Sign in to follow this  
jetsfan4life51

6 Man Offensive Line

https://www.reddit.com/r/nyjets/comments/gfunca/are_the_jets_planning_on_doing_what_seahawks_did/

I joked around during the draft about taking Shenault and having a 6 man OL but this guy makes some great points.  I can totally see the Jets doing what the Seahawks did, especially with Darnold's success with TEs and having three RBs.

What do you guys think? Can open up downfield for Mims/Perriman and Herndon can have a nice PA game.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Did you read the article at all?

No

Pete Carroll has been committing to a smashmouth offense. Gase doesn't.   When looking at James Morgan as qb of the future, we should think of Jay Cutler and Ryan Tannehill, not Russell Wilson.  

Interesting idea, though.

6 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No

Did you have a sex with Joe Douglas?

This is very interesting, but I feel like Gase likes to throw way too much to commit to a heavier run oriented attack. This is what we SHOULD do though.

Posted (edited)

So run and deep balls. I don’t think this makes sense. It goes away from Darnold’s strength, short to intermediate throws. I could see them using Fant situationally at a 6th offensive lineman but not as a primary formation. I don’t think this makes sense for Darnold’s development. Let him play his game.

Edited by SDotNova

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Did you have a sex with Joe Douglas?

No

Anything is possible at this point with how the offense is built. I do think we will go heavier on the 2-TE sets with Herndon & Griffin similar to what Manning used to have at one point. 

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nyjets/comments/gfunca/are_the_jets_planning_on_doing_what_seahawks_did/

I joked around during the draft about taking Shenault and having a 6 man OL but this guy makes some great points.  I can totally see the Jets doing what the Seahawks did, especially with Darnold's success with TEs and having three RBs.

What do you guys think? Can open up downfield for Mims/Perriman and Herndon can have a nice PA game.

Wide splits on the OL more than likely means not smash mouth football. So somebody is not knowing what they’re talking about. Either we aren’t running wide splits or we are using 6 OLineman. More than likely we aren’t doing both a ton. And with the more “athletic” OLineman we went after... I’d assume the wide splits is more accurate.

7 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I didn't mean to do this all the time, I meant having packages like this.  

Oh ok. Yes I can see packages we do this. But not mainly our offense.