2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We've won a lot of games with a 7'th rounder in Wells.  And a 5'th rounder in Linsley.   

Guess I feel like there are more pressing concerns than a center for those earlier rounds.  

If we take a center in the first ill be a chiefs fan for the year.

• Like 2

We can now draft BPA, if it's an OT, great, DL? Great, CB? Great, hell even WR or one of the ILBs like JOK or Parsons fall, we're fine if we take them. 

Always good to have at least a league average starter in all 27 spots. Argue maybe Lowry and Patrick are below average, but it's close.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We can now draft BPA, if it's an OT, great, DL? Great, CB? Great, hell even WR or one of the ILBs like JOK or Parsons fall, we're fine if we take them. 

Always good to have at least a league average starter in all 27 spots. Argue maybe Lowry and Patrick are below average, but it's close.

We are likely below league average in 11 positions:

WR2

WR3

OC

RG

LDE

RDE

ILB1

ILB2

P

PR

KR

We are in the neighborhood of league average in 4 positions:

TE

EDGE2

CB2

K

5 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

We are likely below league average in 11 positions:

WR2

WR3

OC

RG

LDE

RDE

ILB1

ILB2

P

PR

KR

We are in the neighborhood of league average in 4 positions:

TE

EDGE2

CB2

K

Eh sorry I don't see most of that as true, but you've shown today you're more down on the current roster than I am, which is fine.

I forgot we have a new RG, so I'd say RG, C, DE (we're a 2-4-5 and Sully is an average slot CB, so I don't count 3 DL) is where we're below average. Barnes, Martin, MVS, Laz and Scott I'd consider at the level of league average.

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Eh sorry I don't see most of that as true, but you've shown today you're more down on the current roster than I am, which is fine.

I forgot we have a new RG, so I'd say RG, C, DE (we're a 2-4-5 and Sully is an average slot CB, so I don't count 3 DL) is where we're below average. Barnes, Martin, MVS, Laz and Scott I'd consider at the level of league average.

I think you'd struggle to find anyone other than GB homers to agree about Barnes, Martin and Scott. The WRs are iffy.

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think you'd struggle to find anyone other than GB homers to agree about Barnes, Martin and Scott. The WRs are iffy.

Homer or not it should be about stats, scheme, and playing time, not if they're just viewed as below or above average.

I have no clue how they compare to the rest of the league, but it would be interesting to see some numbers. 

42 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Homer or not it should be about stats, scheme, and playing time, not if they're just viewed as below or above average.

I have no clue how they compare to the rest of the league, but it would be interesting to see some numbers. 

Best I can do is look at the color of their pff score.

I'm not keen on picking a center in the first either but I got a top 20 grade on Humphrey so he very well could be BPA when we pick. I fail to see how picking an immediate impact center is any worse than picking a WR or ILB like others have mentioned here.

Edited by Rodjahs12