2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

On 2/18/2021 at 8:46 AM, vegas492 said:

He would be on my list.  But I would also need to see which corners are there as well as OT's.

Exactly.

Actually though, I doubt he (Barmore) will be available at 29. Because he's the best of a rather weak DT class (at least at the top) I think that increases the chance he'll be drafted earlier than he should be. Some team with a real need at DT may reach for him. 

Edited by Brat&Beer
  • Like 1

Some draft trivia. I dont know any of these guys but since its a position of interest for us......

Ben Fennell  -   I wouldn't take Christian Barmore or Daviyon Nixon in the 1st Round. And I'm not sure there are any iDL worthy of Day 1 selections this year.

Some of my favorite IDL:

Day 2: Togiai, Twyman, Tufele, Onwuzurike, Odighizuwa

Day 3: Wilson, Ray, Tuipulotu, McNeill, Shelvin

...while we're here, Jordan Davis (went back to UGA for 2021) is not a 1st rounder for the 2022 NFL Draft.

Stout, strong, massive one-dimensional run plugger - he's good at that, but he is what he is. That player doesn't come with high draft value

3 hours ago, Leader said:

Some draft trivia. I dont know any of these guys but since its a position of interest for us......

Ben Fennell  -   I wouldn't take Christian Barmore or Daviyon Nixon in the 1st Round. And I'm not sure there are any iDL worthy of Day 1 selections this year.

Some of my favorite IDL:

Day 2: Togiai, Twyman, Tufele, Onwuzurike, Odighizuwa

Day 3: Wilson, Ray, Tuipulotu, McNeill, Shelvin add Slaton here too. Moves good for a man 6’5” 360#. 

...while we're here, Jordan Davis (went back to UGA for 2021) is not a 1st rounder for the 2022 NFL Draft.

Stout, strong, massive one-dimensional run plugger - he's good at that, but he is what he is. That player doesn't come with high draft value

I like Twyman at 29. Explosive 3T to play next to Clark. Glad he didn’t play this year because if he had improved on his junior year, I don’t think he’d be there at 29.

If we could get Watt to play 5T here, that’s a DL that can stuff the run and get after the QB on early downs. 

Edited by MantyWrestler

On 2/18/2021 at 1:25 AM, KManX89 said:

After browsing some mocks, Barmore was still available at 29. I'm curious: do you guys entertain that pick if he's there ITR?

I'd imagine he'd be a force of nature next to Clark and give him a nice dose of much-needed help, especially if we manage to sign Watt. Talk about a 180 in terms of run D, which already showed improvement towards the end of last year.

Barmore is probably the only DT I can see being the RD1 pick.

I am hoping for OT/CB at 29, and then DT in RD2.  Maybe Tufele.  I am not as geeked by the prospect of signing Watt as most GB fans seem to be.  No doubt it would be a great story, but with GB being so short on cap space, I'm not really into risking that kind of money on an aging player with an extensive injury history.

16 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

What brings you to that conclusion?

I would guess he means a more Tyler Ervin, Tarik Cohen, Tavon Austin type of guy.  Dillon can catch the screens and stuff in the flats just fine.  He is not the threat to motion out wide and either draw, or beat coverage like Aaron Jones did.  That just isn't Dillon's game.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would guess he means a more Tyler Ervin, Tarik Cohen, Tavon Austin type of guy.  Dillon can catch the screens and stuff in the flats just fine.  He is not the threat to motion out wide and either draw, or beat coverage like Aaron Jones did.  That just isn't Dillon's game.  

I guess his use of the word “trust” had me thinking he meant he had bad hands or something like that.