2021 1 Rd Mock. No Simulator. Thank You Playoffpredictors.com for providing the draft order

brushmyhair

I could see Surtain if and only if we let Jackson walk after next year.  Otherwise, I would put our top needs as RT, WR and TE at this point.  Disappointed that Joe wouldn't be reunited with Chase, but I can see another WR in that spot if they don't like a RT that high (assuming Jonah Williams plays well enough at LT... if not, draft a LT and slide Jonah to RT).

And BTW, I'll take the alternate outcome in the link if I had a choice)

Edited by INbengalfan

Interest to see Chicago with #1. Whats your project record for them? They obviously have a huge need at the most important position, but I think they have a quite good roster around bad QBs. They won't battle for the title for sure, but #1 is quite surprising (tho probably the best what could happen for them, Lawrence would content already as a rookie with that roster)

As for Denver, I think we are getting quite overlooked, and that's ok. We probably will surprise a lot of people this season. You certantly have the Chargers way too high. But the pick for the Broncos (position wise) is spot on.

22 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

I could see Surtain if and only if we let Jackson walk after next year.  Otherwise, I would put our top needs as RT, WR and TE at this point.  Disappointed that Joe wouldn't be reunited with Chase, but I can see another WR in that spot if they don't like a RT that high (assuming Jonah Williams plays well enough at LT... if not, draft a LT and slide Jonah to RT).

And BTW, I'll take the alternate outcome in the link if I had a choice)

We know the Bengals brass put a big premium on CB, so it certainly wouldn't be surprising, but I agree with you that OT is likely the top need next year.

12 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Interest to see Chicago with #1. Whats your project record for them? They obviously have a huge need at the most important position, but I think they have a quite good roster around bad QBs. They won't battle for the title for sure, but #1 is quite surprising (tho probably the best what could happen for them, Lawrence would content already as a rookie with that roster)

As for Denver, I think we are getting quite overlooked, and that's ok. We probably will surprise a lot of people this season. You certantly have the Chargers way too high. But the pick for the Broncos (position wise) is spot on.

i predicted them and Jacksonville both go 2-14, and apparently the site gave Chicago the tiebreaker because of Strength Of Schedule. i'm high on Herbert and the situation he's in, plus, when teams face each other 3 times and 1 team wins twice against them in the regular season, when they get that 3rd matchup, the team seems to find a way to get the win. Remember when the Giants ended the undefeated season, the Cowboys beat the Giants TWICE. Giants get that 3rd matchup, Boom. "THAT'S MAH QUARTERBACK"

The bears are going to be flipping between Foles and Trubisky all season. It's going to be like when Tampa flipped between Winston and Fitzpatrick and got the 5th pick

15 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

The bears are going to be flipping between Foles and Trubisky all season. It's going to be like when Tampa flipped between Winston and Fitzpatrick and got the 5th pick

Tho I agree that flipping between Foles and Trubisky won't help at all. Don't you think that Defense can't win them more than 2 games?

Every Chicago fan should brace the tank tho. Lawrence in that team would be amazing.

Edited by BowserBroncos

15 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

i'm high on Herbert and the situation he's in, plus, when teams face each other 3 times and 1 team wins twice against them in the regular season, when they get that 3rd matchup, the team seems to find a way to get the win. Remember when the Giants ended the undefeated season, the Cowboys beat the Giants TWICE. Giants get that 3rd matchup, Boom. "THAT'S MAH QUARTERBACK"

I'm not a Herbert hater, but I don't think he falled into the best situation for him. Chargerd have great problems in their OL, specially on the left side. That's never good for a rookie QB that has somethings to learn before hits his full development. I do think if the Chargers develop him well, he can succeed. Leaving only the Raiders without a young QB to lead them for the next decade or so.

With all this bizarre situation the world is in, I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor starts this year and Herbert take the the train mid-season or later. Which would probably won't help the Chargers chances this year.

19 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

I'm not a Herbert hater, but I don't think he falled into the best situation for him. Chargerd have great problems in their OL, specially on the left side. That's never good for a rookie QB that has somethings to learn before hits his full development. I do think if the Chargers develop him well, he can succeed. Leaving only the Raiders without a young QB to lead them for the next decade or so.

With all this bizarre situation the world is in, I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor starts this year and Herbert take the the train mid-season or later. Which would probably won't help the Chargers chances this year.

The chargers upgraded their line from the looks of things. They stole Trai Turner and all they had to do was trade Russell Okung. They signed Bryan Bulaga to anchor the right side of the line, and they have Pouncey at center, and we have yet to see what happens with Lamp. I remember the year he was drafted, I'm shocked he wasn't a first rd pick. His injury issues became apparent in the nfl

They need to sell tickets, Looking at their schedule right now, If taylor struggles early on against a team like the panthers, By week 4, Herbert probably makes his debut start against the Buccaneers

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Tho I agree that flipping between Foles and Trubisky won't help at all. Don't you think that Defense can't win them more than 2 games?

Every Chicago fan should brace the tank tho. Lawrence in that team would be amazing.

Those 2 QB's are going to be turning the ball over giving their opponents great field position. The defense won't be able to bail out the team from the offensive hole they put themselves in

• Like 1

On 5/9/2020 at 6:01 PM, brushmyhair said:

That's all besides the point. Kuechly and Willis were the closest to getting rings. BOTH Were the unquestioned leaders of their defenses

I agree and disagree with both of you. 

Elite linebackers are absolutely worth taking in the 1st. But Dylan Moses isn’t an elite LB prospect.