2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

35 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Based on an initial review of prospects and with Pro Days still rolling out, going off a "Best Value Available" approach, here is a preliminary broad Packers' board for pick 29 (no particular order):

*Note: top guys expected to be gone aren't listed.  

OT: 

• Jalen Mayfield
  • Teven Jenkins
  • Dillon Radunz
  • Liam Eichenberg
  • Samuel Cosmi

Deep group of OTs from the mid-1st-2nd round. 

CB:

• Caleb Farley (medical reasons)
  • Greg Newsome II
  • Asante Samuel Jr.
  • Ifeatu Melifonwu 
  • Tyson Campbell
  • Eric Stokes

Again, deep group. 

S/DB: 

• Trevon Moehrig
  • Jevon Holland

Versatile players we covet, especially Holland. 

LB: 

• Zaven Collins
  • Jeremiah Owusu-Korahoah

Was going to leave LB off the list since we don't draft 1st round LBs but Collins and JOK aren't true "ILBs." Collins is almost a ILB/Edge hybrid and JOK is closer to a ILB/S hybrid. 

IDL: 

• Christian Barmore

Barmore or bust at IDL on Day 1. 

WR:

• Rashod Bateman
  • Kadarius Toney
  • Terrace Marshall Jr. 

All of the other top WRs are too small for GB's requirements IMO. Marshall may be a stretch here as well but has good size at least. 

Left out: QB, RB, TE, IOL and EDGE (a few good prospects but I just don't see us going there round 1 with the Smiths/Gary). 

Am I missing anyone? Any guys on the list we think shouldn't be on it?  

Bolton the ILB from Missouri should be on the list.

I hope for Marshall (WR) in the second round.  I think he's undervalued on the mock sims that I run.  Bateman should be gone, but I like keeping him on the list.

Regarding the OT's...I've only watched Mayfield on your list.  But if he's on there, Walker Little needs to be on there.  He's got much better feet and some really solid tape from his sophomore season.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

Bolton the ILB from Missouri should be on the list.

I hope for Marshall (WR) in the second round.  I think he's undervalued on the mock sims that I run.  Bateman should be gone, but I like keeping him on the list.

Regarding the OT's...I've only watched Mayfield on your list.  But if he's on there, Walker Little needs to be on there.  He's got much better feet and some really solid tape from his sophomore season.

Mayfield's unofficial RAS's from today's Pro Day, ehhhhh....

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Seems like they see a guy that they like and want him to sit for a year... to learn. Then next year they can get rid of Jimmy.

If they get there guy this year - they have backups capable of starting already - so Jimmy G could be gone before the season begins.

3 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Thanks. I assume that score qualifies since Gute seems to like RAS ?

Gute certainly doesn't mind good RAS scores and 9.38 is very good. 

For perspective: Elgton Jenkins - 9.34 

Edited by packfanfb

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Gute certainly doesn't mind good RAS scores and 9.38 is very good. 

Has taken snaps at Guard and Center, and one would assume he could be Day One at RT. The last mock I saw had him going 34ish, which makes sense. 

Just now, cannondale said:

Has taken snaps at Guard and Center, and one would assume he could be Day One at RT. The last mock I saw had him going 34ish, which makes sense. 

I would certainly think he's in play for us after those agility scores. 

Now that the underwear olympics aren't happening, it's fun to watch folks get all excited over the numbers being reported at the pro days.  Please keep in mind that a lot of these participants took the year off of football to practice their technique for running a forty yard dash that they'll never replicate on the field.  Don't get blinded by the timings, this is going to be the biggest crap shoot draft so far in our lifetime.  On the other hand.....if someone's RAS score is poor? Turn and run away.  Mayfield may be one of the most overrated players this year.  Definitely NOT first round RAS.

• Like 1