2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

End of the first round is usually where anything and anyone can be taken.

Trade back?  Yes.  Certainly in play.

Trade up?  We typically like and want to do that.

Take a RB, ILB, G?  Why not.  I seem to recall that a lot of good running backs go at the end of round one or into round 2.

Like I don't want a RB with the first pick.  But if he is dynamic and I'm looking at him or the 4'th IDL that needs to develop, well then RB is looking better.

I just hope we don't outsmart ourselves and take something crazy, like drafting a safety to play corner, just to name a recent example.

Josh Jackson played to honor his dad's memory Sunday

48 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Didn’t we pass on TJ Watt before #29?

yes. Traded down to pick 33 and picked up the first pick on Day 3 which we blew on Vince Biegel when Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen, Montae Nicholson, and Deatrich Wise were still on the board...

1 hour ago, Joe said:

yes. Traded down to pick 33 and picked up the first pick on Day 3 which we blew on Vince Biegel when Eddie Jackson, Tarik Cohen, Montae Nicholson, and Deatrich Wise were still on the board...

Not trying to take a dig on you here, but is this being said in hindsight? I remember there were A LOT of people pretty excited about that Biegel pick at the time it was made. 

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Not trying to take a dig on you here, but is this being said in hindsight? I remember there were A LOT of people pretty excited about that Biegel pick at the time it was made. 

Don't think folks are that upset about Beigel one way or another,  everybody is upset about passing on TJ Watt who was sitting there for the Packers.  Trading down for any extra pick with him sitting there was a very bad move.

38 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Only because he was a Badger. There were lots of questions as to what kind of fit he would be, which proved to be his downfall here. Honestly, I do think we shouldn't have given up on him so quickly...

5 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Probably but he would be a younger, maybe faster version of A Jones. Depends a little on how things play out with Rogers. 

I mean, I'm all for getting similar production that Aaron Jones has given us the past 2 years for a reduced price, but you don't draft a RB on Day 1.  Period.  It's OT or defense if you're not drafting a QB.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Like I don't want a RB with the first pick.  But if he is dynamic and I'm looking at him or the 4'th IDL that needs to develop, well then RB is looking better.

If the Packers didn't draft AJ Dillon in the 2nd round last year, I would probably tend to be agree.

4 hours ago, Joe said:

Other than Eddie Jackson, none of those guys are that good.

3 hours ago, Nick_gb said:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588111

I distinctly remember having discussions that TJ Watt sucked because there was no way he could be as good as JJ Watt.

23 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

Would love tyson Campbell cb from georgia.

would be a nightmare scenario for me so it'll probably happen. dude is roooouuuugh. he's stiff kevin king with no idea how to track balls and even if he does track it fails to make a good play on it hardly ever. and he's a dull personality that brings no juice to the room. take kevin king and strip away anything that makes him a worthwhile guy in the league. and i strongly dislike kevin king. 

Edited by FinneasGage

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If the Packers didn't draft AJ Dillon in the 2nd round last year, I would probably tend to be agree.

Me too.  

I'd much rather go RB in rounds 4-7, due to Dillon being on the roster and where he was drafted.

Point is, when you are at the end of the first round and there is a difference maker there, you kind of take him even if it is not a "premium" position.