ESPN going with new MNF crew

11sanchez11

20 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Much of television has become like that.  Back in those days, we had Johnny Carson.  Now we have the losers they are trotting out there night after night.  Those guys don't have a clue.  The same could be said about Monday Night Football.  I long for the days of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and Dandy Don Meredith.  Even John Madden was great in his day as well.  How the mighty have fallen...

Heard the craziest story about Johnny Carson from a Mike Rowe podcast the other day. Google about when he was basically kidnapped and sentenced to die by the mafia.

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

His voice is incredibly boring and generic. He's the definition of just a guy and would put me to sleep.

Yeah, he wasn't great, but he was above average. You could tell he didn't like being with booger but did his best with it. Chemistry does matter 

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I like the Tennessee Titans radio guy, Mike Keith, dude is super underappreciated.

I like this guy a lot, I would be on board 

ESPN needs to just go to Dan orlavsky and Pat mccafee with an experienced play by play guy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I also don't know how some of the folks at ESPN would feel about hiring a dude who comped to sexual harassment of a reporter. 

Maybe.  I was just thinking it would be interesting to hear the differences in how Brett and Peyton look at a particular situation in a game.  Two different ways to get the same job done.

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

Much of television has become like that.  Back in those days, we had Johnny Carson.  Now we have the losers they are trotting out there night after night.  Those guys don't have a clue.  The same could be said about Monday Night Football.  I long for the days of Frank Gifford, Howard Cosell, and Dandy Don Meredith.  Even John Madden was great in his day as well.  How the mighty have fallen...

I’ve seen the old games. Those dudes were too cheesy.

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Yeah, he wasn't great, but he was above average. You could tell he didn't like being with booger but did his best with it. Chemistry does matter 

I like this guy a lot, I would be on board 

ESPN needs to just go to Dan orlavsky and Pat mccafee with an experienced play by play guy. 

McAfee would kill it. Orlovsky not so much because he’s a tool. 

This might be weird but I don’t think they’d give it to McAfee because he was a punter so they may feel like his color commentary won’t be as legitimate 

steve levy and mcafee would be great. I’d like Joe Thomas on there 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I’ve seen the old games. Those dudes were too cheesy.

Probably to you.

Be a little more understanding . What is cool to others might not be cool to you and what’s not cheesy to you might be cheesy to others 

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuck80 said:

My choices would be 

Tony Romo, Louis Riddick and Gus Johnson with Andrea Kramer as sideline reporter

Gus isn't with espn though right?

Riddick, Greg Cosell (who i think is the brightest mind out there in terms of breaking down nfl plays) with maybe Levy. 

• Like 1