2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

Aaron Rodgers for Deshaun Watson, straight up.  

Heard that Watson wants to come here and that Rodgers wants to steal from the Texans.

Honestly, I did, I have sources!!!

See...I can be Florio.  Just put the hamsters on the wheel and let them do their thing.

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

If we were to trade Love and our RD 1 pick. How high I’m the first do you think we could go?

I don't think there will be much interest in the top 15 for Love with Fields, Wilson, and Lance all being potentially available. 

I think we would more likely see the WFT or Indy trade for Love plus a mid-round pick than for us to break into the top 15.

If GB were to trade Love (which I see as highly unlikely), I would have less than 7 teams interested. I would imagine it would take Love + 3rd/4th round pick to get into the 1st round. Potential teams WFT, Indy, NYJ*, NE, PIT, and NO that could realistically get us a 1st round pick in return. I wouldn't see the value in adding our 1st + Love, as we wouldn't move up enough.

1.       JAX – Lawerence

2.       NYJ – Choice of Fields, Wilson, or Lance

3.       MIA – Stick w/ Tua or trade for Watson

4.       ATL – Choice of Fields, Wilson, or Lance (Matt Ryan is still around as well)

5.       CIN – Burrow

6.       PHI – Wentz or Hurts

7.       DET – GB won’t trade Love within the division  (Will need a young QB if Stafford is traded)

8.       CAR – Choice of Fields, Wilson, or Lance if the board falls right for them. Might be interested in a 2nd round pick for Love if they don't take a QB in round 1. Trading Love for a 2nd, would seem like a bad investment. 

9.       DEN – Stick with Lock or pursue veteran QB (Stafford?)

10.   DAL – Have to believe they’ll stick w/ DAK

11.   NYG – Assuming the organization still believes in Jones

12.   SF – More likely to pursue a vet QB like Stafford, Ryan, or Watson (Team capable of winning now)

13.   LAC – Herbert

14.   MIN – GB won’t trade Love within the division (Hoping they stick w/ Cousins long term)

15.   NE – Watson or Stafford? Mac Jones over Love?

16.   ARI – Murray

17.   LV – You never know with this organization. I’d bet they stick with Carr or trade for Watson.

18.   MIA – Stick w/ Tua

19.   WAS – Unlikely to have the top 4 QB prospects fall. Mac Jones > Love?

20.   CHI – GB won’t trade Love within the division, plus they have their QB of the future… MT

21.   IND – Rivers retired, will probably pursue Stafford. I believe Indy had interest in Love last year and were the reason GB traded up.

22.   TEN – Tannehil has solidified the QB position for the Titans

23.   NYJ* – If they pass on a QB at #2, could have interest in Love

24.   PIT – Could have interest in Love, they traded their 1st pick last year to Miami.

25.   JAX – Lawerence at #1

26.   CLE – Mayfield

27.   BAL – Jackson

28.   NO – Winston?

Edited by dust247
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I'm all for getting similar production that Aaron Jones has given us the past 2 years for a reduced price, but you don't draft a RB on Day 1.  Period.  It's OT or defense if you're not drafting a QB.

While I tend to agree, the draft dictates that to some extent. If Etinene is a solid 1st round grade you don’t reach for an OT or any defense player not raises a #1.  

I said the same thing last year; if Love is your highest rated player and you don’t have another #1 grade for anyone, crazy not to go get him. Trading down is not always a given. Teams knowing your going down will low ball you. 

5 minutes ago, dust247 said:

I don't think there will be much interest in the top 15 for Love with Fields, Wilson, and Lance all being potentially available. 

I think we would more likely see the WFT or Indy trade for Love plus a mid-round pick than for us to break into the top 15.

If GB were to trade Love (which I see as highly unlikely), I would have less than 7 teams interested. I would imagine it would take Love + 3rd/4th round pick to get into the 1st round. Potential teams WFT, Indy, NYJ*, NE, PIT, and NO.

1.       JAX – Lawerence

2.       NYJ – Choice of Fields, Wilson, or Lance

3.       MIA – Stick w/ Tua or trade for Watson

4.       ATL – Choice of Fields, Wilson, or Lance (Matt Ryan is still around as well)

5.       CIN – Burrow

6.       PHI – Wentz or Hurts

7.       DET – GB won’t trade Love within the division  (Will need a young QB if Stafford is traded)

8.       CAR – Choice of Fields, Wilson, or Lance if they board falls right for them. Might be interested in a 2nd round for Love if they don't take a QB in round 1. Trading Love for a 2nd, would seem like a bad investment. 

9.       DEN – Stick with Lock or pursue veteran QB (Stafford?)

10.   DAL – Have to believe they’ll stick w/ DAK

11.   NYG – Assuming the organization still believes in Jones

12.   SF – More likely to pursue a vet QB like Stafford, Ryan, or Watson (Team capable of winning now)

13.   LAC – Herbert

14.   MIN – GB won’t trade Love within the division (Hoping they stick w/ Cousins long term)

15.   NE – Watson or Stafford? Mac Jones over Love?

16.   ARI – Murray

17.   LV – You never know with this organization. I’d bet they stick with Carr or trade for Watson.

18.   MIA – Stick w/ Tua

19.   WAS – Unlikely to have the top 4 QB prospects fall. Mac Jones > Love?

20.   CHI – GB won’t trade Love within the division, plus they have their QB of the future… MT

21.   IND – Rivers retired, will probably pursue Stafford. I believe Indy had interest in Love last year and were the reason GB traded up.

22.   TEN – Tannehil has solidified the QB position for the Titans

23.   NYJ* – If they pass on a QB at #2, could have interest in Love

24.   PIT – Could have interest in Love, they traded their 1st pick last year to Miami.

25.   JAX – Lawerence at #1

26.   CLE – Mayfield

27.   BAL – Jackson

28.   NO – Winston?

While I like and agree with a lot of what you posted, Max Jones is not a better prospect than Love.  Nearly half of his completions were at or behind the LOS and like 33% of his yards were after the catch. 

I want best available player from one of these positions DL, ILB, CB, WR, OT in rounds 1-4, no more drafting H-backs and Jordan Loves and punters and 3rd string players (as great as Dillon looked at times)

Rodgers has a small small window left and we need to act like it finally for fooks sake 

45 minutes ago, StartBarr said:

I want best available player from one of these positions DL, ILB, CB, WR, OT in rounds 1-4, no more drafting H-backs and Jordan Loves and punters and 3rd string players (as great as Dillon looked at times)

Rodgers has a small small window left and we need to act like it finally for fooks sake 

You are going to be surprised with Dillon and DeGuera coming back next year; nothing wrong with them being drafted last year.  The window is getting smaller no doubt but Gute got a couple tricks up his sleeve I'm thinking.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, StartBarr said:

The Love selection by itself wasn't that strange or hard to understand.  Trading up for him was the eye opener.

Complaining about the Dillon pick is going to look silly a year from now.  If he can take the punishment, GB is going to be running Dillon into the ground over the next few years.

29 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

The Love selection by itself wasn't that strange or hard to understand.  Trading up for him was the eye opener.

There was somebody (Indy?) thought to be lurking with intent to nab Love.....and I guess GB wanted the guy.

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

Complaining about the Dillon pick is going to look silly a year from now.  If he can take the punishment, GB is going to be running Dillon into the ground over the next few years.

Hey listen, they definitely know more about running an NFL franchise and I think complaining about the AJ Dillon pick already looks silly if ya ask me.

I just wish we held off on the premature QB prospect pick (if that’s a thing) and the Deguara pick. I’d have been much happier going WR and DL or something but hey we got close, our weapons proved to be sufficient, Rodgers played amazing, coach is young and usually is a strength, lots of good young players still here even if we lose A Jones, Linsley, Kevin King (yes please ✌️)

9 hours ago, moretti19 said:

If we were to trade Love and our RD 1 pick. How high I’m the first do you think we could go?

28.  But realistically, Love's value probably isn't that high.  If you liked him last year, you probably still like him although he's slightly less valuable since he has 1 year off of his rookie contract.  And one less year in his rookie contract.  It really doesn't get you up very far.  Maybe it gets you up to #21 (Indianapolis) or #24 (Pittsburgh), but it's not going to be a sizable jump.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StartBarr said:

How quickly you forget how good AJ Dillon and Josiah Deguara looked in limited time.  Let's just draft WRs with all of our picks.  That wins championships.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

While I tend to agree, the draft dictates that to some extent. If Etinene is a solid 1st round grade you don’t reach for an OT or any defense player not raises a #1.  

I said the same thing last year; if Love is your highest rated player and you don’t have another #1 grade for anyone, crazy not to go get him. Trading down is not always a given. Teams knowing your going down will low ball you. 

Because it's usually not that black and white.  You're largely have players graded out on tiers.  You're very rarely going to find franchises who use numerical rankings.  That's more of a draftnik thing.  How many times have you had a non-premium position as a player who is on a different tier than other players?  It really doesn't happen as often as much as you think.  TBH, I think the last time that I saw a tier difference on a non-premium position was 2005 when I had AJ Hawk and Vernon Davis as the last of the "elite" tier and both were non-premium positions.  There's also the trade variable.  There are teams that are likely interested in moving up.  You might not get 4 quarters for that dollar you're selling.  But you can get 95 cents for that dollar, and you're moving into a group of players you think can have that same level of impact but not have that confidence there.

So who are some favorite prospects from this years draft, I'm telling you one that I just enjoy watching and that's David Moore from Grambling. I believe that kid is going to be a stud and a dog on any offensive line, so who is someone y'all are keeping an eye on or who has stood out.