2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  And I'd say I'm on the pessimistic side of Fields' evaluation.  Trey Lance is this year's Jordan Love.

Wondering....if you had to make a choice today...which would you select? Lance or Love?

38 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

No.  And I'd say I'm on the pessimistic side of Fields' evaluation.  Trey Lance is this year's Jordan Love.

If that's the case, Gute should have flipped Love to SF for a 1st and 3rd and let SF keep the other 1st rounder they just gave up. 

Bill Huber / SI -  Mock Draft

First round – Alabama DT Christian Barmore
Second round – BYU OT Brady Christensen
Third round – Oklahoma State WR Tylan Wallace
Fourth round – Oklahoma State CB Rodarius Williams
Fourth round – Georgia S Richard LeCounte III
Fifth round – Central Florida CB Tay Gowan
Fifth round – Kentucky C Drake Jackson
Sixth round – Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette
Sixth round – California CB Camryn Bynum
Seventh round – Coastal Carolina edge Tarron Jackson

Green Bay’s four major needs are defensive line, receiver, cornerback and offensive line. One of those, obviously, had to wait. I think this is a really good crop of cornerbacks, so I waited and took a volume approach at a position in which former draft picks Josh Jackson and Ka’dar Hollman were inactive for the playoffs and Kevin King and Jackson will be free agents next offseason.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Bill Huber / SI -  Mock Draft

First round – Alabama DT Christian Barmore
Second round – BYU OT Brady Christensen
Third round – Oklahoma State WR Tylan Wallace
Fourth round – Oklahoma State CB Rodarius Williams
Fourth round – Georgia S Richard LeCounte III
Fifth round – Central Florida CB Tay Gowan
Fifth round – Kentucky C Drake Jackson
Sixth round – Iowa WR Ihmir Smith-Marsette
Sixth round – California CB Camryn Bynum
Seventh round – Coastal Carolina edge Tarron Jackson

Green Bay’s four major needs are defensive line, receiver, cornerback and offensive line. One of those, obviously, had to wait. I think this is a really good crop of cornerbacks, so I waited and took a volume approach at a position in which former draft picks Josh Jackson and Ka’dar Hollman were inactive for the playoffs and Kevin King and Jackson will be free agents next offseason.

This would be boring but a really good draft. We need d front help and could use a OT as a hedge. With King back, I could see us just going mid round volume at CB especially with this class being deeper there (similar to Rb/wr a few years back). I really do like Wallace as a #2 type wr. The kid has swag and won’t have the MVS drops. From a roster planning standpoint we do need to develop a WR as well or the well will be dry in 2 years.

The only thing it is missing is a flyer at rb in round 6.

7 minutes ago, Haha21 said:

If Caleb Farley falls to 29 do we take him? It would be so tempting but considering our medical staff I can't see us pulling the trigger on him.

Kind of the same boat as Jaelan Phillips. I would love either but with no knowledge of the medicals will understand if we pass. Especially with the issues getting medicals with no combine etc wouldn't be shocked to see both slide much further than people expect. Phillips more so than Farley

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

FWIW Renner from PFF, who is a Packer fan said Love would be graded as the 7th or 8th QB

Not surprising... depending on your grading and how high you rate a guy based on pure potential or not.

Love is a boom or bust type player. I think one could argue he has better physical tools than most in this 21 class. But the tough sell is... can those tools be shaped into a consistent player? I’m sure there is a lot of data that would likely say no... so scouts would knock him for that.

Thats why GB drafted him... because the amount of polishing he needs aligns with the likely Rodgers decline. When drafted I figured he would be the starter in his fourth year.

Edited by Green19