2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

13 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He gone for sure now.

Cosmi is the biggest wildcard IMO. He's basically this year's Ezra Cleveland. Many thought Cleveland was in play for the 1st round last year after his workouts (many thought the Packers would covet him), but he still ended up lasting until pick 58 I believe. 

I could see Cosmi being OT 5 after Jenkins or fall to No. 8-10 behind guys like Radunz, Eichenberg and maybe even Leatherwood/Little. 

1 hour ago, Hugh_Mann said:

looks like Cincy had their pro day yesterday and Hudson didn't do so well RAS'wise

https://relativeathleticscores.com/ras-information/?PlayerID=19413

Didn't expect this, but I love the way he plays so I'm keeping him where he's at on my board. He had the best 1-1 record at the Senior Bowl too. The feet are there and so is the explosive kick step, doesn't match those numbers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Didn't expect this, but I love the way he plays so I'm keeping him where he's at on my board. He had the best 1-1 record at the Senior Bowl too. The feet are there and so is the explosive kick step, doesn't match those numbers.

I hear ya ... game tape is always a better gauge of a man's talents than the stats off one day of doing drills in underwear

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

No, they don't. In any system in the NFL a tackle needs to excel at pass blocking.

That's like saying and EDGE needs to excel in run support.

So it doesn't matter if a Tackle can run block and it doesn't matter if an EDGE can do anything in run support? 

Bull...

Tackles need to excel in the running game in order to execute sweeps to the outside and running plays off B-gap because significant deficiencies in this area force you to only run off A-gap on either side; any decent EDGE will blow up an OT and make the play on the RB virtually every time that situation presents itself. in particular, Little has those deficiencies and in Walker Little's case they stand out on tape. Literally every report points to issues he has as a run blocker. You can't dismiss the pattern here and if all of a sudden we're supposed to dismiss all of these site we use to research players including tape then why even discuss the draft?

29 minutes ago, Joe said:

So it doesn't matter if a Tackle can run block and it doesn't matter if an EDGE can do anything in run support? 

Bull...

Tackles need to excel in the running game in order to execute sweeps to the outside and running plays off B-gap because significant deficiencies in this area force you to only run off A-gap on either side; any decent EDGE will blow up an OT and make the play on the RB virtually every time that situation presents itself. in particular, Little has those deficiencies and in Walker Little's case they stand out on tape. Literally every report points to issues he has as a run blocker. You can't dismiss the pattern here and if all of a sudden we're supposed to dismiss all of these site we use to research players including tape then why even discuss the draft?

If a tackle is elite in pass pro, he doesn't need to excel in the run game, that is the reality of the NFL. 

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

To be fair, Sternberger also tested poorly according to RAS but the Packers still took him.

5 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Dear Brian, draft Jevon. 

I came here specifically to see if you had seen this and his RAS score. It’s gonna happen. I think Holland is under the radar enough with the deep CB that he will be there at #29. 

let’s make this happen bro, speak it into existence. I’m an Oregon alum and the Packers have never had a top Oregon player on their team. This would be AWESOME. 

whats your thoughts on Gute possibly trading up to get him? I mean he was in Eugene and saw him perform then sees the RAS score, he has to want him right? 

• Like 1