ESPN going with new MNF crew

11sanchez11

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Tessitore was cool. Booger is and always will be a complete dunce 

Funny that they announce there will be changes in announcers but don't actually announce anything of substance

It’s addition by subtraction 

Maybe potential announcers want to make sure they won’t be paired with either of them. Or have a potential pair set up just want to clear the deck first. 

Steve Levy and Brian Griese is my guess.  Both do a very solid job with college football games and could do well with the NFL.  Sure Peyton Manning is the obvious but not sure he wants to be an announcer but who knows.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forge said:

MNF was just such an event when I was growing up. It's so strange just seeing the hollow husk that it's become over the last 15 years and how far downhill it's gone 

Much of television has become like that.  Back in those days, we had Johnny Carson.  Now we have the losers they are trotting out there night after night.  Those guys don't have a clue.  The same could be said about Monday Night Football.  I long for the days of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and Dandy Don Meredith.  Even John Madden was great in his day as well.  How the mighty have fallen...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Steve Levy and Brian Griese is my guess.  Both do a very solid job with college football games and could do well with the NFL.  Sure Peyton Manning is the obvious but not sure he wants to be an announcer but who knows.  

I would love to get Peyton Manning and Brett Favre in the same booth, although they might be there to do the same job.  Those two together could be amazing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, N4L said:

Tessitore was cool. 

His voice is incredibly boring and generic. He's the definition of just a guy and would put me to sleep.

I like the Tennessee Titans radio guy, Mike Keith, dude is super underappreciated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I would love to get Peyton Manning and Brett Favre in the same booth, although they might be there to do the same job.  Those two together could be amazing.

Favre would be fine for like 3 weeks. Then would turn into an unmitigated disaster.