2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

49 minutes ago, R T said:

Is there any real prove that Gutes liked Aiyuk as much as this narrative that fans and media pushed post draft? Front offices are not going to correct anyone headed down an empty rabbit hole if they have nothing to gain from it. 

FWIW which isn't a lot.. Count me in the camp that believes the trade up was for Aiyuk. 

Not that they didn't have a backup plan in Love or others... they've often talked if there was a significant drop off in talent they target that spot and move up or down accordingly... but I truly believe they were targeting BA with that pick. 

2 minutes ago, festiveonion said:

FWIW which isn't a lot.. Count me in the camp that believes the trade up was for Aiyuk. 

Not that they didn't have a backup plan in Love or others... they've often talked if there was a significant drop off in talent they target that spot and move up or down accordingly... but I truly believe they were targeting BA with that pick. 

I've heard this mentioned before, but it makes no sense because the Packers made the trade up to select Love after Aiyuk was already selected. Why would they make a trade up for a player that has already been drafted? If they were after Aiyuk, they would not of made the trade.    

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, R T said:

b03tvB9G_normal.jpg

The whole “NFL draft is a crapshoot” narrative in a way just trivializes the lives of young men. Every drafted player is either highly skilled or possesses developmental physical traits. Some don’t pan out because job/family stresses are too great to handle in their early 20’s.

Hence why it's a crap shoot. You can have all the stop watches and film you want. At the end of the day, it's hard to get into the head of these guys and project how they are going to handle an NFL life over the course of the next 4 years or beyond. A lot of prospects fail for reasons having zero to do with their measurable athletic ability. I mean, look at the failure rate for QBs, especially highly drafted prospects...

In the words of great Steven Emtman in the film Little Giants, "football is 80 percent mental, 40 percent physical." 

• Like 1