2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

21 hours ago, Joe said:

Did you not see where he directly quoted me and then disagreed with the post?...

EDIT: Nevermind, I see which post you were referring to.

I wasn't disagreeing with your post as much as I was pointing out that, according to your own posts, you didn't have Herbert ahead of Burrow.

Edited by MaximusGluteus

6'4 304 with 33" arms for Slater. Ran 4.88, benched 33 reps and went sub 7.5 on the 3 cone.

Man if those arms were 1" longer, I'd for sure be putting him as OL #1. I'll have to look and see if there is a lot of historic success at OT with that arm length.

Either way, Slater's going to be a stud somewhere.

36 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

6'4 304 with 33" arms for Slater. Ran 4.88, benched 33 reps and went sub 7.5 on the 3 cone.

Man if those arms were 1" longer, I'd for sure be putting him as OL #1. I'll have to look and see if there is a lot of historic success at OT with that arm length.

Bulaga?

44 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Brian Bulaga .........................................................Iowa - 33 1/4"

Bakhtiari - 34"

Jenkins - 34"

Turner - 34"

Robert Gallery - One of the biggest LT busts, had 32.25" arms at 6'-7" and 325 lbs

I don't think Gute will have to make a decision on Slater. Obviously, if an LT has shorter arms, he should have other elite skills or measurables. Height can help with that. Anchor. Movement skills. Probably a combination of all those things. 

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Brian Bulaga .........................................................Iowa - 33 1/4"

Bakhtiari - 34"

Jenkins - 34"

Turner - 34"

Robert Gallery - One of the biggest LT busts, had 32.25" arms at 6'-7" and 325 lbs

I don't think Gute will have to make a decision on Slater. Obviously, if an LT has shorter arms, he should have other elite skills or measurables. Height can help with that. Anchor. Movement skills. Probably a combination of all those things. 

Yeah 34" is the sweet spot, Bulaga had a nice career for himself though.

Yeah Gute would have to perform quite the trade up to get Slater. We're going to be looking more at OL like Jenkins, Cosmo, Leatherwood and Radunz when we pick. Pretty confident that Darrisaw and the USC kid will be gone too.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah 34" is the sweet spot, Bulaga had a nice career for himself though.

Yeah Gute would have to perform quite the trade up to get Slater. We're going to be looking more at OL like Jenkins, Cosmo, Leatherwood and Radunz when we pick. Pretty confident that Darrisaw and the USC kid will be gone too.

And probably at 29 too.  As per usual, a ton of OT's will come off the board in the 2nd before our pick. Same with CB's. Not quite sure of the tiers. If I were GM I would trade up every year in the 2nd

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Penei Sewell fall off the face of the earth?

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Penei Sewell fall off the face of the earth?

I think Slater is a Bakh clone. Bakh is the #1 OL on the face of the earth, thus Slater is my #1 OL in this draft.

Sure Sewell is the Laremy Tunsil "prototype" in every way, and an elite prospect in his own right, but I prefer the technicians with elite feet. That's Slater.

I have a lot of preferences the media wouldn't like this year, I'd take JOK over Parsons too for instance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonKarman said:

143 is the perfect pick to go trade up and draft Mac Jones with the 25th pick.

I can guarantee that they're not even in on Jones.  Say what you will about the Jordan Love pick, but the reason basically none of Rodgers backups ever came to anything is that you simply cannot run the same offense with Aaron Rodgers and Brian Brohm/Matt Flynn/Brett Hundley/Deshone Kizer/etc.  Whether or not Love ever comes to anything, he at least has the tools to be able to execute the same kind of offense you build around Rodgers.

But like, full stop, you can't have an immobile guy backing up a mobile guy without installing two offenses. 

Tom Silverstein -   The NFL has revised the overall numbers of the comp draft picks. The Packers' are Nos. 142 (not 143), 177 (not 178) and 219 (not 220). They still pick 29th in the 1st, 3rd, 5th and 7th rounds and 30th in the 2nd, 4th and 6th rounds.