2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

49 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Good to know. I'll start worrying a year from now. Hopefully they will have extended Adams. Who else is irreplaceable? 

Easy answer.  No one.

But longevity in the scheme and league is a good thing to have.

Sign Lazard to a nice deal.  He fits really well.  And he works hard.  And we are talking WR3 money here, or low end WR2 money.  Fractional compared to Adams.

Whatever he gets, offer 30% less to MVS or ESB and see who takes it.

Draft a rookie WR this year to develop and be the #4.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Easy answer.  No one.

Sign Lazard to a nice deal.  He fits really well.  And he works hard.  And we are talking WR3 money here, or low end WR2 money.  Fractional compared to Adams.

Who fits the prototypical WR mold that our coaching staff seems to employ? I don't really see anyone until the 4th round as things stand here. Do you go the Marques Colston route and take a smaller TE that runs routes extremely well and can develop into that possession receiver who can block well?

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Easy answer.  No one.

Meh, I'm fine waiting til next year to draft a WR. Maybe spend a 5 or so. We have more pressing issues 

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Who fits the prototypical WR mold that our coaching staff seems to employ? I don't really see anyone until the 4th round as things stand here. Do you go the Marques Colston route and take a smaller TE that runs routes extremely well and can develop into that possession receiver who can block well?

You can look outside the mold for 1 or 2 spots. Ervins spots never safe and we obviously crave at least 1 "playmaker" out there.

11 hours ago, Joe said:

Whoever we draft will be fine.  We wouldn't need a "prototypical" guy as we would have that covered with Lazard and one of ESB or MVS.  No reason the guy couldn't be 5-11 or 6 feet tall.  

And if we wanted a prototypical guy, yah, see what big dudes are there late in the draft.

Personally, I hope we find someone with more upside than our prototypical guys, and I hope we take it earlier than the 4'th.  I just threw out the 4'th because I ran a TDN mock and found a good looking WR there.  Can't remember the name, though.  

18 hours ago, Joe said:

Sage Surratt

EDIT - Oh, just saw you said you don't see anything until the 4th round. I thought you asked for someone in that 4th round range. Rashod Bateman and Tylan Wallace fit the Packers mold.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Sage Surratt

EDIT - Oh, just saw you said you don't see anything until the 4th round. I thought you asked for someone in that 4th round range. Rashod Bateman and Tylan Wallace fit the Packers mold.

I was thinking more Nico Collins; 6-4 222. Surratt lacks the explosiveness we need as does Wallace. Looks like Bateman will be off the board by the time we would be drafting in the first. Dazz Newsome makes a lot of sense if we're trying to replace Ervin/Austin. 

Just now, Joe said:

I was thinking more Nico Collins; 6-4 222. Surratt lacks the explosiveness we need as does Wallace. Looks like Bateman will be off the board by the time we would be drafting in the first. Dazz Newsome makes a lot of sense if we're trying to replace Ervin/Austin. 

Surratt and Wallace fit what we do. That's what was asked. Wallace is a contested catch monster and a deep ball guy. He's someone that, from day one, puts pressure on MVS to succeed. Surratt is someone that would push Lazard in a similar role. 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Surratt and Wallace fit what we do. That's what was asked. Wallace is a contested catch monster and a deep ball guy. He's someone that, from day one, puts pressure on MVS to succeed. Surratt is someone that would push Lazard in a similar role. 

I immediately thought of that reading his profile, but Lazard's a bigger WR both height and weight wise. I just don't see Surratt being able to do at 6-2 what Lazard can do at 6-5...

On 12/29/2020 at 3:01 PM, Arthur Penske said:

Probably accurate, but didn't the scouting Wolf try and get Urlacher and Ray Lewis?  He still impacts Ted/Gutey and that scouting tree I think.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Thompson said something along the lines of that you don't break out of the tier.  IF there's someone you value as a tier above everyone else, you take him.  And I think TT already admitted that he was fielding offers for the pick before taking Rodgers, but that Rodgers was going to be the pick so long as nobody made a legitimate offer for the pick.

6 hours ago, Joe said:

I immediately thought of that reading his profile, but Lazard's a bigger WR both height and weight wise. I just don't see Surratt being able to do at 6-2 what Lazard can do at 6-5...

Surratt is 6'3" 215, Lazard is 6'5" 227. There's no reason to think Surratt couldn't fill that role. He's not a small human being in the slightest.

Edited by beekay414

15 hours ago, Joe said:

It's tough to tell where WR's will go right now.  All it takes is a good 40 and a guy can jump two rounds.  Sure this is fun, but we will know more in a few months.

I know that I want a guy who can run across the field on our post routes and rollouts with some extreme acceleration and speed.  

I know that the team really likes and does well with the larger guys for blocking and using scheme to get them open.

Guess I feel we have enough of them for next year and would like something a little different.