2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

If someone can say "other than the 3 INT's" the defense was bad in the NFCC, I guess I can also say that other then the TD to end Q2, the defense in the NFCC was pretty good.

The GB turnovers to end Q2 and start Q3 were what lost the game for GB.

48 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If someone can say "other than the 3 INT's" the defense was bad in the NFCC, I guess I can also say that other then the TD to end Q2, the defense in the NFCC was pretty good.

9-14 on 3rd down and one of those successful 3rd down defenses was the INT.  So they made 4 stops in 13 tries.  That's terribad.  I can't comprehend how anyone is making excuses for the defensive performance.  The Packers may have won the TO battle, but they got destroyed defensively on 3rd down.  Offense put up 26 points.  If you would have told me that the Packers put up 26 points, I would have liked my chances to win.  If you would have told me the Bucs would have 31 points, I'd be skeptical of my chances to win.

EDIT: And I also consider TOs to be volatile and largely a byproduct of circumstance.  I mean, the Will Redmond non-INT, would you consider that a good play?  It should have been an INT, but he didn't make the play.

The mid round RB I'm liking right now is Khalil Herbert. I see a lot of Aaron Jones in high (low center of gravity, compact, wiggle, breakaway speed). A room with Dillon/him/random third works for me.

The more I think of it, I honestly would be surprised if we didn't do another shotgun RB in the mid rounds strat. If we draft 2 between R4-5, 1 is going to be useable and we can pair that with Dillon.

On 2/6/2021 at 8:45 AM, Mazrimiv said:

The INTs happened at the Green Bay 18, 22, and 28 I believe. A turnover is a turnover, but how about a 3 and out every once in a blue moon to create field position for the offense ?? If the defense could hold anyone under 30, the Packers would have 37 more rings

Edit: maybe 38

Edited by cannondale

Ben Fennell -    Can Mac Jones be a Brady, Rivers, Peyton, Brees, Matt Ryan etc pocket passing/statue type and win thru straight dropback passing?  I'd bet no.

Or would a more manageable expectation be... Jared Goff or Nick Foles? QBs that you can win with in a well-constructed, balanced system.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:59 PM, Nick_gb said:

Anyone else intrigued by Jalen Mayfield? 

For me, yes.  Very interested in the player for us (believe he could play left but natural RT) and I see value at 29.  Team might have him at 22 or 49.  I have no idea.  Value is the driver but I like to draft bigs, and at 29 I like OT's, or D-Linemen for us.  Can't argue with CB either.  But value decides.

25 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't think McNeill will last until day 3.  Would be a huge steal if he did though.

I don't think he'll last until Day 3 either. The question I have is whether he can do more than play NT. If not, do you want to use a 3rd round pick on a guy who will just give Clark some rest?

I’ve been working on a Mock offseason all week that had McNeill coming to GB in the 3rd and Mayfield in the 1st - Now I may have to wipe the whole thing but was really looking forward to the 2nd round pick that likely would have raised a lot of eyebrows.