2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

Watching film, he plays closer to 4.50 than 4.45. Think he has ok coverage skills, just not near the athlete J Alexander is. 

Unless we bring KK back as a short term / stop gap measure, we're gonna need somebody to step in (or step up) - so, they better eyeball whomever they select and check all the "This guy's gonna help us right away" boxes.

Same might apply for OT where an inopportune injury (is there ever an opportune one?????) could put us in a bind.  Jenkins cant play everywhere....all at the same time.

Edited by Leader

2 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Watching film, he plays closer to 4.50 than 4.45. Think he has ok coverage skills, just not near the athlete J Alexander is. 

IF the Packers pass on him, at least we have a reasonable reason to understand why

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

IF the Packers pass on him, at least we have a reasonable reason to understand why

Agree. Don’t they have metrics they usually follow for CB? Alexander was the exception because of his superb athleticism.  

Bet there’ll be other CB’s available even at 62 with better numbers and size. 

4 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Agree. Don’t they have metrics they usually follow for CB? Alexander was the exception because of his superb athleticism.  

Bet there’ll be other CB’s available even at 62 with better numbers and size. 

Maybe the RAS ? 

I'm not an expert on that stuff. I'm sure someone else will chime in

9 hours ago, SSG said:

I completely agree.  The only way he isn't drafted in the first is if he doesn't work out or if he completely bombs his workout.  

Tomorrow is Purdue's pro day.  If he has the sort of workout that his trainer suggests that he's capable of having then I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone in the top 15.  This is could potentially be a 4.3 WR who can be seen on videos squatting 600lbs and bench pressing 400+ lbs.  He's a freak.

I know this sounds crazy but I think there's a good chance Moore stays on the board in the late 2nd. 

The supply of WRs in FA and the draft outweighs the demand, imo. This is another very good WR class and I think some of them fall down the board more than people expect 

Yes, I am manifesting Moore to GB in the 2nd. Would be perfect for our offense 

10 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

He reminds me a lot of Ronald Darby, and I've never loved Darby. FSU plays a lot of bail technique with their corners. They flip open the hips right away so you rarely see them pedal. Never been a fan of a DB of theirs in the last decade save for the rare ones like Ramsey.

I have watched a couple of highlights.  I really don't like what I have seen of Samuel.  I do like his willingness to mix it up and tackle.  I don't see a lot of plus in his coverage, even in highlights.  I am not sure that I see a starting outside CB, especially seeing his pedestrian measurements (for an NFL DB).  I am looking at him like the board must have already fallen to **** and we can't trade out consolation prize.  

Also, I now have cancer of the ear because of the music in his highlight videos.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's ~5'9", 180 and he's played in 7 games the last two seasons.  I feel fairly comfortable staying the HELL away.

I'm not advocating that we draft him.  I'm just pointing out that you might be short selling him by lumping him in with every player who's been 5'9" and 180 lbs.  Marquise Brown didn't do one single workout and he was a first round pick at the quoted size.  That's a wiry Brown, not a guy who's equally as fast but strong enough to put up 18+ reps of on the bench.  

The Purdue pro day today and it might have hurt him more than it helped him.  While he was a 98%er in both the workouts he participated in, he came in at 5'7".  Disappointing to see that he did just 2 workouts.  

Need a difference maker, but you’re picking past 20th overall?

You’ve gotta take a shot on a WR or ILB.

That, or you’re picking a project who won’t be a difference maker in the first year.

Need a difference maker to make an immediate difference but you’re picking past 20th overall?

You’re back to ILB/WR.

48 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Need a difference maker, but you’re picking past 20th overall?

You’ve gotta take a shot on a WR or ILB.

That, or you’re picking a project who won’t be a difference maker in the first year.

Need a difference maker to make an immediate difference but you’re picking past 20th overall?

You’re back to ILB/WR.

Is there really such thing as a difference maker at ILB?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Is there really such thing as a difference maker at ILB?

I mean, you saw 2 of them just win the SB. But they are rare. I look at ILB as a position lacking a true spectrum of talent. You either have "it" guys (White, David, Wagner, Warner, Leonard) and then everyone else. There's not a measurable enough difference between a guy like Blake Martinez and Krys Barnes. So why pay one $10m when I can pay the other $500k? But that changes when you're talking about one of the big names. 

My ideal draft hasn't changed. If the board is there, I want CB and WR in round 1 and 2 respectively. Rounds 3 and 4, I use our 3 picks on OL and DL, doubling up at one of those positions, then probably signing a SFA at the other. Rounds 5 through 7, whatever. 

34 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean, you saw 2 of them just win the SB. But they are rare. I look at ILB as a position lacking a true spectrum of talent. You either have "it" guys (White, David, Wagner, Warner, Leonard) and then everyone else. There's not a measurable enough difference between a guy like Blake Martinez and Krys Barnes. So why pay one $10m when I can pay the other $500k? But that changes when you're talking about one of the big names. 

Based on what?

David has been in the league forever. If you only become a difference maker when a strong DL is put in front of you, you're not a difference maker. 

• Like 1