2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

5 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a LB early in next years draft. Micah Parsons would be nice, but he probably won't be there. Maybe even Dylan Moses, read an article that said he's only missed 5 tackles out of 107 attempts. GB could use that kind of tackling on defense.

If we do that we better have fired Pettine.

• Like 2

I've been able to watch quite a few Ravens game.  Queen is...well...he isn't very good yet.  Every time I see him, he's missing tackles, getting way out of position or being burned on pass routes.  He's had a few splash plays, no doubt, but overall, label me unimpressed.

I thought he was one of the guys we could have taken instead of Love.  But man, that would have been a big mistake.  I kind of pity any ILB that has to play in this defense.  I'm good moving forward with Barnes and Martin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Maybe one days fans will realize we won't be drafting an ILB in round 1.

lol nope, i'll still be hoping for a LB round 1, maybe sacrifice it for a nasty run stuffing d lineman in the 1st. But the packers will probably draft some player that no one has ever heard of out of some small town college.

Kinda interesting chart i found from bleacher reports, its a couple years old tho.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft

All-Pro rates among first-round picks, 25-year sample

Position Drafted All-Pros All-Pro rate                                              

LB           87           23           26.4%

S              35           9              25.7%

C             12           3              25.0%

G             32           7              21.9%

OT          84           16           19.0%

DL           170         28           16.5%

RB           96           15           15.6%

CB           91           14           15.4%

WR         99           15           15.2%

TE           28           4              14.3%

QB          57           3              5.3%

Bust rates among first-round picks, 25-year sample

Position Drafted Busts     Bust rate

RB           96           45           46.9%

QB          57           23           40.4%

DL           170         60           35.3%

WR         99           30           30.3%

CB           91           24           26.4%

G             32           7              21.9%

LB           87           19           21.8%

TE           28           6              21.4%

OT          84           16           19.0%

S              35           5              14.3%

C             12           1              8.3%

Pro Bowl rates among first-round picks, 25-year sample

Position Drafted Pro Bowlers Pro Bowl rate

S              35           18           51.4%

TE           28           13           46.4%

LB           87           37           42.5%

QB          57           24           42.1%

RB           96           40           41.7%

C             12           5              41.7%

G             32           13           40.6%

CB           91           35           38.5%

OT          84           31           36.9%

DL           170         52           30.6%

WR         99           30           30.3%

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, moretti19 said:

I’m thinking we go a 3/4 Defensive End, Corner, or O-Line. 

That's what we want, but won't necessarily get. I'm starting to think that we need to adopt the method that Pittsburgh and Baltimore use for 3-tech IDL: grab a middle of the road, yet solid veteran who can collapse the pocket and get you 7-8 sacks a year, then draft a couple within the 1st and/or 2nd. That said, which IDL do you draft and do you draft him over a OT or Corner; especially given how exposed our secondary was early on Sunday(could've been scheme of course). 

On 12/14/2020 at 3:19 PM, dwaye50327 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing a LB early in next years draft. Micah Parsons would be nice, but he probably won't be there. Maybe even Dylan Moses, read an article that said he's only missed 5 tackles out of 107 attempts. GB could use that kind of tackling on defense.

Dylan Moses' dad would stop that pick a la Archie Manning circa 2004...

Side note: why do people think we're still anemic at ILB? Krys Barnes has been solid for us, Kamal Martin has played well, Kirksey is solid when healthy. Maybe we wouldn't view it as a need if we had more talent in front of them and a DC that wasn't constantly putting only 2 IDL in the box. Just a thought...

Edited by Joe

14 hours ago, Joe said:

Side note: why do people think we're still anemic at ILB? Krys Barnes has been solid for us, Kamal Martin has played well, Kirksey is solid when healthy. Maybe we wouldn't view it as a need if we had more talent in front of them and a DC that wasn't constantly putting only 2 IDL in the box. Just a thought...

There are only a few on here that think ILB is a need.

I believe that even if we had an Urlacher or Lewis, we would still be complaining about our ILB play.  It's all about scheme and who is in front of them.  

Had we drafted Queen, we'd be laughing and crying about how bad he look right now.  No knock against Queen, but he looks kindda bad (to me) in Baltimore.  It would look much worse here.

No problem at all with Martin and Barnes.  I'm actually encouraged by them and no longer view ILB as a want or need.  Kirksey can be gone next year and we won't miss a beat.  He can follow Pettine somewhere else.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

There are only a few on here that think ILB is a need.

I believe that even if we had an Urlacher or Lewis, we would still be complaining about our ILB play.  It's all about scheme and who is in front of them.  

Had we drafted Queen, we'd be laughing and crying about how bad he look right now.  No knock against Queen, but he looks kindda bad (to me) in Baltimore.  It would look much worse here.

No problem at all with Martin and Barnes.  I'm actually encouraged by them and no longer view ILB as a want or need.  Kirksey can be gone next year and we won't miss a beat.  He can follow Pettine somewhere else.

Kirksey I think will be gone just because of his cap hit alone.  Martin and Barnes are just as good for millions less!

11 hours ago, Bleed G&G said:

Kirksey I think will be gone just because of his cap hit alone.  Martin and Barnes are just as good for millions less!

That's pretty much a given.  I don't envision a scenario in which Kirksey is back next year with his cap hit.

So I browse the mocks drafts being out out by various sources just to get a feel on names and where players are expected to go. The common theme for the Packers once again this year is WR in round one. Will the media melt down when, once again, the kick is not a WR? The only linebacker I would want in the first is Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. I think he can be that Raven Greene type player but with more pop to him. Also, he will be long gone. Like others have said, improve the DL and all of a sudden those LB’s get better. 

On 12/17/2020 at 11:12 AM, YaddaHolla said:

Anyone know if Jevon Holland from Oregon would be a good fit for this defense? He was used mainly as a nickel backer in college but he can play anywhere.

he's like CGJ except not good. don't see why he gets day 2 hype. quite a few guys this year who play a similar star kinda role that are better imo