2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

14 hours ago, Haha21 said:

If Caleb Farley falls to 29 do we take him? It would be so tempting but considering our medical staff I can't see us pulling the trigger on him.

I can't figure out what to do with him. The fact that he needed back surgery after not playing all year is a major red flag for me

13 hours ago, Green19 said:

Thoughts on walker little?

13 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Didnt see his pro day results, but the fact that he hasnt played since his Sep 2019 injury concerns me a bit. Not sure I like him at 29. At 62, I'd be interested.

Just Google Walker Little and watch some tape.  Great frame, great balance, elite feet.  Pure LT. Had he played last year I'm not so sure he wouldn't be a top 10-15 pick.  I've seen his highlight reel and most of 3 other games.  Those feet and balance are there in every rep.  To me, he stands up a little too much when run blocking, and especially when he gets downfield.  But that's just a little criticism.

Like I'd be fine with him at 29.  Not excited, but fine.  With inking Bakh, though, I don't think it makes sense.  I do not see RT there.  He can probably do it, but he doesn't have the anchor or aggressive nature that is ideal at RT.  He's more finesse.  Not all finesse, but certainly more of that than aggressiveness.

If he is there at 62?  Easy pick.  Draft him, get some more weight into his lower body for power and see what he can do at RT.  I doubt that he gets anywhere near 62, though.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Just Google Walker Little and watch some tape.  Great frame, great balance, elite feet.  Pure LT. Had he played last year I'm not so sure he wouldn't be a top 10-15 pick.  I've seen his highlight reel and most of 3 other games.  Those feet and balance are there in every rep.  To me, he stands up a little too much when run blocking, and especially when he gets downfield.  But that's just a little criticism.

Like I'd be fine with him at 29.  Not excited, but fine.  With inking Bakh, though, I don't think it makes sense.  I do not see RT there.  He can probably do it, but he doesn't have the anchor or aggressive nature that is ideal at RT.  He's more finesse.  Not all finesse, but certainly more of that than aggressiveness.

If he is there at 62?  Easy pick.  Draft him, get some more weight into his lower body for power and see what he can do at RT.  I doubt that he gets anywhere near 62, though.

James Hudson is my guy outside the big name tackles. Watch him if you get a chance. Stud DL prospect turned LT. Tech is a bit messy, but to be expected. He moves so well and it's a blast to watch an OL that plays with the attitude of a DL. He's a top 50 player for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

James Hudson is my guy outside the big name tackles. Watch him if you get a chance. Stud DL prospect turned LT. Tech is a bit messy, but to be expected. He moves so well and it's a blast to watch an OL that plays with the attitude of a DL. He's a top 50 player for me.

Thank you.  I'll go watch him!

10 hours ago, Forge said:

I can't figure out what to do with him. The fact that he needed back surgery after not playing all year is a major red flag for me

They still have him listed pretty high despite the injury.  Microdisectomy.  Personally I wouldn't draft him.  This kid is going to be dealing with this throughout his career.  Back spasms and increased risk of futher injury.  Had the surgery myself never the same.  It's a real beoch.  

It will be interesting to see where he goes and how his career unfolds.  Really hope we don't draft him unless it's a late round flier.  Damaged goods.  Worst possible injury for a football player.  At least he's not playing on the line he's a CB.  So maybe with aggressive PT and conditioning he can manage through it and play for awhile.

He really shouldn't be selected until the 4th round but you never know thought that way about other players and they still went early.  So won't be shocked but think it's a mistake.  Knowing what I know he'd be off my board entirely.  Harsh but need to stay away from guys with back injuries especially ones who require surgery. So my long winded answer to your question is don't draft him.

• Like 2

There's so much hype over all of the new shiny QB's this year.    I'd love (no pun intended) to see each of them perform one more season under the same circumstances Jordan Love did his Junior year and see if they emerge unscathed.    His 2nd season under the same coach (2018), he had a 158.3 rating, 64% completion, threw for 3500 yards 32TD's and 6 INT.  The following season 2019 he played under the following circumstances:

• Lost his head coach to Texas so played for a new HC and OC
  • Lost his top 4 targets in the passing game. 
  • The only returning WR with more than 10 receptions had 28 catches 297 yards in 2018
  • Lost his top RB to the NFL, Darwin Thompson
  • Replaced 4 of the starting offensive linemen incl his all-conference C and G.   
  • Only returning starter, other than himself was a Sophomore LT meaning the team replaced 9 of 11 starters from 2018-2019 and those two had to play in a new system
  • Had exactly -0- offensive players on any preseason conference awards watch lists

Would love to see all these 5-6 hyped QB's play under similar circumstances and see if, just possibly, they faced regression in stats year over year.   See just how different the scouting reports changed and this board's reactions to the prospects changed.   IF Love's circumstances had been even remotely stable 2018-2019 I bet he'd be viewed very favorably to most (read all but Lawrence) of the QB's projected to go 1st rnd.    I don't think he'd be on the Packers roster if that had been the case though as he would have been long gone.

• Like 1

To expand on the microdiscectomy surgery that Scoremore discussed and experienced, I want to share what a leading medical website has to say about it: "Microdisectomy is reserved for severe cases where nerve compression is causing significant pain or nerve compromise and weakness (verywellhealth.com)." And I couldn't agree more with Scoremore about the serious risks of selecting Farley until the late rounds, if at all. Yes, the guy is big and fast. So what! I had the surgery too, and after a month of rehab my entire right leg went numb and I had to go back in for fusion surgery. I think the operative phrase is "reserved for severe cases...." My surgeon told me that any back surgery takes a full year before an accurate evaluation can be made of success or failure. As much as I would love to steal a top cornerback late in the first round, just way too much risk on Farley for anything but a late round flyer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

What do people think about Jerimiah Owusu-Koramura ? Do you think he’s someone we’d think about highly ? 

Came in at 6'1" 221 lbs at his pro day today. 36.6 Vert and 10'4" broad. Don't see a 40 time, but 4.15 SS and 6.8 3C. Unofficial RAS of 8.71. 

Packers seemingly weren't interested enough in Denzel Mims last season to move up in the 2nd round and nab him, but if they want his athletic clone this year, it's Terrance Marshall. 

Posted an unofficial 9.94 RAS today with numbers virtually identical to Mims from last year. Probably is a little more polished as a WR coming out of LSU vs. Baylor as well. 

On 3/29/2021 at 2:18 PM, packfanfb said:

I feel like Dyami Brown may be one of the best fits at WR for the Packers in this entire draft but I don't see him as a player worthy of 29 and one that will certainly be gone by 62. 

With that 40 time, he might be there. I like him at 62. I'm not enamored of the top receivers in this class. Really like some of the later guys.

2 hours ago, Gypsy1027 said:

To expand on the microdiscectomy surgery that Scoremore discussed and experienced, I want to share what a leading medical website has to say about it: "Microdisectomy is reserved for severe cases where nerve compression is causing significant pain or nerve compromise and weakness (verywellhealth.com)." And I couldn't agree more with Scoremore about the serious risks of selecting Farley until the late rounds, if at all. Yes, the guy is big and fast. So what! I had the surgery too, and after a month of rehab my entire right leg went numb and I had to go back in for fusion surgery. I think the operative phrase is "reserved for severe cases...." My surgeon told me that any back surgery takes a full year before an accurate evaluation can be made of success or failure. As much as I would love to steal a top cornerback late in the first round, just way too much risk on Farley for anything but a late round flyer.

Yah the back of my right leg is still numb.  Had the surgery over 20 years ago.  My nerve was quite impinged.  Any guy that's had the surgery knows the deal.  Remember when Spitz had a back.  Knew his career was over as soon as I heard it and sure enough it was.  Linsley had his back acting up on him last year.  No surgery at least not yet but we'll see how the rest of his career unfolds.  Definately a concern for an offensive lineman.  He's probably fine but when I heard it was like ok let's not re-sign this guy. If it's a disc he'll be done in short order.

• Like 1