ESPN going with new MNF crew

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

MNF was just such an event when I was growing up. It's so strange just seeing the hollow husk that it's become over the last 15 years and how far downhill it's gone 

Even the TNF slate has been better in recent years. Just feels wrong. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, August4th said:

needs to go back to ABC

I could see ABC getting half of the TNF package in a few years, Fox having the other half. Thing is new carriage contracts for the NFL Network would need to be signed that would allow all TNF package games to be simulcast on an over-the-air network. I think the NFL will do this because they'll realize that most of the NFLN-exclusive games feature teams that did poorly the previous season, and they don't want to be seen as punishing these teams for poor performance. Like for instance the Browns. Ever since the NFL began simulcasting some of the TNF package on a broadcast network in 2014, they have only appeared in 1 TNF game aired on a broadcast network nationwide. It was last year, and they regressed last year. Because they once again failed to improve in consecutive seasons, their TNF game is an NFLN exclusive this year. And I feel if the Browns underperform again, Mayfield will get the boot. If that happens, maybe they could go for Trevor Lawrence even if they have to trade up to get him (which would give him a chance to redeem himself in my eyes for beating both of my favorite CFB teams in the playoff in consecutive years).

20 minutes ago, N4L said:

Tessitore was cool. Booger is and always will be a complete dunce 

Funny that they announce there will be changes in announcers but don't actually announce anything of substance

They're waiting for social media to voice their opinions before choosing who to replace them with. And then once the consensus is full of broadcasters not employed by ESPN, they'll consult the Magic 8 Ball to choose between the corpse of Chris Berman or Steve Levy.

• Like 2