2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Liam Eichenberg had a solid pro day today. Unofficial 8.53 RAS. 7.53 3C and 4.58 Shuttle. Measured in a 6'6", 306. 33 reps on the bench. Can probably add him to the possible OT picks for the Packers at 29 if he's still there. 

feels like such a packer offensive lineman 

1 hour ago, Joe said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brady-christensen/H9rMrOhs9y

No...no he wouldn't at all...he's a Guard at the next level and we are very deep there...

So profile that says that could be a guard (after saying he can play at LT and RT) is what determines his position.

The dude is an athletic freak (best broad jump by a lineman ever by 3 inches):

No way you wanna play him at guard (and some OL experts think the same):

1 hour ago, Joe said:

No...no he wouldn't at all...he's a Guard at the next level and we are very deep there...

Based on what?  A write up questioning his athleticism when we now know his athletic testing was excellent.

You speak in absolutes based on something you read without reviewing the tape and making a real evaluation.  Your talk regarding Walker Little is equally off base.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

So profile that says that could be a guard (after saying he can play at LT and RT) is what determines his position.

The dude is an athletic freak (best broad jump by a lineman ever by 3 inches):

No way you wanna play him at guard (and some OL experts think the same):

It says he's played LT but would be better off as a RT and even better at Guard. That's why they say "Backup Swing Tackle"...

Also, you have to consider the fact that he's pretty bad in the run game...

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/brady-christensen-nfl-draft-player-profile-byu-offensive-tackle/

They also say this:

Although Christensen isn’t a top-tier athlete, he still has enough movement ability to be relatively scheme diverse. Teams like the Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Cincinnati Bengals, and Green Bay Packers, would serve well to add Christensen early on Day 3.

So you're talking about a 24 year old prospect that is a bit of a project at the next level. We don't draft old players, period; never have, probably never will. The bigger issue is that he is NOT plug-n-play. We need plug-n-play...

2 hours ago, Joe said:

So you're talking about a 24 year old prospect that is a bit of a project at the next level. We don't draft old players, period; never have, probably never will. The bigger issue is that he is NOT plug-n-play. We need plug-n-play...

Kyler Fackrell - 25 years old when drafted.

Kadar  Hollman - 25 Years old when drafted

Cole Madison - 24 years old when drafted

I guess we never draft 24 year old developmental players.

Do you just make stuff up?

We get it-you want a 1st round OT.  We could use a good tackle.   But you would never have considered Bakhtiari based on his write ups.   Let me save you the effort - they were very similar to the write ups on Christensen and Little.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Came in at 6'1" 221 lbs at his pro day today. 36.6 Vert and 10'4" broad. Don't see a 40 time, but 4.15 SS and 6.8 3C. Unofficial RAS of 8.71. 

Seems like a guy we would like? Hybrid LB/S type who can play in your sub packages and give you more run support.

6 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I have to ask...why?

I think David Bakhtiari is the best LT in football, my comp to Slater is Bakh. So why wouldn't I rank the guy I think comps to the best LT in football as the best LT in the draft? When you combine someone that checks all the technician boxes, with excellent tape (only OL in NCAA to shutdown Chase Young without help) and  an excellent RAS, I think he's going to be a stud for a long time. Nothing against Sewell, he's #5 on my big board compared to Slater at #4, he's right there.

17 hours ago, Joe said:

PFF doesn't feel he is a guard, if we are doing "lazy" evaluations here based off websites.

I've watched him a little.  Doesn't look like a guard to me.  Like there isn't enough power there.  Also, not a great base for a LT.

I think with a year in an NFL weight room, that all changes.  But regarding him, I'd say he's a reach in the second round.  But end of third round and later, I'm all for it.

Here's the PFF stuff....

Which teams would best incubate Christensen’s skill set?

Brady Christensen can be a starter at the NFL level. His upside is capped a bit, however, and his age limits the number of prime years a team can get from him. Nevertheless, Christensen has enough length and functional mobility to be effective.

His pass sets are smooth and refined, and he seeks out work in the running game. At the very least, Christensen profiles as a solid swing tackle, with potential starting traits.

Featured | Schulte’s March 7-round 2021 NFL Mock Draft

Although Christensen isn’t a top-tier athlete, he still has enough movement ability to be relatively scheme diverse. Teams like the Los Angeles Rams, Seattle Seahawks, Cincinnati Bengals, and Green Bay Packers, would serve well to add Christensen early on Day 3.

At the same time, he also fills a need for teams who are simply looking for depth on the offensive line. Above all, that’s one need that never quite goes away across the league, and Christensen has the résumé to fill it with ease. If he can reach his maximum potential, Christensen could be a solid starting left tackle in the NFL.

Christensen isn't a guard. Shouldn't even be discussed. Guy has good tape at LT and enough length and athletic ability to stay there. You don't even discuss move to guard in that case until he fails at OT in the NFL.

That's like taking a guy with all the tools to play center field and plugging him at a corner outfield spot.