2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

1 hour ago, GHARMON9 said:

Remember his game versus the Bengals? Is that not  the same role? Now that you brought it back up I do remember he didn't want to do LB assignments.

Yeah, idk why he didnt embrace the role. pretty substantive one in todays game.. I think maybe he's changed his mind with Jax (and being forced out of the NFL for a bit). donno though. Jax stinks so im not gonna watch that. lol

2 hours ago, Victor1124 said:

This is also my hope for the draft, which means it is not likely to happen; grab a DL in the 1st, CB in the 2nd, and then OC or RT in the 3rd. 

Would like to see us add a veteran run stuffer along with a first round pick. Those two things, along with Keke developing another year and a healthy Clark could be a quick turnaround for our line. Would also go CB whether we resign King or not. I like Sullivan but if we could upgrade our nickel and dime packages plus have insurance for King, that would be great. 

DL and CB in the first two rounds....... right. Looking at the MockDraftMachine as it stands now, in round one you might get any of those shown below.
(their current projected draft position is shown below in red),

Edge [44] Aiadan Hutchinson (Michigan) 6'5, 278.    IDL [52] Christian Barmore (Alabama) 6'5", 310.      CB [34] Shaun Wade (Ohio St.) 6'1", 194.  CB [36] Derion Kendrick (Clemson) 6'0", 190.
It is just possible CB [24] Eric Stokes (Georgia) 6'1", 185 could still be there.......... while DL [23] Tufele is listed as the top IDL and is pretty unlikely to drop to the Packers pick.

In round 2 there might be:

Edge [63] Carlos Basham Jr (Wake Forest) 6'5", 275.     IDL [68] Darius Stills (W.Virginia) 6'1", 281. IDL [71] Marvin Wilson (Florida St.) 6'5", 311. CB [60] Paulson Adebo (Stanford) 6'1", 190.

Any favourite round 1 or two picks there ?

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm totally fine paying King to play 70% of the games in the season. 

I know that's a touchy subject for a lot of the armchair GMs in these parts, but an 8/10 CB for 12 games a year is far better than a 5/10 for 16. That's worth 10 per to me all day. Especially with the fact we have a late 30s QB and need to win now.

If we don't re-sign Aaron Jones or Linsley, and cut Lowry + Kirksey, then I'm cool with signing King. I am also ok with signing Linsley and letting King go. As you said, we have an old QB, so I'd like to keep the protection. I also like Wagner and feel at his $ he is worth keeping. Also cool with cutting Billy Turner if we keep Linsley and letting Patrick/Runyan play that spot with Wagner at RT. Lots of options. 

With the amount we will have to pay Jaire I would rather draft another corner and/or sign a vet cheaper than King, unless we can get King for one of those 3/30 deals the NFL was handing out like candy last year

27 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

DL and CB in the first two rounds....... right. Looking at the MockDraftMachine as it stands now, in round one you might get any of those shown below.
(their current projected draft position is shown below in red),

Edge [44] Aiadan Hutchinson (Michigan) 6'5, 278.    IDL [52] Christian Barmore (Alabama) 6'5", 310.      CB [34] Shaun Wade (Ohio St.) 6'1", 194.  CB [36] Derion Kendrick (Clemson) 6'0", 190.
It is just possible CB [24] Eric Stokes (Georgia) 6'1", 185 could still be there.......... while DL [23] Tufele is listed as the top IDL and is pretty unlikely to drop to the Packers pick.

In round 2 there might be:

Edge [63] Carlos Basham Jr (Wake Forest) 6'5", 275.     IDL [68] Darius Stills (W.Virginia) 6'1", 281. IDL [71] Marvin Wilson (Florida St.) 6'5", 311. CB [60] Paulson Adebo (Stanford) 6'1", 190.

Marvin Wilson is falling. Haven't really looked into his play as of late, but I'm wondering if he hasn't fixed his pad level. I believe that was the knock on him coming into this year. I'm also going to throw Jaylen Twyman in there as another name to consider. He's 6-2 290 so he's in the Keke size range and probably has room for more healthy weight though I think we may want to keep him at 290-300 depending on whether or not Pettine will be back.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Marvin Wilson is falling. Haven't really looked into his play as of late, but I'm wondering if he hasn't fixed his pad level. I believe that was the knock on him coming into this year. I'm also going to throw Jaylen Twyman in there as another name to consider. He's 6-2 290 so he's in the Keke size range and probably has room for more healthy weight though I think we may want to keep him at 290-300 depending on whether or not Pettine will be back.

Twyman was rated 75th on MockDraftMachine, but given how much players can move around between now and April, he could easily be in the mix.

I'm no QB guru, but Lawrence has bust written all over him IMO. From the few games I've seen, he just screams "college QB" like a Vince Young. His throwing motion is...awful. Huge wind-up, doesn't have natural wrist-flick zip like the elite passer do. What am I missing here? Why isn't he the next Vince Young?

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I'm no QB guru, but Lawrence has bust written all over him IMO. From the few games I've seen, he just screams "college QB" like a Vince Young. His throwing motion is...awful. Huge wind-up, doesn't have natural wrist-flick zip like the elite passer do. What am I missing here? Why isn't he the next Vince Young?

Rodgers had a terrible throwing motion too.

57 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I haven't watched him much because I didn't anticipate us going 1-15 and being in position to draft him. He's been the 1st overall pick since he stepped on campus though. Those guys usually don't miss. Luck was the last one I can remember rated as highly. From the playoff/championship games I've seen, that arm is on a whole different level than Vince though. 

All I know about Lawrence is that most of the draft stuff I read on various sites put him on roughly the same level as Luck as a prospect.

Marino's (TDN) summary of Lawence's positives is fairly typical.  He seems more than fine with the throwing mechanics.

Physically gifted. Has terrific size, athleticism and arm talent. Does well to read coverage and identify leverage. Willing to challenge tight windows and trust his ability to place the football. Has just the right amount of arrogance to believe he can make every throw. Always keeps his eyes down the field and makes subtle moves within the pocket to avoid rushers and find throwing windows. Comfortable navigating the pocket in every direction. Patient and allows for routes to develop without getting panicky. Demonstrates good poise and comfort under pressure. Willing to take an extra hitch when necessary and remain balanced. Ball placement is generally outstanding to all levels of the field. Works the entire field in terms of depth and width. Does well to lead targets into space and maximize post-catch opportunities for his weapons to work. Throwing motion and release are efficient. Quickly snaps off throws with no elongated movement. Deliberate with his lower body mechanics to set his platform and rotate through throws with ideal weight transfer. Has no limitations in terms of arm strength to throw the ball into deep windows and generate the velocity needed for deep outbreaking patterns. Is an excellent runner with the football both by design and when he scrambles. Super tough - takes hits and keeps battling. Isn’t afraid to drop his pad level and challenge tacklers with physicality when a first down is on the line. Comfortable working off-script and keeping plays alive. 

Edited by Mazrimiv

On 12/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

IDL [52] Christian Barmore (Alabama) 6'5", 310.     

I would LOVE Barmore but I don’t see him declaring early this year as he’s a RS-SO.  He’s likely to return and boost his stock to a definite 1st rd pick in 2022. 

23 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Incredible accuracy, arm talent and intelligence. Poise inside the pocket. Able to make plays on the run. 

He's going to be as good as advertised. Andrew Luck without the turnovers and a much better runner. 

22 hours ago, Smidgeon said:

Rodgers had a terrible throwing motion too.

That just isn't true. He had an odd one that was adjusted and tightened up alot,but it wasn't terrible. This is really more of a Vince Young/Tim Tebow slow, wonky release. 

I see the athletic ability, but I don't really see a deadly passer.