HYPOTHETICALLY IF... cowboys Rescinded Franchise Tag

The_Slamman

19 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

But the big difference is that after Zekes rookie year, falling forward has been more common to him than the dodged tackle, while Emmitt could make that first tackler miss throughout the bulk of his career. Not.a broken tackle where you escape then stumble off for 2 or 3 more before falling forward for another. But that true step where the tackler doesnt even touch you and you are one on one with the safety, one.more miss away from a 60 yard score. That's what Zeke has been lacking that would take him to the level a truly memorable all time great. 

This is what I’ve seen from Zeke for years. He’ll “break a tackle” from one defender only to go down 2-3 yards later to the next one because the first one did enough to slow him down and get him off balance. The most frightening RBs make the first would-be tackler completely whiff, lose no steam and go and break off that huge, game-breaking play

Is this nitpicky? Sure. But is it Jason Garrett’s fault that Elliott had one 30 yard run last year? Oh no. And is anyone still calling Zeke the best RB in football, a “generational talent,” and the exception to what we know of RB positional value hoodwinked by the franchise’s propaganda? More or less

Edited by matt79511
typos, phone

13 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

This is what I’ve seen from Zeke from years. He’ll “break a tackle” from one defender only to go down 2-3 yards later to the next one because the first one did enough to slow him down and get him off balance. The best RBs make the first would be tackled completely whiff and go and break off that huge, game breaking play

Is this nitpicky? Sure. But is it Jason Garrett’s fault that Elliott had one 30 yard run last year? Oh no. And is anyone still calling Zeke the best RB in football, a “generational talent,” and the exception to what we know of RB positional value hoodwinked by the franchise’s propaganda? More or less

Man I've been saying this since Zekes second year. He had one huge play against SF and this board went nuts at me for saying Zeke was playing awful compared to what he is capable of. It was painful to see him taking what he is given against a pitiful D in SF (at the time). It was SF, a terrible squad, and shoelace tackles were dropping him. He got the big play because the defenders were simply lazy and blind. But know what? Zeke has been just as lazy too.

That rookie year, he fought. He didnt lose balance. He broke tackles, dodged tackles, lowered his shoulders, fought for more after contact instead stumbling ahead and going down. Where is this passion and fire? 

I still think he is still a top runner in the league. But his laziness is starting to diminish his spectacular capability. He is falling off the radars of the media because of the lack of big plays, but who cares about that. They like the long highlight runs. We in Dallas want the consistent first down runner. They can have their Barkley highlights. I'm fine with Zekes 6 and 5 and 8 and 4 and 9 and 5 instead of Barkleys -2 and -1 and -3 and 12 and 2 and 4 and -3 and then 50. Its inconsistent and unreliable for sustainability on a drive. My problem is that Zeke is just ok with his consistent running and no longer seems willing to fight for the big ones that he seemed willing to fight for early in his first year. 

And what's worse now, is that Zekes consistent chain mover running has gone from The 5s and 6s and 7s to the 3s and 4s and more 3s and 4s. 

Edited by Dallas94Ware
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Barkleys -2 and -1 and -3 and 12 and 2 and 4 and -3 and then 50

Seems like you are trying to make Barkley into Barry Sanders. I dont think thats true. Saquon seems just as good as Zeke at getting those consistent 3+ yard runs. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Seems like you are trying to make Barkley into Barry Sanders. I dont think thats true. Saquon seems just as good as Zeke at getting those consistent 3+ yard runs. 

Sanders was indeed like that. But Barkley is not that consistent chain mover, he's that big play al or nothing type. If he learned to take the small gains and not look for home runs so often, his team would have been better off. Maybe I exaggerated a bit with my analogy above, but the point still remains. People dont rank Zeke as the best anymore because media folk prefer the big play highlight reel to the consistent unsexy chain mover. Barkley is the big play highlight usually, Zeke, well, he just has not been. Which is ok with me, however, when your top run is 30 yards and you making 90 million, theres a problem. 

2 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

But Barkley is not that consistent chain mover, he's that big play al or nothing type.

I just dont see how you come to that conclusion. Barkley seems more like an "All or Something" type. More like a Priest Holmes. 

I guess agree to disagree. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just dont see how you come to that conclusion. Barkley seems more like an "All or Something" type. More like a Priest Holmes. 

I guess agree to disagree. 

I suppose. Here in NY where I was holed up, I've had the unfortunate unluxury of watching the giants every week. Too many cut backs, too many hesitations for bigger holes, when he can just hit the hole and get some instead of look for it all. 

But all in all, the problem still remains that Zeke should be gaining more, fighting more, and ultimately, breaking the big one more.

35 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I suppose. Here in NY where I was holed up, I've had the unfortunate unluxury of watching the giants every week. Too many cut backs, too many hesitations for bigger holes, when he can just hit the hole and get some instead of look for it all. 

But all in all, the problem still remains that Zeke should be gaining more, fighting more, and ultimately, breaking the big one more.

I certainly support the sentiment that you'd rather have a consistent back than the one you're describing. But yeah, Zeke having exactly one 30+ yard run last year behind an OL that graded out in the Top 3 is enough to remove him from serious discussion for the league's best back. This isn't the 1970s, you need big time explosive plays to hang with teams these days.

It's funny- over the last few weeks, so many bytes of data have been committed to the idea that Dalton in Dallas' infrastructure could be as productive as Dak, if not more so. And yet, you never hear these supposed Bengals experts speculate on what Joe Mixon would look like behind the Dallas offensive line. That guy could be the best back in the league and we just don't know. He makes it look easy when he gets a crease, he's smooth as hell. He looks like the back Zeke used to be.

Edited by matt79511

I will say this: Every single poster over the past week that has even considered the idea of moving from Dak to Dalton - - - they are the same exact posters:

1. Overrate the hell out of the importance of Zeke
  2. Say they want the team to employ analytics even though they themselves hate what analytics have to say about running backs

The amazing mental gymnastics. 

Edited by Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I will say this: Every single poster over the past week that has even considered the idea of moving from Dak to Dalton - - - they are the same exact posters:

1. Overrate the hell out of Zeke
  2. Say they want the team to employ analytics even though they themselves hate what analytics have to say about running backs

The amazing mental gymnastics. 

Matts and his "analytics"

The hours he must spend scouring YouTube and the Internet looking for videos and articles to fulfill his confirmation bias

Kinda pathetic

• Like 1

I would like to hereby apologize to @Matts4313. I believe in just about everything you say.. But just can't get myself to join in this "circus" anymore... It's like I am watching as you try to put out fires started by some pyromaniacs with a bucket of water , all by yourself.. while I just sit here and watch.. 

I do commend you on a job well done.. 

God I really hope you love what you do... 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I would like to hereby apologize to @Matts4313. I believe in just about everything you say.. But just can't get myself to join in this "circus" anymore... It's like I am watching as you try to put out fires started by some pyromaniacs with a bucket of water , all by yourself.. while I just sit here and watch.. 

I do commend you on a job well done.. 

God I really hope you love what you do... 

Not really. Its why ive been blocking people if they say to many unfounded, dumb opinions. But its quarantine, so I dont mind shooting the sheet with people. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

He does? Dak audibles a literal fudge-ton. What makes you think he doesnt?

3 straight handoffs in the Vikings game. Saints game. Patriots game. Bears game. Jets game. Audibles during the games most important drives. Doing it once I'll give him a pass. But 5 games all of last season. 

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

3 straight handoffs in the Vikings game. Saints game. Patriots game. Bears game. Jets game. Audibles during the games most important drives. Doing it once I'll give him a pass. But 5 games all of last season. 

1. Just naming games doesnt mean anything. 
  2. You are coached when and how to audible. Generally for the Cowboys they have two plays called and Dak decides which to call. Might be 2 runs, run/pass or 2 passes. He might have been somewhat limited in his checks, but he did what he could within the structure of the offense. 
  3. Specifically addressing the Saints game. The saints were showing *5* man boxes. So he would check to run plays where we had 6 blockers for 5 men. But Zeke was absolutely pathetic.

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
  1. Just naming games doesnt mean anything. 
  2. You are coached when and how to audible. Generally for the Cowboys they have two plays called and Dak decides which to call. Might be 2 runs, run/pass or 2 passes. He might have been somewhat limited in his checks, but he did what he could within the structure of the offense. 
  3. Specifically addressing the Saints game. The saints were showing *5* man boxes. So he would check to run plays where we had 6 blockers for 5 men. But Zeke was absolutely pathetic.

They may have shown 5 man boxes according to you. I mean I don't breakdown film or watch the all 22, I go off by what I see at that moment. They could of had 5 man boxes but those safeties and LBs were flying towards the ball at the snap. They knew what was coming which is why Dak should have audibled. But it is what it is. No understating how much coaching held back this team. 

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

They may have shown 5 man boxes according to you. I mean I don't breakdown film or watch the all 22, I go off by what I see at that moment. They could of had 5 man boxes but those safeties and LBs were flying towards the ball at the snap. They knew what was coming which is why Dak should have audibled. But it is what it is. No understating how much coaching held back this team. 

No they werent. I did an all 22 breakdown after the game and then posted some from others (VLeach). We all came to the same conclusion. They were playing our run game with 4 down lineman and the Mike LB. Every other player was in coverage. 

They gave no sheets whatsoever about Zeke.