2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Who are the not teddy bear cornerbacks in the draft?

Kevin King is like the Kyler Fackrell of cornerbacks and probably wishes receivers good luck before every snap.

Kyler Fackrell sacks receivers before every snap.  I will not stand for this slander of the Sack-master!

Haven't really heard any buzz about Jackson Carman? Seems like he could come in day 1 and take over our RT position. According to Walter Football

3/6/21: Carman was a solid left tackle for Clemson in 2020, including putting together a good performance against Notre Dame. While he played tackle for Clemson, some scouts feel Carman's best fit might be as a guard in the NFL - others still believe he can start at left tackle in the NFL. The team sources who like Carman see him as an easy mover for a large, thick offensive lineman. They feel he has left tackle ability but has some technical issues to fix. With his excellent combination of size and athleticism, Carman has a real shot to go late in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft to a playoff team that is looking for a prospect with a true first-round skill set.

"Carman is going to shoot up boards this spring due to his size, athletic ability, and versatility," said one director of college scouting. "I would not be surprised if he went late [on Day 1 during the 2021 NFL Draft]."

On 3/4/2021 at 7:54 PM, MaximusGluteus said:

You had Burrow ahead of Herbert and Eason ahead of Hurts.

Uh....you're disagreeing with a direct quote of mine. Got any evidence to the contrary or are you just trying to start $### with me...

3 hours ago, moretti19 said:

Haven't really heard any buzz about Jackson Carman? Seems like he could come in day 1 and take over our RT position. According to Walter Football

3/6/21: Carman was a solid left tackle for Clemson in 2020, including putting together a good performance against Notre Dame. While he played tackle for Clemson, some scouts feel Carman's best fit might be as a guard in the NFL - others still believe he can start at left tackle in the NFL. The team sources who like Carman see him as an easy mover for a large, thick offensive lineman. They feel he has left tackle ability but has some technical issues to fix. With his excellent combination of size and athleticism, Carman has a real shot to go late in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft to a playoff team that is looking for a prospect with a true first-round skill set.

"Carman is going to shoot up boards this spring due to his size, athletic ability, and versatility," said one director of college scouting. "I would not be surprised if he went late [on Day 1 during the 2021 NFL Draft]."

Not a fit for us. He struggles with speed and speed-to-power rushers, which KILLED our OL in both games against Tampa Bay. Carman seems like the type of OL that'll wind up in Baltimore and will shift to RT.

14 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Wrong.  The best RT is the best guard with the possibility of being the best RT.

Ain’t no damn guard at 29 gonna be able to be the best RT.

And this is Aaron Rodgers.  When was the last time Rodgers has lost a postseason game because of interior pressure?

WR I could accept at 29.  ILB I could accept.  Hell, with LaFleur as our head coach, a complete TE I could accept.

But if the Packers draft a ****ing guard 29th overall I’m done with football for the rest of my short, meaningless life.

A guard at 29 would make sense if he was really good/would start and it meant moving Jenkins to OT.

I get not loving the positional value but:

1. we could use improvement at 1 ol spot

2. we’ve seen a black hole ruin a long in 2018

3. At 29 you kind of need to take what’s there. You are not getting a top flight prospect at premo positions. You’re getting guys with flaws or traits with questionable tape. Our picks in the last 20 years between 25- 35 include 1 HR (Clay), a few nice pieces (Clark, Barnett, Perry) and a lot of meh/busts (king, Randall, d Jones, Sherrod, Carrol, A Edwards). 

3 hours ago, Joe said:

Uh....you're disagreeing with a direct quote of mine. Got any evidence to the contrary or are you just trying to start $### with me...

If you don't feel like reading it, the last sentence says:

"He is (referring to Eason), FWIW, #4 on my QB board behind Burrow, Herbert, and Tagovailoa and well above the rest."

Edited by MaximusGluteus
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

If you don't feel like reading it, the last sentence says:

"He is (referring to Eason), FWIW, #4 on my QB board behind Burrow, Herbert, and Tagovailoa and well above the rest."

Kudos on that one.  I was absolutely wrong on Herbert.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

The internet never forgets.  He found your old post, which was not the same as your new post.  Happens.

Right, but that's pre-combine and before the National Championship game. I'm not going to dig through old threads like a troll, but I looked back at my last spreadsheet from that year which said otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Right, but that's pre-combine and before the National Championship game. I'm not going to dig through old threads like a troll, but I looked back at my last spreadsheet from that year which said otherwise.

Isn't that like saying the dog ate your homework?

I don't know that he is being a troll.  Just pointing out your own words.  Not that this is a court of law, but it is the court of internet.  And the internet never forgets.  

You like to talk a lot about how you rank the guys...in this case, I'd love to see you find an old post which backs up your most recent post.  If for no other reason than credibility.  As in, it is all okay to say that you were wrong about something or some evaluation.  

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:14 PM, CWood21 said:

Kudos on that one.  I was absolutely wrong on Herbert.

You were also wrong when I said Gary was gonna go 12th and you said Gary is the type of player who you take a late 1st flier on. 

Well, not saying you were wrong, but you were wrong with us not taking him. 

Man, I thought Herbert was gonna be a bum. But I also didn't like Tua. 

Edited by JBURGE

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

You were also wrong when I said Gary was gonna go 12th and you said Gary is the type of player who you take a late 1st flier on. 

Well, not saying you were wrong, but you were wrong with us not taking him. 

Man, I thought Herbert was gonna be a bum. But I also didn't like Tua. 

I thought Herbert was a bust if he had to play in his first year.  Dead wrong.

Didn't have an opinion on Tua.  I did think that Hurts was going to be a great value outside of the first round.