2021 NFL Draft Thread

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's the first UWW player I've ever respected and it's only cause he goes in the woods and benches logs.

He really does embody the essentials of a Wisconsinite lol

17 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Adams, MVS, ESB and Funchess will all be UFA's in 2022. Lazard is an ERFA now. Will that make him RFA in 2022? At any rate, no matter how you feel about Packers WR's, probably need to start restocking this year. 

I mean, look at the WRs the Packers have brought in since LaFleur and Gute took over.  It's stocked with Day 3 picks and UDFAs.  It very well could be that the WR position is being devalued.

9 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Toney is the easy pick if he's there. We wanted that high end gadget/athlete last year in Aiyuck, but he was gone. Getting Toney solves the return issues and adds the element.

D'Wayne Eskridge could fill the same role. Might not go as high as Toney. Packers did okay the last time they took a WR from Western Michigan. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/dwayne-eskridge-nfl-draft-player-profile-western-michigan-wide-receiver/

41 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

Toney is the easy pick if he's there. We wanted that high end gadget/athlete last year in Aiyuck, but he was gone. Getting Toney solves the return issues and adds the element.

I'd love the pick.  I think Packers need a speed weapon on offense and a threat on special teams.  His nifty shiftiness would be a great add for this Packers team.

21 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I'd love the pick.  I think Packers need a speed weapon on offense and a threat on special teams.  His nifty shiftiness would be a great add for this Packers team.

We have one of the best speed weapons in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We have one of the best speed weapons in the NFL.

MVS .. oh yeah, how soon we forget ;)  I still like the skillset of what a guy like Toney could bring to the table.  MVS running deep routes ... Toney taking quick hitters to the house, and a real threat on special teams.

When I look at what the Packers have at CB behind Jaire and King (who is a free agent) I'm not thinking WR in 1st round. Then again, with the success Ted had with WR's in 2nd round, I'm never thinking WR in 1st round. 

24 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We blew our shot for an early round WR last season. For me, it's gotta be defense early and often in the draft this year. You could argue we may need to take two CBs reasonably high again because that room is gutted. King will be gone, Jackson is a bust and they apparently don't hold Hollman in high regard either given that he was inactive the last several weeks. That leaves some PS holdovers, Sullivan (who is fresh off being toasted all day by TB) and Alexander. 

Then after CB, you have IDL and EDGE which need depth and new talent (presumably P. Smith is gone). 

The FA WR market is deep af this year. If the Packers choose not to pay Jones or Linsley, you use those dollars to get a Davis or Fuller. 

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

We blew our shot for an early round WR last season. For me, it's gotta be defense early and often in the draft this year. You could argue we may need to take two CBs reasonably high again because that room is gutted. King will be gone, Jackson is a bust and they apparently don't hold Hollman in high regard either given that he was inactive the last several weeks. That leaves some PS holdovers, Sullivan (who is fresh off being toasted all day by TB) and Alexander. 

We had the #1 offense and you're still fussing about WRs?  

9 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

We had the #1 offense and you're still fussing about WRs?  

Yes. We had the No. 1 offense for a lot of reasons. Having a top WR core was not one of them. Moreover, the GM agrees with me, not you. He tried to get Robinson. He tried to get Sanders. He tried to get Fuller. He signed Funchess. And he reportedly was set on taking a WR in the 1st or 2nd round but the board didn't fall right. So we settled with what we had and made it work. That's not code for "we're fine." Not a lot of teams have success stopping us on defense, but the few that do, always do it the same way -- take away (double) 17 and make the other guys beat you, especially against aggressive man coverage. It's a weakness on this team, whether you feel it's a small one or big one. 

That being said, I have no desire to draft a WR in the top 2 rounds this year. We need defense. However, if we have any extra money, I'm going after a FA WR, especially if we lose Jones as one of our offensive play-makers.