2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

21 hours ago, SSG said:

I'm not advocating that we draft him.  I'm just pointing out that you might be short selling him by lumping him in with every player who's been 5'9" and 180 lbs.  Marquise Brown didn't do one single workout and he was a first round pick at the quoted size.  That's a wiry Brown, not a guy who's equally as fast but strong enough to put up 18+ reps of on the bench.  

The Purdue pro day today and it might have hurt him more than it helped him.  While he was a 98%er in both the workouts he participated in, he came in at 5'7".  Disappointing to see that he did just 2 workouts.  

Except fro the fact that Marquise Brown played in 25 games in his final two seasons at Oklahoma.  Rondale Moore has played in 20 games over his 3 year career at Purdue.  Let me ask you this, if Moore didn't post such insane Combine numbers, where would his draft stock be?  He'd be a clear Day 2 prospect, maybe even early Day 3.  Not someone you're suggesting that should get a FRP.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vegas492 said:

We've won a lot of games with a 7'th rounder in Wells.  And a 5'th rounder in Linsley.   

Guess I feel like there are more pressing concerns than a center for those earlier rounds.  

I think there's a better chance we draft another OG on Day 2 and move Jenkins to C then selecting a C on Day 2 or Day 1.

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think we need to start preparing ourselves for the fact that Caleb Farley could be available at 29, but we pass on him because he's a medical red.

Damn. He's got a nice highlight reel. Whats his issue?

Answered my own question:

Caleb Farley decided to sit out the 2020 season in order to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He had already established himself as one of the premier defensive prospects in the class and felt like a near-lock to go in the top ten. However, that is changing quickly.

On Monday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Caleb Farley will have a microdiscectomy on Tuesday and will not perform at Virginia Tech’s Pro Day on Friday. While this appears to be a relatively minor back surgery, any back injury is concerning for a football player. Farley is undoubtedly an extremely talented 2021 NFL Draft prospect but the uncertainty surrounding this injury will likely cause his stock to fall.

What Is Microdiscectomy?  -  Microdiscectomy, also known as microdecompression, is one of the most common minimally invasive spine surgery procedures. The main goal of microdiscectomy is to take pressure off your nerves to relieve your back pain.

Microdiscectomy Risks -  Besides the typical risks of surgery, including infection and blood loss, there are other possible complications for microdiscectomy:

Your pain can come back.
Your disc can re-herniate.
Not all of your disc material may have been removed during your procedure.
Your spinal cord, nerves, and blood vessels can be injured.

Microdiscectomy Recovery -  The good news is that many patients have significant pain relief from a microdiscectomy and can quickly return to their normal lives, generally in less than 2 weeks. However, your doctor will advise you on how quickly you can return to exercise and your other daily activities.

A successful microdiscectomy should accomplish what a traditional open discectomy accomplishes—but with a faster, less painful recovery.

Edited by Leader

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Think we need to start preparing ourselves for the fact that Caleb Farley could be available at 29, but we pass on him because he's a medical red.

That would mean a pretty big red to drop 20 spots. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

2 back injuries with one a herniated disk, scares the crap out of me. Honestly, I wouldn’t draft him any earlier than our second. Disk issues scare me. Everyone I know who has had something like that, it has lasted forever. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Damn. He's got a nice highlight reel. Whats his issue?

Answered my own question:

Caleb Farley decided to sit out the 2020 season in order to prepare for the 2021 NFL Draft. He had already established himself as one of the premier defensive prospects in the class and felt like a near-lock to go in the top ten. However, that is changing quickly.

On Monday, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported that Caleb Farley will have a microdiscectomy on Tuesday and will not perform at Virginia Tech’s Pro Day on Friday. While this appears to be a relatively minor back surgery, any back injury is concerning for a football player. Farley is undoubtedly an extremely talented 2021 NFL Draft prospect but the uncertainty surrounding this injury will likely cause his stock to fall.

What Is Microdiscectomy?  -  Microdiscectomy, also known as microdecompression, is one of the most common minimally invasive spine surgery procedures. The main goal of microdiscectomy is to take pressure off your nerves to relieve your back pain.

Microdiscectomy Risks -  Besides the typical risks of surgery, including infection and blood loss, there are other possible complications for microdiscectomy:

Your pain can come back.
Your disc can re-herniate.
Not all of your disc material may have been removed during your procedure.
Your spinal cord, nerves, and blood vessels can be injured.

Microdiscectomy Recovery -  The good news is that many patients have significant pain relief from a microdiscectomy and can quickly return to their normal lives, generally in less than 2 weeks. However, your doctor will advise you on how quickly you can return to exercise and your other daily activities.

A successful microdiscectomy should accomplish what a traditional open discectomy accomplishes—but with a faster, less painful recovery.

Hard pass on this guy.  Backs are a ***** had that surgery myself.  You don't come back the same.  For a young guy to already be having these problems is especially concerning.  I'd take him off my board completely.  He'll be battling this the rest of his life.

24 minutes ago, Leader said:

Okay.....so rounding out todays chatter......29 comes along and the following are there:

JOK / LB
Farley / CB
Bardmore / IDL
Best OT prospect (you pick him).

Who you taking?

I'm taking Farley if he's even on our board. Because if he's on our board that means we feel okay about the medical and he's a steal at 29.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'm taking Farley if he's even on our board. Because if he's on our board that means we feel okay about the medical and he's a steal at 29.

He's not going to be on our board. 21 and two back procedures already. Sad for him because he's a truly great talent. Think he'll go the way of Jaylon Smith and be someone a team gambles on in round 2. With Surtain, Horn, Newsome, Stokes, Campbell, Melifonwu and Samuel all in this class, I wouldn't take him round 1.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

He's not going to be on our board. 21 and two back procedures already. Sad for him because he's a truly great talent. Think he'll go the way of Jaylon Smith and be someone a team gambles on in round 2. With Surtain, Horn, Newsome, Stokes, Campbell, Melifonwu and Samuel all in this class, I wouldn't take him round 1.

Two back procedures? I didnt pick up on that. Rather there was an ACL and a back procedure. Whatever. He probably wont be a Packer.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Okay.....so rounding out todays chatter......29 comes along and the following are there:

JOK / LB
Farley / CB
Bardmore / IDL
Best OT prospect (you pick him).

Who you taking?

We have a hole at OT right now with only Yosh Nijman as a listed Tackle on this roster unless you count Billy Turner who has been pressed into Tackle duties. We should walk out of this draft with at least 2 OT's.

11 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Except fro the fact that Marquise Brown played in 25 games in his final two seasons at Oklahoma.  Rondale Moore has played in 20 games over his 3 year career at Purdue.  Let me ask you this, if Moore didn't post such insane Combine numbers, where would his draft stock be?  He'd be a clear Day 2 prospect, maybe even early Day 3.  Not someone you're suggesting that should get a FRP.

I think he's the guy who everyone is shocked to see picked in the 4th. He's small, he's oft-injured, he doesn't have the deep speed you'd think he'd have given his numbers. He's a poor man's Tavon Austin and he'll be lucky to have the success Austin sort of have has had in the NFL IMHO.

Peter Bukowski -  When Jaycee Horn was projected as CB3, he was going in that 15-25 range. If Caleb Farley falls to CB3 because of this back injury, then Farley could end up landing in that same 15-25 range. I'd be moving up for him if I were the Packers.