2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

15 hours ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I don't think McNeill will last until day 3.  Would be a huge steal if he did though.

That's where TDN has him at the moment. I'd pick him in the 3rd if I had my choice or in the 2nd if there were a run on IDL.

I watched the Mayfield clip.  Came away a little confused.

He looked pretty slow on many reps.  Feet were actually okay and moving, but he just looked slow.

Back was straight and good.

He must be powerful in the lower body, because he didn't really get rocked backwards.

Hate his stance when in a pass set.  But, that is how Bakh sets up, too, with his outside foot set really far back.

Looks like he is very technically sound.  He knows where the run holes should be, and he works himself through the mess and the blocks to get his back to the hole.  Once he gets onto a guy, typically he stands them up and neutralizes them.  Couple of times he pancaked.

Saw him scrape on linebackers with ease.

Regarding his speed...I didn't see elite footspeed, but when he had to run to get to a linebacker, he got there pretty fast and under control.

Saw a little nasty in him, when around a pile for clean up blocks.  Saw some good hustle.

I have nothing to compare him against, but he looks the part of a solid RT.

• Like 1

After browsing some mocks, Barmore was still available at 29. I'm curious: do you guys entertain that pick if he's there ITR?

I'd imagine he'd be a force of nature next to Clark and give him a nice dose of much-needed help, especially if we manage to sign Watt. Talk about a 180 in terms of run D, which already showed improvement towards the end of last year.

33 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

After browsing some mocks, Barmore was still available at 29. I'm curious: do you guys entertain that pick if he's there ITR?

I'd imagine he'd be a force of nature next to Clark and give him a nice dose of much-needed help, especially if we manage to sign Watt. Talk about a 180 in terms of run D, which already showed improvement towards the end of last year.

I'd go and get him regardless what happens with Watt.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KManX89 said:

He would be on my list.  But I would also need to see which corners are there as well as OT's.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I would imagine we are looking for a offensive tackle, cornerback, or defensive tackle in the first round.

If we are thinking defensive tackle, it would be nice if Barmore was there but most of the mocks that I have seen have him going anywhere from 18-28.  The defensive tackle that should be there is Nixon from Iowa, who I believe is a more complete player currently in terms of playing both the run and the pass.  I've seen mocks with him generally being selected between the 27th and the 42th pick of the draft.  Would you be happy with him?

• Like 1

Ben Fennell -    My vote for Day 3 RB with the best vision - Oregon State RB Jermar Jefferson.

Perfect style for OZ fit. He’s upright, high cut, leggy. Can be patient behind LOS and then accelerate/dart through the defense. Might be my favorite slasher type of back in the class.

I'm relenting on my crusade to get quarterback Aaron Rodgers first-round help. If the board falls this way, Bateman (Minnesota), Moore (Ole Miss), Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU) and Tutu Atwell (Louisville) would all be available here, and the Packers could even add Harris at running back to alleviate a potential loss of free agent Aaron Jones. But frankly, it's clear at this point that the Packers are more likely to add a receiver or running back on Day 2, perhaps even one of those five names. Why project something if history tells us it won't happen?

McShay is evolving lol

He mocked Aaron Robinson | CB | UCF btw

12 hours ago, persiandud said:

I've seen Rondale Moore mocked to us in the 2nd round. 😍 I would love it 

While that would present great value for addressing other spots with the top pick like Corner, I highly doubt he makes it all the way to our 2nd pick just based on the mocks I've seen. Stranger things have happened, though, Lacy fell to our 60th pick in 2013, though he had a hamstring injury affecting his draft stock.

Also, assuming we do a ton of restructuring/resigning to clear up cap space (Z and Adams can be extended to clear up cap space for this year and Preston could be cut), should we make a run at Jason Verrett? I know he's had injury problems, but he was a top 10 PFF coverage corner in his second (mostly) healthy season last year, so what say you to offering him an incentive-laden deal? IF he stays healthy with us, and that's a big if, we'd have a deadly CB tandem playing across from Jaire.