2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It's tough to tell where WR's will go right now. 

I would agree.  It's a cluster right now.  You've probably got JaMarr Chase and DeVonta Smith as 1A and 1B.  Jaylen Waddle is probably WR3 at this point, but I can see people being sour on him.  After those three, it's probably a matter of preference.  Rashod Bateman I'd guess is probably the guy who is going to push for WR3, but there's going to be love for guys like Chris Olave, Rondale Moore, Armon-Ra St. Brown, Terrance Marshall, etc.  It's going to be fun to dig into them.

Fun...then possibly...disappointing come draft time!

Can't argue against what Gute and MLF have done, but I sure would like a receiver early if for no other reason than security at the position for the future.

But we sure make it work with what we have.  And then some.

As the talk here had focused on a mid-round wide receiver--then suddenly moved to an early round left tackle because of Bakh's injury, I have two names just for the purpose of discussion. Not claiming to be any kind of expert, but it appears to me that someone like Liam Eichenberg, a 6-6, 305 lb. tackle from Notre Dame, might be had in the middle of round two. And if we are looking for a mid-round receiver, say Round 4, I would toss out the name of Tamorrion Terry, a 6-4, 203 lb. pass catcher from Florida State. Eichenberg might be a little light in the pants--someone who needs to add some weight and strength, but what I read of him seems to support his pass-blocking ability, and he comes from a pretty good program. Terry strikes me as somebody very similar to MVS--he is tall, speedy, goes deep well, but has dropped some passes he shouldn't. The drops are an obvious concern, but good coaching and improved technique might offer some help. Anyway, I thought members might want to consider two guys who could fit our needs but not cost us a top draft pick.

can we just not have Notre Dame in the playoffs anymore???  Everyone knows theyre not going to do anything here, now, or ever.  I cannot recall a playoff appearance where they looked completely out of their depth.  It would have been much more productive to have someone like Cincinnati in there.  

Clemson OSU game already much more entertaining.  Loving the QB shootout.  Fields came to play.  Olave would look pretty good in Green and Gold.  Trey Sermon is looking fantastic

Edited by HeresAGuy

Looks like that Clemson WR that OSU couldn't cover (Cornell Powell) is a late bloomer who could be targeted late if the GB scouts like him.

Jets fans are probably feeling better sitting at #2 after watching Fields take apart Clemson last night.  No denying the arm talent there. Even if this Clemson defense wasn't quite what they have been in the past, they were still very good, and are coached by one of the top DC's (or top sign stealers, depending who you ask) in college football. 

Edited by Mazrimiv

9 hours ago, persiandud said:

Rondale Moore at 32. Manifesting.....

I am not sure I want GB spending a RD1 pick on an undersized player who projects to the Ervin/Austin role and has a history of not being available to play due to lower body issues.

Bateman or Marshall are probably the WR's I'd be looking at in RD1, but I'd be targeting OT/DL/CB well ahead of WR from a need standpoint.

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 1

Justin Fields had an incredible game especially with how banged up he was.  Little nitpick, some of those moves he tried to put on the Clemson players, he will possibly die on the field if he tries those in the NFL.  Im sure it was a learning experience though.  Cemented his #2 status.

How i would love Olave end of round 1, but I gotta see what the rest of the board looks like at 32 and who else could be there.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am not sure I want GB spending a RD1 pick on an undersized player who projects to the Ervin/Austin role and has a history of not being available to play due to lower body issues.

Bateman or Marshall are probably the WR's I'd be looking at in RD1, but I'd be targeting OT/DL/CB well ahead of WR from a need standpoint.

Agreed. Moore doesn't have the long-range speed that Tyreek Hill has either. I've got a feeling that Moore will disappoint at the combine given what I've read about him...