2021 NFL Draft Thread

44 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

How come I feel like this WR class has the largest group of "short" guys I've seen in years...

38 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I saw an interview somewhere that discussed the Rondale Moores of the world. His opinion was those types of guys always look good in college, but the NFL is a different world with regard to athletes, plays, and windows, hence their game has a much harder time translating. I agree 100% with that take

I feel like you can get a great slot/gadget guy in the fourth round with those "short" WR's.  Maybe even later.  

I wouldn't take a short one high, but in our offense, that could be a fun toy to be had in the mid rounds.  Jet motion stuff to replace Ervin.

53 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like you can get a great slot/gadget guy in the fourth round with those "short" WR's.  Maybe even later.  

I wouldn't take a short one high, but in our offense, that could be a fun toy to be had in the mid rounds.  Jet motion stuff to replace Ervin.

I hear you, but I'm just not a huge fan. It really has to be bargain value IMO. And he won't be. How much did Ervin really make a difference running orbit motions 3 times a game ?? I could argue his best stuff was filling in at RB when he had to. Ervin is also 5'-10". What's the catch radius of Rondale Moore in the NFL when the window is no longer 5 yards as it was in college ?? Joystick in college may get you a 40 yard touchdown. Joystick in the NFL gets you destroyed by a 260 pound Edge. Guys like Moore are always nicked up. Where was 2018 Rondale Moore and why ?? And that's in college. He looks like a walking soft tissue injury waiting to happen.

Most importantly, I'm not touching Moore with a 10 foot pole to run orbit motions when I need an OT to play every down for 10 years, or a CB that's on the field to try to get the defense over the hump, or a DL that can help stop SF from gaining 200 yards rushing before contact or maybe get within 10 feet against Tom Brady. For me, the risk, reward, need, is horrible

Edited by cannondale
Adam Schefter -  Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF’s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources. Blockbuster deal with massive ramifications for years to come.
4 minutes ago, Leader said:
Adam Schefter -  Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF’s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources. Blockbuster deal with massive ramifications for years to come.

Wow.  SF must feel they are just a QB away.  They may be right but that's a huge gamble.  If Tua is the guy, Miami will have insane amounts of capital to build that roster.

Edited by Refugee
3 minutes ago, Refugee said:

Wow.  SF must feel they are just a QB away.  They may be right but that's a huge gamble.  If Tua is the guy, Miami will have insane amounts of capital to build that roster.

The Niners refuse to die.....

Jimmy G's a UFA in 2023- but he'll be traded for picks before that. 
Wonder if CHI is interested.....

I'm glad MIA is in the AFC cause (I think...) they have an insane number of top picks.

Yikes. That's a haul to move up for Fields. Please please, NYJ, take Wilson. Actually, if the NYJ don't take Wilson, they will find someone to move up for him. 

Edited by cannondale
5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

So which QB does Kyle like? Fields or Lance?

Doubt that makes that move for Jones...

Gotta be Fields. I'd think they could have moved up to like 5-10 for Lance if there was another taker. 

The lack of a preseason last year hurt us (read: Love) cause this would have been the year to trade AR - when he's top of the market. We could have given ourselves a bunch of top draft picks and cap relief.....but we couldnt put our finger on that trigger cause Love's such an unknown still. Oh well. Such is life in the Big City.

Just now, packfanfb said:

What the hell is happening. It's March Madness. 

Maybe they want a shot at Lance to hedge their Tua bet.   Or they are in love with a top OT.  Let the arms race commence for the QB run this year.  Hopefully it benefits us at 29 and Love turns out to be better than them all.