2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

On 1/26/2021 at 12:25 AM, fattlipp said:

Travis Etienne for me if he’s there,  having a thunder and lightning backfield would be great, and he’s basically a faster Kamara that can be split out in the slot...we can then let Jones and Williams walk....

I'm usually super anti running back in R1, but with us being in the bottom of the round and with how much we use our running backs and the fact the Etienne is also a really good receiver out of the backfield, I'd be down with him at pick 29.

Kenneth Gainwell and Michael Carter are also good options in R3-4 if Etienne is gone at our R1 pick.

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

I think WR is in that 2nd tier.

GB has is 1-7 round picks plus 3 comp picks projected to be 4, 5, 6 rounders.

Feels like round 1 has to be the typical GB premium position OT, DL, CB

Those next 4 picks.....2, 3, 4, 4 will be very important for filling some potential holes.

FA will shape some of this for sure 

I think WR depends on what they do with Davante Adams.  I think he's actually one of the few guys that goes and gets a 3rd contract.  I know OTC is projecting a 4th for Blake Martinez and a 5th for Bryan Bulaga, but I think they're both going to be 4th round picks.

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Can he really be an option?  I kind of agree though. Why would they keep him around otherwise?

After not seeing him for a year hard to say. All the physical tools. The feet were so far away it's hard to even say how the hands were. Big opportunity in the preseason for him. Definitely wouldn't stop me from adding a dude though.

1 hour ago, chillparsi1 said:

So same list I had, minus WR. I'm curious why you leave WR out there? We have Davante, yes, and Lazard had a good bump this year, but it essentially would force our hand to resign Davante or go on a wing and a prayer without him. 

I think Davante Adams is an extension candidate this offseason.  And I think the salary comp is pretty clearly Julio Jones.  It might lower the Packers' cap hit next year a little bit, but I don't think it drops much.  It wouldn't be surprising to me if the Packers tried to ink Lazard to a cheap, short deal.  If you extrapolate Lazard's numbers over 16 games, he would have finished with 53 receptions, 722 receiving yards, and 5 TD receptions.  That would T-65th in receptions and 52nd in receiving yards.  I really don't even have a contract comp here.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I think WR depends on what they do with Davante Adams.  I think he's actually one of the few guys that goes and gets a 3rd contract.  I know OTC is projecting a 4th for Blake Martinez and a 5th for Bryan Bulaga, but I think they're both going to be 4th round picks.

I agree on Adams being extended.   Just there is not much after him.   Looking to 2022, Lazard, MVS, EQ, Funchess are all UFA

14 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

Honestly, I think this is the year we give AR a solid. I'm going to go bold and say we go Etiene at 30, and trade up for R Moore/Toney in the mid second.

There's probably less than a 1% chance we take a RB in the first round.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, squire12 said:

I agree on Adams being extended.   Just there is not much after him.   Looking to 2022, Lazard, MVS, EQ, Funchess are all UFA

I would agree.  I think one of Lazard or MVS gets a short-term deal this offseason.  Lazard is listed as an ERFA on both Spotrac and OTC, which means we have 2 more years of team control.  If that's accurate, I thought he was a RFA.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

We're picking 29th  It's boring.

Last #29 on the nose....
Nick Barnett - #29 - 2003

Recent closest:
Kenny Clark - #27 - 2016
Nick Perry - #28 - 2012
Damarious Randall - #30 - 2015

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

End of the first round is usually where anything and anyone can be taken.

Trade back?  Yes.  Certainly in play.

Trade up?  We typically like and want to do that.

Take a RB, ILB, G?  Why not.  I seem to recall that a lot of good running backs go at the end of round one or into round 2.

Like I don't want a RB with the first pick.  But if he is dynamic and I'm looking at him or the 4'th IDL that needs to develop, well then RB is looking better.

I just hope we don't outsmart ourselves and take something crazy, like drafting a safety to play corner, just to name a recent example.

• Like 1