, it's his fault because the defense couldn't stop the other QB from throwing for 400 and 3 scores. That's Daks fault. Yup.

That is Dallas Cowboy fan logic :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Is this not the story with every QB this team will ever put on the field though? 

Problem is the media talks QBs more than anything. TV cameras focus on the QB. So the usual fan fixates on the QB and puts all blame and glory upon them and them alone. That's why you have all these 20 somethings calling Brady the best ever over his rings. They ignore the slew of hall of Famers he has played with, and the top tier D he had to start his career and end his career. No, of course they didnt win the rings. Only Brady did. Brady win 6 rings. Not the Patriots. Just Brady. It was all him. Not the 21+ other guys to take the field. All Brady, every time.

Same with Dak. When he throws a pick, it's all on him. The receiver rounding off his route into a zone or the inside protection causing a bad timing didnt matter, no only Dak is to blame. Because he is the QB. And when he throws 300 yards and 2 scores but the team loses, it's his fault because the defense couldn't stop the other QB from throwing for 400 and 3 scores. That's Daks fault. Yup.

That is Dallas Cowboy fan logic :)

Trust me I know. I spent all last season challenging posters to watch All-22 with me and educate themselves (or share dissenting opinions and educate me). Especially the over dramatic and/or Dak haters...

Guess how many of them took me up on it? Zero

Guess how many I think are capable of detailed analysis? 

Edited by Matts4313

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Trust me I know. I spent all last season challenging posters to watch All-22 with me and educate themselves. Especially the over dramatic and/or Dak haters...

Guess how many of them took me up on it? Zero

Guess how many I think are capable of detailed analysis? 

This is how I've felt since I first joined this thing called the internet :P 

I have a coaching background, and have played RT at a top college in Notre Dame. I love the details, the small details, and the Xs, Os, techniques, schemes etc involved in how things work on field. But many fans see a madden playbook and get addicted to a bunch of numbers in a video game that says this player is this or that, listen to media talk about QBs and only QBs, and bypass every other facet of the team, the game, the players, and the reality of what's going on beyond "he threw a pic" "he won a ring" "he won games" "he lost games so he chokes" it's really a bunch of silliness. 

Reality is, Dak has outplayed most young QBs. But because it didnt lead to a ring and they missed the playoffs in the most recent season, well, he must suck and Andy freaking Dalton must be the solution. In fact, they should let Dak walk and gamble on a rookie. Because a QB who's team cant stop a Nose bleed or invests 100s of millions on an OL and  RB and cant convert on a 3rd and 1, well, that QB should CLEARLY be replaced. 

Lol

• Like 1