Mahomes will surpass Brady as the Goat. True or False?

brownie man

Will Mahomes pass Brady as the GOAT?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mahomes be the Goat?

• No Mahomes will never surpass Tom Brady
    • Yes one day Patrick Mahomes will be considered the Goat

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

He'll be in the discussion. But, I honestly think it'll be Trevor Lawrence.

The Texans are not going to get Lawrence man. Even if they did and he did great OBrien would still trade him at his peak for some beach front property in Kansas. 

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I like the golf analogy I heard:

Brady = Jack Nicklaus

Mahommes = Tiger

God damnit i wanted to refute this but i can’t come up with anything. Any way you try to disagree disrespects one of four legends.

Only thing you could possibly say is Jack’s last major and Tiger’s first were over ten years apart.  Brady and Mahomes went back go back.  And to be honest i think Mahomes might be the best of the 4 which is absolutely insane to even say out loud. I hope he doesn’t get hurt like Tiger did (granted Tiger did a lot of it to himself)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m going to say yes. 

He might not win multiple superbowls, but if he’ stays healthy I think Mahomes will be considered the greatest Quarterback of all time once he’s career is over. 

I feel like without multiple SBs he cant surpass Brady

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elky said:

So much stupidity in one post.

Mahomes is already better than Brady when he's only been in the league for 3 seasons? Seriously?

And Mahomes wasn't on a good team with a good coach? Are we going to ignore the fact that Andy Reid has been a head coach since 1998 and KC has been perennial playoff contenders under him with Alex Smith?

You claim he's the SOLE reason they won the SB (ignoring how poorly he played for the majority of it), but then you say it's a team effort. Which is it?

seriously, ignore that misanthrope. 

• Like 2

Mahome MIGHT win a second Super Bowl. However, with his contract expiring soon and he's earned the right to be the highest paid QB, keeping a good team around him is going to be nigh impossible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

The Texans are not going to get Lawrence man. Even if they did and he did great OBrien would still trade him at his peak for some beach front property in Kansas. 

Not about the Texans, just a general comment...

...and let's be cereal, Dallas would just tag Lawrence and then sign some FA like Sam Darnold to "leverage" the situation.

• Like 1

Mahomes is on a trajectory to be another Rodgers ( way better leader though). Assuming someone will win multiple Super Bowls and stay healthy and elite for 20 years is quite a reach.  Let’s enjoy his career and start this talk in earnest after he wins 2 more titles.

• Like 3

I remember when RG3 was unstoppable and was going to revolutionize the game. That's probably more relevant in a Lamar Jackson thread, but lets wait till Mahomes has a second Superbowl and gets 5-6 years into his career without slowing down (injury or otherwise) before we bring out the anointing oil

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elky said:

So much stupidity in one post.

Mahomes is already better than Brady when he's only been in the league for 3 seasons? Seriously?

And Mahomes wasn't on a good team with a good coach? Are we going to ignore the fact that Andy Reid has been a head coach since 1998 and KC has been perennial playoff contenders under him with Alex Smith?

You claim he's the SOLE reason they won the SB (ignoring how poorly he played for the majority of it), but then you say it's a team effort. Which is it?

You are engaging with someone who never has a correct opinion and is probably the easiest person on here to ignore 

5 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

If you're trying to describe Brady with that, then you are surely mistaken.  The guy has the biggest ego in the history of NFL QBs.  Could not take it that was drafted so low.  What a cry baby.  Rodgers is similar, but not on Brady's level.  

Not true at all.  

Many people would argue that Barry Sanders was the best RB to ever play the game, but he never even played in a Super Bowl.  In terms of QBs,  Joe Montana won 4 Super Bowls, but some football pundits still consider Dan Marino to be the better QB.  

Winning Super Bowls is a team effort.  It should be considered when comparing players of the same position, but comparisons should never be entirely based on how many Super Bowls a player has.  

Not even close.  

Why?  Because Brady isn't talented like Michael Jordan was.  He's not even talented like Lebron is.  Brady was on a good team with a good coach.  Belichick put all the resources around him for 20 years. 

And, please don't categorize Mahomes with Lebron James.  That's a real joke there.  Mahomes grabbed a Super Bowl in just his third year in the league.  Took Lebron a long time to win the Finals.  

How many years did it take Jordan to reach the finals?  Hmmmm.

As the greatest basketball player ever he didn't win squat without a supporting cast either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Not about the Texans, just a general comment...

...and let's be cereal, Dallas would just tag Lawrence and then sign some FA like Sam Darnold to "leverage" the situation.

True dat. We learned our lesson with Zeke among others. We're gonna low ball the sh** out of him. 

• Like 2