2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

On 2/20/2021 at 10:05 AM, MantyWrestler said:

He might be though, Melvin Gordon was once 3rd string. He may have a better pro career with his skill set. Just not built to be an every down RB. Could use a few pounds to deal with the pounding. 

I'm not talking about as a freshman or sophomore.  Melvin Gordon was the starting RB for Wisconsin his final year and he was a co-starter with James White in his junior year.  And I was more or less speaking about Javonte Williams who is probably going to end up being pretty firmly RB3 for me.

8 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Last year, Brandon Aiyuk was the guy I wanted the Packers to draft(Queen was the fall-back).

This year, it's Kadarius Toney.

I like Toney, I really do.  But he's going to get drafted much higher than I like to.  I think Elijah Moore is probably better value late Day 2, early Day 3 than Toney at 29.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not talking about as a freshman or sophomore.  Melvin Gordon was the starting RB for Wisconsin his final year and he was a co-starter with James White in his junior year.  And I was more or less speaking about Javonte Williams who is probably going to end up being pretty firmly RB3 for me.

I like Williams and I get what your saying. You just never know. Maybe Carter has a career that lasts like 10-12 years as a scat back. Who knows. Just think Carter could stick for a while with that skill set. 

I'd be thrilled with either Williams or Carter in the draft at RB.  Thrilled.  Both of them are really fun to watch and project to the next level.

But if I'm being fair here....I'd rather take Carter in the third than Williams in the second.  And I think Williams is gone by the time we pick in the second round.

Ideally the 4'th round is where you find your complimentary RB to Dillon.  I'd move that to the third for Carter, but really I'm happiest taking a RB 4'th round or later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I'd be thrilled with either Williams or Carter in the draft at RB.  Thrilled.  Both of them are really fun to watch and project to the next level.

But if I'm being fair here....I'd rather take Carter in the third than Williams in the second.  And I think Williams is gone by the time we pick in the second round.

Ideally the 4'th round is where you find your complimentary RB to Dillon.  I'd move that to the third for Carter, but really I'm happiest taking a RB 4'th round or later.

I agree 4th or 5th round for that RB. First 3 or 4 rounds are important for other positions like CB, OT, WR, LB. 

• Like 1

Damar Hamlin's a Packer. bet. He's a 3rd safety who's probably best in the slot or close to the line but can play deep. slight but aggressive. has a knack for being in the right spot and shadows well despite medium athleticisms.

Patrick Jones gives me mini Z vibes. He's interesting but I think he'll be overdrafted unlike Z. More of an athlete/strongman than an EDGE right now. Guy they, wisely, moved around to find production.

Also the yearly post that we should bring Jason Pinnock to town.

Edited by HighCalebR

The UNC game for Marvin Wilson gives me the feel that he got some BAD advice like the ACC wasn't going to play this fall. This game makes me feel good about the Packers running that ticket up whenever they feel is right. Unfortunately he gets hurt the next game as he's rounding into form a bit. Does some things at weight that really pop the eyes and turns it up another notch as the game gets close late. 

Yo Tutu Atwell 👀 also. Javian Hawkins.

In fact if we dont get Javian or Michael Carter I'll cry. (and then Javian goes and ****s a punt. boo)

Marvin Wilson's lower half is so narrow its kind of wild. Marvin looks injured halfway through this game he's chugging hard, game falls off a cliff somewhere around midway. 

Lul tonight was the first night I could bring myself to watch football again. Still tough. Can we get anywhere to as close as we were this year with all the question marks going forward. ugghh. existential crisis.

Edited by HighCalebR

3 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Is that a bad thing?

Not at all.  He's a guy you're going to enjoy having on his rookie contract, let him run for four years, and then let him walk as a FA and collect your comp.  Late Day 2, early Day 3 kind of prospect.

• Like 1